The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More and more fanciful and complicated descriptions. Can someone kindly gpgt what is side quiff vs straight up quiff vs 'Side comb but front comb up fringe nearer to the corner pull back' for my learning? thanks!

Side quiff is when all the fringe is blow side ways with a pomp. What i usually sport

Normal quiff is all hair up and back with pomp.

Side comb is all comb to a side parting and the hair concentrate the one side of the back

Comb back simply all hair to the back.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope you're trolling lmao

Nope I am not. Maybe my explanation wasn't right. I like Elvis Presley's kind of hairstyle. But just that I don't like sides.

Like what gx's hair is when he had it highest, I call that beehive. :s13:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Side quiff is when all the fringe is blow side ways with a pomp. What i usually sport

Normal quiff is all hair up and back with pomp.

Side comb is all comb to a side parting and the hair concentrate the one side of the back

Comb back simply all hair to the back.

Still not very sure side comb vs side quiff wat diff but thanks gx!

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I
Side comb is usually flat without pomp. Haha. The classic Don drapper look!

Ok understand liao. Seldom see ppl comb that. Hair needs to be thin.
Ppl mostly side quiff or straight quiff nowadays which need to be longer n thicker hair i think

dj_flame

Reaction score
Why must know so many terms?

Just take pic to saloon sua.

Im gonna grow out my hair for the next 2 months. Aiming for this.

alex2.jpg

Wish me luck.

strezzor

Reaction score
back with another review for bro leejhong. recently got my hair permed but went for a mild perm just to give it texture. Just so happened my previous wax ran out so I opened 90-degrees wax.

First impressions: Super hard to dig out and super turn-off cos it reminded me of sebastian craft clay which was a bitch to use and a bitch to wash off. However, after digging out a bit of the wax, it went a long way. styling was easy with that little amount. It brought out the curls to the extent that I liked and it gave me a very natural look that I always aim for. +1 for leejhong and his products again!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
back with another review for bro leejhong. recently got my hair permed but went for a mild perm just to give it texture. Just so happened my previous wax ran out so I opened 90-degrees wax.

First impressions: Super hard to dig out and super turn-off cos it reminded me of sebastian craft clay which was a bitch to use and a bitch to wash off. However, after digging out a bit of the wax, it went a long way. styling was easy with that little amount. It brought out the curls to the extent that I liked and it gave me a very natural look that I always aim for. +1 for leejhong and his products again!

Thanks for your kind words, bro. Glad that the 90degrees wax met your expectations. :)

Something to add on. U might find it easier to dig it out if you use the hard part of the fingernails. 90degrees comes as a form of unique wax as it is dry and hard. However, it does not make application hard at all, unlike typical clay. Goes on very easily and u can shape it accordingly without problem. Holding power is decent which is why it goes well with you permed hair as there is already natural volume within. :)

dj_flame

Reaction score
I don't see many people using syoss tu-re but it is actually a very good around product, esp for quiff / undercut styles.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't see many people using syoss tu-re but it is actually a very good around product, esp for quiff / undercut styles.

Most people don't like it coz it is not pliable. It hardens and it does at a relatively fast rate. Hence, some people might experience some problem in using it if they prefer their products to be pliable. But yes, i agree with you that its good for quiff. Simply because the hold itself is amazing.

dj_flame

Reaction score
^Yup syoss hardens. Its the default product used by Clover stylists, and I find that the product pairs well with a blow dryer, hairspray and a modern undercut.

Anyways, I have been using Gold Digger for the past 2 days. Here are the results (paired with OS SSS and PP spray):

04994989-5473-499A-8A71-FA7881F0C204_zps0z2ypkad.jpg~original

A3D19A66-FB4A-4EB7-9445-AD1D4245E77E_zpsfphrr6ka.jpg~original

C93BACA0-E685-4ACB-B187-9B6EBA7B1435_zpsfr21dgen.jpg~original

I'm very impressed with GD, and have to say by far its the best matte/dry wax/clay product I have ever used. Most good waxes/clays with the matte/dry finish, either hardens (like syoss) or remains pliable but loses the hold over a few hours due to our climate (hairbond moulder)

However, GD is both pliable and extreme hold. Insane, I can't even begin to comprehend.

And the icing on the cake is that applied right (e.g. emulsified into palms, distrbuted evenly throughout the entire hair, then styled into place with the fingers), GD really makes your hair look thicker and gives more volume.

I will be buying GD alot more in the future.:D

Can't wait to try Sliverfox, and the new Dynamite Clay and Hair Primer from Sliikhaar too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.