Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tan1688

Reaction score
heres a short clip. notice the sound, kinda like low quality audio streams which you will get from 987fm online
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsquluc0nms6xhq/Ch_5_(HD)-05082014-2030.mts

i hear a few screeching sounds, i thought my headphones got problem till i retry again, got same screeching sounds. sound sounds like mumbling, the sound filter cut off frequency seems too low, high frequency sounds can't hear + screeching sounds
sound filter somewhere got problem.

LxIxVxE

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
i hear a few screeching sounds, i thought my headphones got problem till i retry again, got same screeching sounds. sound sounds like mumbling, the sound filter cut off frequency seems too low, high frequency sounds can't hear + screeching sounds
sound filter somewhere got problem.

so can you upload a high quality recording for T2 Ch5 HD with your set? :s11:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
heres a short clip. notice the sound, kinda like low quality audio streams which you will get from 987fm online
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsquluc0nms6xhq/Ch_5_(HD)-05082014-2030.mts

there are 3 audio streams in the video file, first is acc 5.1 is a bit choppy, second is acc stereo (which i suppose is 2.0 or 2.1), last is eac3 5.1. i've no idea which one cant be heard on TV, but all 3 sounds have the low quality problem

UKWJUiW.png

I only have the choppy problem with the first track. The other 2 tracks are ok though the 3rd one is a little softer in volume.

ongo831

Reaction score
DVB-T2 Singapore

The set-top box can be bought from ebay Singapore. I bought the one stated '2014 New' set-top box and received all the channels and the picture quality is very good. They also provide the hdmi cable as a free gift. The cost is about S$54 and includes express shipping which takes a week to receive it from China. There are a few models listed. The other models I cannot garantee it works. The seller name is Sinhoonline.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
UKWJUiW.png

I only have the choppy problem with the first track. The other 2 tracks are ok though the 3rd one is a little softer in volume.
you dont find the sound quality for all tracks sounded like low quality stream?

listen to this mediacorp 987fm online 987FM

the quality is similar leh

on my tv, the sound is somewhat amplified, making it worse. i've sent the clip to the seller on taobao, he said its normal

petetherock

Reaction score
I have just removed some sales posts.
Further infringements will be rewarded with a ban.
Thanks
Guys
Just a reminder to keep the talk to technical stuff and sharing of sources of STB.
For antennas, there's a separate thread and likewise for settings.
As for sales & MO chats, keep that out of this forum.

Thank you, cheers.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
you dont find the sound quality for all tracks sounded like low quality stream?

listen to this mediacorp 987fm online 987FM

the quality is similar leh

on my tv, the sound is somewhat amplified, making it worse. i've sent the clip to the seller on taobao, he said its normal

Bought the STB from one of the guy here in HWZ and found out that the sound is very thin and without "layers" and it's not solid as well. I don't know how to describe it using words lol. The video is sharp though.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot bro! Now all i need is to go and buy the correct connector head and DIY!
You are most welcome. Actually whether it works or not depends a lot on ambient indoor signal. Good luck!

Edit: If there is any update, please do so at the antenna thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

LauHiLo

Reaction score
According to the specs for my TV (Philips LED TV 46PFL8605) it states that it can receive DVB-C.

So I connect directly from StarHub cable point directly to the TV's antenna in. But I'm unable to receive any digital channels.

I have read in this forum that there are others who are able to receive DVB-C from StarHub cable point.

Any idea why I am not able to receive DVB-C digital channels?

Thanks.

b00mxer

Reaction score
According to the specs for my TV (Philips LED TV 46PFL8605) it states that it can receive DVB-C.

So I connect directly from StarHub cable point directly to the TV's antenna in. But I'm unable to receive any digital channels.

I have read in this forum that there are others who are able to receive DVB-C from StarHub cable point.

Thanks.

Make sure you select the correct settings. Anyway some TV may not meet the same standard as SG signal

sunsetbay

Reaction score

Thanks.

my bro philips 4000 series tv is able to tune to DVB-C~ when select digital tuning, there's DVB-T & DVB-C option, select DVB-C~ it will take quite awhile cos starhub contains few hundred channels~

i can't rembr the actual steps, if there's manual tuning, u can shorten the scanning time~ Ch5, 8, Suria, Vasan, CNA fall on 642Mhz, Okto on 562Mhz while HD5 on 370Mhz~ there's also one KaraOk channel on 594Mhz~ :s22:

tan1688

Reaction score
so can you upload a high quality recording for T2 Ch5 HD with your set? :s11:

Bought the STB from one of the guy here in HWZ and found out that the sound is very thin and without "layers" and it's not solid as well. I don't know how to describe it using words lol. The video is sharp though.

X-men: The last stand, sorry file size 264Mbytes due to 1080HD
proceed download from Mega

hi bro, you got the receiver from me, could you help download the above file and check it out, sounds all right to me. especially the "tommorrow people (2:26)" and "godzilla (2:54)" movie advertisement, sounds similar to dvb-t on another setup.

Last edited:

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score

hi bro, you got the receiver from me, could you help download the above file and check it out, sounds all right to me. especially the "tommorrow people (2:26)" and "godzilla (2:54)" movie advertisement, sounds similar to dvb-t on another setup.
same as mine. 3 audio channels

1) English AAC 48000Hz 5.1 - choppy
2) AAC Stereo - low quality stream
3) EAC 5.1 - same low quality stream, softer volume

kiwi8, can you confirm?

LxIxVxE

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

wow
u really go record a higher quality video when all of us supposed to get the same quality recording :s11:

when a STB records, it dumps all the data of that channel(video track, all audio and subtitle tracks) into a TS file onto the hdd, everything untouched, everyone get the same quality, u wun record in higher quality than anyone else

their input ok
their recording ok too
it's only the decoding part having problem, due to bad decoder/bugs/codec issues
so by asking ppl to test ur recording on their sets will still suffer from the same audio problem
tio boh :s11:

EDIT :
by showing ppl ur recording is perfect (everyone get the same perfect recording) does not mean ur STB playback is also perfect without any audio problem

Last edited:

tan1688

Reaction score
some feedbacks:

1) u really go record a higher quality video when all of us supposed to get the same quality recording :s11:

=> In my personal opinion, I find the recording is of high quality, unless compared to bluray :s13: everyone could download and judge for yourself :D

Your statement on "when all of us supposed to get the same quality recording" is wrong. The "all of us" using different equipments, antenna, types of dvbt2 receiver, firmware, usb storage types, it would not be the same quality.

simple analogy draco person says his does not have e.g sound problems summarizes everything, because on different equipment.

2) when a STB records, it dumps all the data of that channel(video track, all audio and subtitle tracks) into a TS file onto the hdd, everything untouched, everyone get the same quality, u wun record in higher quality than anyone else

=> Wrong, you keep emphasize "everyone get the same quality" is not correct. Dependant on the equipment that each is using and enviroment.

3) their input ok their recording ok too
it's only the decoding part having problem, due to bad decoder/bugs/codec issues
so by asking ppl to test ur recording on their sets will still suffer from the same audio problem
tio boh :s11:

=> do not understand what you saying here, probably can elaborate. I use VLC player to play the recorded mts files, you could download VLC on google play, itunes, etc. The recorded .mts files are also playback on Philips bdp3380K blu ray player, I do not get any audio video problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.