Microsoft Surface

vesfreq

Reaction score
Consider a fujitsu t904 or q704. Both come with much bigger screens and full windows plus big storage and powerful processor which imclude i5 or i7. If not, can look at sony flip series like the 15a though price point wont be lower than ur s2.

md iszaki

Reaction score
I think you should feedback to Surface helpdesk about the issue if the issue couldn be resolve again its time to move on. Can you elaborate more on it, I fear mine might have the same problemo that I overlook.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This problem would only happen when the device is in sleep mode. Once I flipped the type cover, the device will shut down unexpectedly. I also checked the event log, it shows that the shutdown happened when I wake it up. I suspect it might be my type cover 2 causing it.

miragez

Reaction score
This problem would only happen when the device is in sleep mode. Once I flipped the type cover, the device will shut down unexpectedly. I also checked the event log, it shows that the shutdown happened when I wake it up. I suspect it might be my type cover 2 causing it.

Wow this sounds common with regular desktop or laptop as well, problem relate way back into Windows 7. I resolve this by removing alot of USB using usbdeview after checking the event log with responds to a storage device unable to load hence cause the shut down.

You might want to check if windows is waiting for a hotplug such as usb drive or any storage device which is trying to respond to.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually if u google, its not just Microsoft having issue..
I think its an issue with W8 and connected standby
Basically it goes to sleep and has issues waking up

"Sleep" is different from the older "Turn display off"
If your on W8 you can try disabling connected standby. Im not sure if its possible on the RT

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually if u google, its not just Microsoft having issue..
I think its an issue with W8 and connected standby
Basically it goes to sleep and has issues waking up

"Sleep" is different from the older "Turn display off"
If your on W8 you can try disabling connected standby. Im not sure if its possible on the RT

Yes, the Surface 2 will shutdown automatically once I flip the type cover when it's in sleep mode.

I suspect it's my type cover 2 but I can't confirm. This issue is driving me nuts.

Aisyoz

Banned
Reaction score
just bought a surface2 with matt SP and flip cover from SLS today

13979768180_05314862b4.jpg

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just requested a refund for my surface 2, glad that they understood my problem and was willing to refund although it's more than 14 days old. Bye Bros here! :)

zero_fighter

Reaction score
If anyone is selling their Surface 2, 32gb. Do drop me a PM.
It'll be a bonus if the type keyboard is included.
However, I am only looking for one which comes with original receipt and less than 3 weeks old. Thanks.

miragez

Reaction score
seems like surface pro 3 will be out on 20 may

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 rumored for launch this month

From the article it mention either surface mini or surface pro 3 quite interesting... but 2k resolution is over exaggerated, if this is true the next tablet may cost additional 150 to 300 usd...

Just requested a refund for my surface 2, glad that they understood my problem and was willing to refund although it's more than 14 days old. Bye Bros here! :)

Seems like your issues not resolved. Anyone have his issues as well on their tablet ?

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From the article it mention either surface mini or surface pro 3 quite interesting... but 2k resolution is over exaggerated, if this is true the next tablet may cost additional 150 to 300 usd...

Seems like your issues not resolved. Anyone have his issues as well on their tablet ?

The replacement tablet can't be on anymore, the device will power up and off repeatedly. :s11::s11::s11:.

Never send your brand new surface for replacement, you will get back a lemon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.