Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintonccy

Reaction score
Just curious, any of you bros here tried those cheap USB DVB-T2 receivers (For computers) from Ebay? Any info if it is compatible in Singapore and its reliability/safety/etc?

Something similar to this:
index.php

doomgaze86

Reaction score
If I get you correctly,

1. Wall socket (connected to roof antenna) -> Draco antenna in -> Draco antenna out -> TV Antenna in

2. Wall socket (connected to roof antenna) -> Draco antenna in -> HDMI to TV (without DVB T2 receiver)

For (1), I believe your dad's TV has built-in DTB T2 receiver. So the Draco Antenna out is a pass-through to your dad's TV. While (2), it is likely a TV without DVB T2 receiver but connected to Darco via HDMI.

Am I right?

Yes my dad's TV has a built in DVBT2 tuner. The HDMI out of the Draco is also connected to my Dad's TV so he can watch/record/view recordings.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Only issue I have so far is that the Draco's interface is pretty useless and poorly designed. I would have expected there to be a series record function, or an option to record from Monday - Friday, but I can't seem to find anything other than Weekly, Daily and Once. Anyone have any idea about this? If there is no such option, I guess my workaround would be to use his TV (which can schedule recordings from Mon-Fri) to record HD8 and the Draco to record HD5.

i found that if u set draco recording to Daily... it always +2 days not +1 day.
eg. after monday recording, it will schedule the next recording on wed, then fri. always skip 1 day.
anyone got this prob? is this fixed with the new 2014 firmware?

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
There are MDA approved model available at NTUC,Courts etc

I got mine from Indonesia through a friend from Jakarta ~$40

I have T2 TV as well and personally I do not prefer set top box as it requires additional power when viewing.

NTUC got sell? Which NTUC??

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, any of you bros here tried those cheap USB DVB-T2 receivers (For computers) from Ebay? Any info if it is compatible in Singapore and its reliability/safety/etc?

Something similar to this:
index.php

i wasted $$ on this :mad::mad:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i wasted $$ on this :mad::mad:

I noticed that they now have BDA drivers for DVB-C.

Haven't tried it on my device though (long time no use the device liao), but if it works, it's not so bad to use it to receive DVB-C channels.

b00mxer

Reaction score
I noticed that they now have BDA drivers for DVB-C.

Haven't tried it on my device though (long time no use the device liao), but if it works, it's not so bad to use it to receive DVB-C channels.

It works. Tried and tested.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It works. Tried and tested.

Yeah.... good to know that.

Btw though, this device's DVB-T2 doesn't support the Singapore standard.

Nevertheless, it's good that they released the BDA drivers for DVB-C. This is one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) DVB-C single tuner liao.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
bought this from taobao, the description says 2014 for sg and msia. they even supply a standard 2pin UK plug
ipgHM00L7Y6vS.jpg

the specs
iVBWbwlvAleD4.jpg

everything is fine, video is good. except the sound, which sounded the same as one of the users who posted earlier on. its like the pitch has been increased. funny thing is the dvb t HD5 sounds better than the dvb t2 HD5

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought this from taobao, the description says 2014 for sg and msia. they even supply a standard 2pin UK plug
ipgHM00L7Y6vS.jpg

the specs
iVBWbwlvAleD4.jpg

everything is fine, video is good. except the sound, which sounded the same as one of the users who posted earlier on. its like the pitch has been increased. funny thing is the dvb t HD5 sounds better than the dvb t2 HD5

wah how much tatsit didi hoot this for? :)

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

doomgaze86

Reaction score
Yeah.... good to know that.

Btw though, this device's DVB-T2 doesn't support the Singapore standard.

Nevertheless, it's good that they released the BDA drivers for DVB-C. This is one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) DVB-C single tuner liao.

Hi.. Hope you don't mind me asking, but DVB-C is transmitted via the SCV cable point, right? What channels are available via DVB-C? HD5 only?

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi.. Hope you don't mind me asking, but DVB-C is transmitted via the SCV cable point, right? What channels are available via DVB-C? HD5 only?

DVB-C: HD5, and all other digital channels like Ch8, U, CNA and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.