Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone know where to get the TV/FM wall socket/face plate for HDB MATV at local shop??
How much it cost?

AP00012_700x309.jpg
HDB is repsonsible for the maintenance of HDB wall plate. Call HDB for a free replacement .

Superficially, all the wall plates look the same, but they are not, internally.

If this is for your own extension, check with HDB who are the contractors. They will be able to advise you to get one that fits.

b00mxer

Reaction score
HDB is repsonsible for the maintenance of HDB wall plate. Call HDB for a free replacement .

Superficially, all the wall plates look the same, but they are not, internally.

If this is for your own extension, check with HDB who are the contractors. They will be able to advise you to get one that fits.

I look up to my flat rooftop and realise the matv antenna is chopped off. You think if I call hdb they'll do sth bout it?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
I look up to my flat rooftop and realise the matv antenna is chopped off. You think if I call hdb they'll do sth bout it?
The latest HDB flats do not have roof-top antennae. Old low rise blocks may not have roof-top antennae - the tv signals come from nearby high blocks. A sudden gust of wind may have caused the antennae to collapse.

If the above do not answer your question, by all means call them. They are supposed to serve you.

b00mxer

Reaction score
The latest HDB flats do not have roof-top antennae. Old low rise blocks may not have roof-top antennae - the tv signals come from nearby high blocks. A sudden gust of wind may have caused the antennae to collapse.

If the above do not answer your question, by all means call them. They are supposed to serve you.

I believe they removed and direct all signals to SCV. But strangely other nearby flats still have the antenna. Anyway called them they'll come down to check. But the technician didn't really state clearly about things like charges and stuff. They won't charge me anything right?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe they removed and direct all signals to SCV. But strangely other nearby flats still have the antenna. Anyway called them they'll come down to check. But the technician didn't really state clearly about things like charges and stuff. They won't charge me anything right?
Absolutely free, unlike commercial enterprises:)

Edit: are you able to receive TV2? If so you are still connected to HDB matv.

Last edited:

b00mxer

Reaction score
Absolutely free, unlike commercial enterprises:)

Edit: are you able to receive TV2? If so you are still connected to HDB matv.

Hdb very efficient. Called them like two hours ago now contractor called say he's coming over now. ;)

HeeroYuy84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using LG T2 TV~ sadly the external HDD has to be formatted to their system, making un-readable for windows & mac user. even on linux, the files are encrypted~ :vijayadmin:

so LG can record? how about philips and other brands? possible? :o:o

sunsetbay

Reaction score
so LG can record? how about philips and other brands? possible? :o:o

can record but only can view on the tv itself~ many smart tvs are able to record too~ but for sony one, i can't find the recording feature in Sg models~ any sony users here to confirm~?

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
No charges haha... Maybe they forgot call jem again?
Free as expected...Was there any antennae at the roof top in the first place? Or they disappeared either because they were blown off by the wind or dropped off because of some rusty components? And no T2 signal? Just curious.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
good! :D

did they replace the whole wall socket?
Forgot to tell you that if wall socket needs to be replaced because of fair wear and tear, then it's free of charge. But if it is damaged somehow by users, then you may have to pay, depending on how they exercise the discretion. Anyway even if you have to pay, it will be at term contract rate which means it's cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.