Wireless IP Camera thread

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
mmm...done that same as other 3 IPcam setting, so RT56u's forwarding shall not be a problem. often outside is a bit not so straight forward to connect between the IPcam and smartphone.. :s11:

Try port forward same port. N also test if some ports r blocked. For example, 8088 & 8085 may be blocked along the way. i got such issue before.

Then try ip addr instead of ddns name to see if u get to connect wif cam.

user109s

Reaction score
15donyb.jpg

Well, above is the HW0024 statics IP section and for the season guy how hard can it be, right? Same thought as most of your guys but, I hit the wall.. :s11: According to the Wanscam tech guy, the DNS server 1 is uneditable. I guess it's for P2P use.

Last edited:

user109s

Reaction score
You know the greatest pride is when you set a new toy up successfully, right? It common to everyone..

I have been testing the HW0024 for 2 days and it just didn't connect to internet, no matter what I did. And tonite, I just reset it to factory default and try to run a P2P setup. You know what? I can login to internet to see the IPcam with another internet login, as well as my S4 which is previously couldn't at all. Damn it.. :s12:
Everything has to re-start again..:(

user109s

Reaction score
Errr. Why ur ipcam ip is same as gateway? Sala lah...

Salah bro? Huhh... that means other also? :eek: Have to find out, maybe I too less sleep, and too much playing this toy.. Have to re-start everything again!

You're right bro, much of test and able to see at it's proprietary software "e-view7" only. Still figure..

Last edited:

oreodude111

Reaction score
Hi, my friend just bought 2 plug and play IP wireless camera from RH SYNERGY. RHS202W and also RHS212W and said it was easy to set up and its features are good too, so I went to their website to check their products and services and found out that they have clients like Far East Organization and CATHAY cineplexes and even City Developments Limited. I am quite new to IP cameras and i want to get a few plug and play IP cameras for my office. Any comments on their product?

bigfoot

Master Member
Reaction score
I want to save myself the hassle of installing. Do anyone here know if any company or freelance providing installation service for cctv at home? I am looking some camera to monitor my kids at home as they will be left alone with a new maid. Just want to make sure things are ok at home. Do PM me if you have any contacts. Thanks in advance.

juskoh2

Reaction score
Hi, my friend just bought 2 plug and play IP wireless camera from RH SYNERGY. RHS202W and also RHS212W and said it was easy to set up and its features are good too, so I went to their website to check their products and services and found out that they have clients like Far East Organization and CATHAY cineplexes and even City Developments Limited. I am quite new to IP cameras and i want to get a few plug and play IP cameras for my office. Any comments on their product?

Coincidently someone is selling the same 2 models in HardwareZone market place: Brand New IP cameras for Sale! - Ad#292600
No idea why...

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SAMSUNG SNH-P6410BN SmartCam HD Pro

This SAMSUNG HD (FHD) ip camera looks good leh. Came out in Digital Life today. Costs $249 per piece

Samsung Techwin Releases SNH-P6410BN Full 1080p HD Pro SmartCam - HardwareZone.com.sg

Amazon.com : Samsung SmartCam HD Pro 1080p Full-HD Wi-Fi Camera : Baby

It has a 120 deg viewing angle, FHD, IR, dual-band WiFi, wide dynamic range, SLE etc

Specs can be found here

www.samsungsmartcam.com

Update

Product is distributed by Convergent Systems (S) Pte Ltd (6337 0177) and is available at CHALLENGER for the moment. COURTS, HN etc will follow up soon.

You'll need to sign up a SAMSUNG account and sign-in to it before accessing the camera using the browser i.e. using their cloud service. Cannot use other dyndns.

Storage is by means of microSDXC (FAT32) card only. Cannot store to NAS, DVR or cloud.

This camera is more suitable for monitoring rather than for surveillance

Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Bigfoot. Marix's 4ch 960H diy kit at $599, u can buy hdd elsewhere then call them n ask their installers to contact U.

oreodude111

Reaction score
Coincidently someone is selling the same 2 models in HardwareZone market place: Brand New IP cameras for Sale! - Ad#292600
No idea why...

Thanks the prompt reply!
Yup i saw. So any comments for their products? I heard from my friend that they are selling highend type of cameras but with affordable cost?? Anyone can tell me the price range for their product and if i can trust their products?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

No PTZ leh. I only interested in PTZ cameras.... :D

The angle is so wide covering slightly more than 2-90 degree walls (H=111 degree) that if you positioned the cameras strategically you can have less cameras and eliminate the more expensive PTZ cameras as well.

The issue here is whether you really need surveillance or monitoring in meeting your need.

Note that there's an error (I think) in the spec regarding its H & V angles. If you check out its video you'll find the discrepancy.

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

OK just bought one piece of the SAMSUNG SNH-P6140BN ip camera from Challenger@Jurong Point for try out.

If good will replace my 10xDLINK ip cameras

:D

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Ok, here's my short review of the SAMSUNG SAMSUNG SNH-P6140BN ip camera.

Started the camera at 5.30am this morning.

Part 1

Strengths

1) Wide angle and has IR - meets my needs.
2) Very easy to setup. No worry of any ip address and setting port forwarding in router.
3) Camera settings, even edited, are retained across different devices like laptop and multiple handphones as you only need to access SAMSUNG server to view them
4) Allows dual band WiFi selection (i.e. 2.4 & 5 GHz)
5) Video movement is smooth with no stuttering. My home internet connection is M1 300Mbps fibre BB with ASUS AC68U dual band router. The camera was set using 5GHz

Weaknesses

1) Cannot record to external storage (NAS/DVR) and cloud
2) Comes with 4x digital zoom
3) Cannot achieve FHD for video (H.264) using home WiFi when connecting camera wirelessly to my router and Note 3. Even using Ethernet to connect from camera to router still unable to achieve FHD. Video is 1280x720 only running in HQ mode. FHD can only be achieved using laptop.
4) Cannot use 3rd-party software to view multiple cameras at the same time.

Notes in proper exiting the SmartCam program when using Samsung Note 3. Samsung S4 mini do not have these issues.

1) No quit/exit button in SmartCam program. So if you quit/exit abruptly when in video mode the SmartCam program will hang and have difficulty in starting up again unless you quit the internet connection
2) If the video is in landscape mode on your handphone and you quit/exit using the back button on the handphone the SmartCam program will hang and have difficulty in starting again unless you quit the internet connection

The right way to exit/quit is to have the video in portrait mode and then use the back button on the handphone to back till it reaches the menu page. Then exit the SmartCam program.

Part 2

1) Heat issue - Came back at about 6.30 pm. Overall camera is slightly warm except the back where heat escapes through the openings which is slightly hot
2) 2-way audio - Very clear 2-way communication after re-testing
3) To test SD card recording
4) To test motion detection

Got another camera today.

:D

Last edited:

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
The angle is so wide covering slightly more than 2-90 degree walls (H=111 degree) that if you positioned the cameras strategically you can have less cameras and eliminate the more expensive PTZ cameras as well.

The issue here is whether you really need surveillance or monitoring in meeting your need.

Note that there's an error (I think) in the spec regarding its H & V angles. If you check out its video you'll find the discrepancy.

Wide angle helps but PTZ is invaluable to me. Even with PTZ, I usually have at least 2 cameras per room and I still find that my kids can be off cameras. For my living room for example, I have 4 cameras and still can't see my kids sometimes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.