EDMW Knife Collectors

sojourn88

Reaction score
we should all boycott sh|tpost ... I am the 1st to do so ...
dhl or fedex next time...

but then again..how to boyccct them.? some only ship by USPS Priority, which is cheaper than the big time brothers DHL FeDEX. and USPS Priority is monopolised by our world class singpost.

mamba2012

Reaction score
but then again..how to boyccct them.? some only ship by USPS Priority, which is cheaper than the big time brothers DHL FeDEX. and USPS Priority is monopolised by our world class singpost.

Pay the difference for better service, peace of mind and ease of insurance claims, especially so for more expensive purchases. I know I will. :)

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
hello black sheep :D

oh my, I really can't access HWZ now. I keep getting the pop up saying stack overflow :(

anyways, whilst I'm waiting for my mail today, here's something in titanium, collapsible titanium sushi sticks from Steve Kelly :) to enhance your instant noodle experience =:p I just received it and it comes in a nice leather pouch too. Now to learn how to use the chopsticks properly, lol :s13:

WP_000029_zps458e8948.jpg

chengkhi

Reaction score
hello black sheep :D

oh my, I really can't access HWZ now. I keep getting the pop up saying stack overflow :(

anyways, whilst I'm waiting for my mail today, here's something in titanium, collapsible titanium sushi sticks from Steve Kelly :) to enhance your instant noodle experience =:p I just received it and it comes in a nice leather pouch too. Now to learn how to use the chopsticks properly, lol :s13:

WP_000029_zps458e8948.jpg

Will titanium add more flavour to any thing you eat?
Expensive man

sojourn88

Reaction score
anyways, whilst I'm waiting for my mail today, here's something in titanium, collapsible titanium sushi sticks from Steve Kelly :) to enhance your instant noodle experience =:p

collapsible? means screw on type?
i am quite particular for chopsticks actually.. i prefer those with square section morphing to a circular section... than those having circular section all the way...
Weight and weight distribution is important too.

i really hate those stainless steel korean type which are too heavy and having a rectangular section to circular section.

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is this different from wooden chopsticks? At least those can float. This will sink.

There is many reasons for a titanium chopsticks. Like the same reason why we make expensive titanium blades.

In korea for example, people use metal chopstick due to the cold weather. Because metal conduct heat better, the feel of heat traveling to ur hands warms you in sub zero temperature. Using metal chopstick also prevent ur chopsticks from breaking due to sub zero temperature(wooden chopsticks become super brittle in winter).

Using metal most of the time is to prevent breakage. And a wooden chopstick kept in backpack easily break when you throw/drop ur pack on the ground unknowingly. And most hiking utensils are able to "fold" up and easily kept.

Of course there are more reasons but I dun think you would understand.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
ah, my pack axe needs to go...

Alright, time to build up the 'parang' project warchest, so I need to sell some things. I looked in my cupboard and I can't bear to part with anything....so since I'm building a chopper, I guess I will let someone else enjoy this axe.

FOR SALE is a handforged custom axe - an European maker, I actually can't remember his name but he makes good axes and hawks (probably will recall once I wake up). The head is forged, not casted (so it's tougher) has a hammer poll, and is blued (very nice). The edge is sharp, but it can be polished more if you want, just use sandpaper or a stone.

The balance is nice, not too heavy for your backpack or belt carry - this is a pack axe after all, and designed to help you with camp chores - I especially like the hammer poll. It doesn't come with any sheath, but I have made a small leather cover for the sharp edge. Ergos are great, no hot spots in the palm (Granfors Bruks' haft is too big for me).

Haft is seasoned hickory, so it's good stuff (not beautiful in terms of woodgrain but it's strong, stronger than ash, curly maple or the fancy presentation stuff).

Please PM me for price and if you need more details. It won't cost you more than 3 large, and there's no USPS, Singpost, Fedex, UPS, DHL, ICA, A&E or anything you need to bother with =:p

WP_001451_zps32b88409.jpg

WP_001450_zps43193475.jpg

=:p=:p=:p

Last edited:

kaapuii

Reaction score
Benchmade Osborne 960

c98f2308-6bd8-436a-89ca-faf1d9e5cd08_zpsa3944793.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0982_zps890591af.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0979_zps47aab4aa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi guys,

Slowly letting go some of my limited collections.
This is discontinued.
Condition: BNIB.
Steel: S30V
Aluminium Handle with Titianium Spacers
Price: $220 (Cash only)
PM me if interested.

Sonic69

Reaction score
Guys I have an Mtech knife case, Black, that holds 12 folders. I'm lazy to post a photo so just google it and see if you want it. I bought 2 to defray my shipping cost and only used 1. Still brand new in plastic bag. SGD25.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Sure...metal is tougher in cold weather and wood is super brittle. DID YOU JUST PULL THAT OUT OF YOUR ASS? You're in a knife thread, for ****'s sake. Basic metallurgy 101, ever hear of it?

Looks like somebody skipped basic physics in high school.

Here, little boy, read some basic properties about metal before opening your mouth in a grown ups forum

www -dot- chemistryexplained -dot- com/elements/T-Z/Titanium.html

And if there are more reasons, mind enlightening me? Oh wait, you can't cos you're full of **** lol.

Granted you got those facts right, you're being a plain jerk.
Why we take it that you guys won't understand is the our reasons will never seem legit to you. Does using Ti chopsticks as marlin spikes make sense to you? No. Does using Ti chopsticks as kubatons make sense to you? No.

Given those justifications, I don't think that warrants silly mannerism from a presumably grown up man like you.
If you're here to genuinely correct an erroneous concept, we appreciate it. But if you're just correcting us because it makes you a more intelligible being, I scorn thee.

Maybe he did pull that out of his ass, the coefficient of friction for Ti is lower of course. But did you pull your comments out from your ass too, given that they are equally shitty?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.