Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowcowtan

Reaction score
To cowcowtan,

Have u considered other brands like Mit/Panasonic which r ard the same price range?

Have not really considered. As currently using fujitsu and am hoping to retain the existing system for the living dining, hence going back to fujitsu would seem more consistent in the house...

I will keep my options open and go look look see see Mit/Panny.

Many thanks for the reply!

cowcowtan

Reaction score
Dear Experts

Another question. One of my compressor has failed whilst the other is still working fine. Would it then make sense to replace the compressor only? I am also told the pass through is faulty. Fujitsu Agent say do not waste time, mine is old model so go for replacement. My current setup is a system 5. If go for replacement, is it best to go for 2 condenser setup?

Such headaches and of all times to break down....

Thanks in advance!

r1verflow

Reaction score
To r1verflow,
Panasonic is quite value for money considering their prices r lower compared to Mit Electric & Daikin.

tks tks! seems really value for money tho but i'm not sure about their quality, any users here can share their experience?

terumo

Reaction score
Then I think replace system better.
If can install 2 outdoor, u go with 2 outdoor.
If not u can get a sys 5.

tanjw369

Reaction score
Dear fellow Air-Con experts, I have a matter needing advice.

I have just placed a 10 percent deposit for All Best Air Con at Tampines Mall yest with Sales-Person, Bernard and he was really helpful,knowledgeable towards our air con choice.

After I confirmed and went back home, I googled and found quite a lot of bad reviews on "All Best" from 2008 to 2011.

I will like to ask if anyone has any recent Air-Con installation done with them and have they improved since then?

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear fellow Air-Con experts, I have a matter needing advice.

I have just placed a 10 percent deposit for All Best Air Con at Tampines Mall yest with Sales-Person, Bernard and he was really helpful,knowledgeable towards our air con choice.

After I confirmed and went back home, I googled and found quite a lot of bad reviews on "All Best" from 2008 to 2011.

I will like to ask if anyone has any recent Air-Con installation done with them and have they improved since then?

There are bad reviews, but there are also people who used them and no issues. Since you already paid the deposits, i think no point changing and forfeit the money.

tanjw369

Reaction score
There are bad reviews, but there are also people who used them and no issues. Since you already paid the deposits, i think no point changing and forfeit the money.

Thanks bro for your kind advice. I agree with you and I have a friend who got 2 sets of system 3 from All Best for her mother's place and as well as her own place at Seng Kang.

She say everything is gd n no complaints.

Maybe it is a case of lottery with them or maybe they have really improved over the years already which I hope is the latter.

tanjw369

Reaction score
Planning to get either the following:

Toshiba System 3: $2999 or Toshiba System 4: $3999
Comes with 1 year all parts coverage and 5 years warranty for compressor.

Top up $300 for System 3 or $350 for System 4: Cover invertor, PCB warranty for 5 years (This I got to check my reciept again as I can't quite remember)

The Toshiba will be in power capacity: 22 for living room, 13 (for master bedroom), 10 for the 2 additional bed rooms. Compressor made in Japan and I think the capacity is 33 BTU.

BTO 4 room flat.

Wonder if this is good enough as Toshiba seems pretty good??

teddy123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After readin thru the reviews and replies, I am stil tinkin of replacing my old and spoilt Mitsubishi casement aircon with another new casement aircon, either Europac and Trends. Not tinkin of installin system or invertor aircon as it wil nid a lot of piping and my hse is 24 yrs old liao, so might be movin out soon.

Anyone use before? Which is better? Trends or Europac? Is it advisable to get fm NTUC or Giant?

:s12::s12:

tanjw369

Reaction score
I will like to sincerely ask if anyone has installed their Air-Con from All Best and how is the state of your air-conditioning now?

Any problems with their service line/air-con servicing or installation of the air-con?

Thanks.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
I was quote Starmax $3150

CU: MSY-3A28VA
FCU:MSY-FE10VA x 3

1/2" ARMAFLEX CLASS 1
16MM drain Pipe

I know price is higher by a little.. Anything else did I miss out?

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Sadboy,

Do you mean CU= MXY-3A28VA and FCU = MSY-GE10VA x 3?

Maybe you could also check the thickness of the copper piping and the brand of wiring used. Also check on what are the warranty covered for both system and workmanship.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

I was quote Starmax $3150

CU: MSY-3A28VA
FCU:MSY-FE10VA x 3

1/2" ARMAFLEX CLASS 1
16MM drain Pipe

I know price is higher by a little.. Anything else did I miss out?

cmotif

Reaction score
Hi experts here,

I have Mitsubishi Starmex 4 indoor units, one compressor.

One indoor unit stopped operating half way, no more power (LEDs not blinking nothing at all). All 3 other units are still working fine. nothing wrong with remote as it can be used on other indoor units.

Any idea what could be wrong before I call the Mitsubishi guy down?

maxxken

Reaction score
Dear all aircon experts,

Currently using Sanyo, planning to get a new set for my 5rm HDB unit, mayb ME sys 3. Will be keeping the existing pipe. Any recommendation and what's the damage? The BTU for the 3 rms will be the same as 9k, or do I need to get a higher one for my MBR??

Anything else that I miss out??

Thanks!:)

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello cmotif,

Chances are the 1 indoor unit is facing a loss of power due to either a PCB fault or wiring fault. Best to have it checked to determine which one is it.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi experts here,

I have Mitsubishi Starmex 4 indoor units, one compressor.

One indoor unit stopped operating half way, no more power (LEDs not blinking nothing at all). All 3 other units are still working fine. nothing wrong with remote as it can be used on other indoor units.

Any idea what could be wrong before I call the Mitsubishi guy down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.