The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. True $70 may be a bit high afterall, but it's really just a 'budget' and the max I'll go for if the hair I get is consistently nice and I don't see any other better alternatives. (I'm seeing around 30 to 50 generally). I see some nice recommendations here, thanks! :) Anyone knows which place has particular English speaking hairstylists (I can't convey my preferences in other languages) or I don't know, cut the hair based on a picture/model of what I want.

Haarattic?

One of the reasons I stick with them is because they are quite comfortable in English.

nelson7lim

Reaction score
here to do a review on head code hairspray i got from junhong, TPJ.

1) i got to say, the service is really awesome. 2nd time i bought something from him, and both times he gave samples of other product for me to try out.

2) the product itself, served it function as promised. Holds real well throughout the day and stand pretty well against the wind. smell is okay, not too heavy. i have to say, I'm quite impress with it.

3) and i'm quite shocked that junking followed up 1 week later to ask me how's everything. he answers all the questions and clarify things really well.

4) it was money well spent for me. Thank you Junhong.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
here to do a review on head code hairspray i got from junhong, TPJ.

1) i got to say, the service is really awesome. 2nd time i bought something from him, and both times he gave samples of other product for me to try out.

2) the product itself, served it function as promised. Holds real well throughout the day and stand pretty well against the wind. smell is okay, not too heavy. i have to say, I'm quite impress with it.

3) and i'm quite shocked that junking followed up 1 week later to ask me how's everything. he answers all the questions and clarify things really well.

4) it was money well spent for me. Thank you Junhong.

Thanks for your simple and sweet review bro! Yes head code is an extreme control hairspray. Personally, it really performs up to my expectations which is the main reason why i brought it in for people who are looking for such hairsprays. IMO, i will prefer this over OSIS session 3 anytime, hands down. Not because i am selling head code. I used to carry OSIS 3 but the major downside of it is that it makes the hair look "wet". Too "wet" actually.

IAMNOOB

Reaction score
Hey, how do you guys normally style side comb or side quiff? I do have problems making my hair 'stand' using SSS and GD,it seems like everytime i style after awhile it would drop and become flat. Isit not enough spray for SSS ?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, how do you guys normally style side comb or side quiff? I do have problems making my hair 'stand' using SSS and GD,it seems like everytime i style after awhile it would drop and become flat. Isit not enough spray for SSS ?

hair too heavy? use too much GD?
it will def drop and become flat.
try to trim your hair. less weight first.
if not have to use spray to fixate.

happens to everyone. even those yandao in youtube video. lol
gravity la bro. lol.

IAMNOOB

Reaction score
I use less then a finger of GD and i see Slikhaar TV for guideline hair length for some of their hair. but cant really reach that nice :(

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Two things.
1. Use a finishing spray to hold and fix ur hair there in place. This prevents it from collapsing. Many omit this step but it is actually one of the most essential steps to undertake, if u want yr hairstyle to last through the day. Using more SSS will only make yr hair overly dry. The purpose of SSS is to create volume as well as creation of a matte structure such tt ur subsequent styling can be made easier.

2. GD itself is heavy. This does not come in a negative connotation but instead, the next qn to ask is that using GD suits ur hairstyle. If you are wearing side comb or slickback, GD will do fine. Else, u willmost probably be better off cocktailing GD with another product that comes with hold and loghtweight (e.g. vantachi clay). The key is lightweight coz GD is heavy but yet GD gives u the pliability as it functions as a sculpting and setting product IMO. If u are looking at independent, look for lightweight product. U have to know what suits you, and not using the most popular product. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He is definitely using it as the standard style. Wearing as a quiff. Lol. From time to time to time sure will fall flat. Given any product. One due to hair weight, 2nd is gravity. This one all natural cause. Lol. Like what leejhong said, use spray to fixate it. However some people don't like their hair to fix and wants the flexibility to restyle, so they do without the spray. The good thing about Gold digger is that it's pliability is darn good and this allows you to restyle or simply run your fingers thru it to bring the shape or pomp back. I love doing this because it allows me to have different shape whenever I do it. I still feel the wax holding to my hair everytime I try to restyle or regain the pomp which is awesome.

Wax that you want to fixate will be hardening wax but I feel that it wouldn't give your quiff a natural look. Quiff is supposed to look as natural as much as you can achieve doing it. It's not supposed to be harden and looks it's not movable.
But!
Good spray that goes along with Gold digger will be PowerPoint hair spray. Lightweight and holds them tgt.

Sss gives nothing except volume and slight hold of the shape of the hair after blow drying.

Initially I will feel that why Gold digger makes my hair somehow fall flat then I start to restyle and realised that this is the powerful part of Gold digger. Wearing it natural and I can run my fingers thru it and voila! The shape is back
Some other wax doesn't give the pliability of Gold digger.

Like what our yandao say, pairing it with vantachi will be good. Win win! Pliability and lightweight 2 into one. It depends actually. Haha I find myself using both some days and using just Gold digger alone. Haha see my mood.

skyblood

Reaction score
Any 1 have shampoo to recommend for oily and sensitive scalp. Currently using Corium shampoo. Any feedbacks for corium ??

IAMNOOB

Reaction score
He is definitely using it as the standard style. Wearing as a quiff. Lol. From time to time to time sure will fall flat. Given any product. One due to hair weight, 2nd is gravity. This one all natural cause. Lol. Like what leejhong said, use spray to fixate it. However some people don't like their hair to fix and wants the flexibility to restyle, so they do without the spray. The good thing about Gold digger is that it's pliability is darn good and this allows you to restyle or simply run your fingers thru it to bring the shape or pomp back. I love doing this because it allows me to have different shape whenever I do it. I still feel the wax holding to my hair everytime I try to restyle or regain the pomp which is awesome.

Wax that you want to fixate will be hardening wax but I feel that it wouldn't give your quiff a natural look. Quiff is supposed to look as natural as much as you can achieve doing it. It's not supposed to be harden and looks it's not movable.
But!
Good spray that goes along with Gold digger will be PowerPoint hair spray. Lightweight and holds them tgt.

Sss gives nothing except volume and slight hold of the shape of the hair after blow drying.

Initially I will feel that why Gold digger makes my hair somehow fall flat then I start to restyle and realised that this is the powerful part of Gold digger. Wearing it natural and I can run my fingers thru it and voila! The shape is back
Some other wax doesn't give the pliability of Gold digger.

Like what our yandao say, pairing it with vantachi will be good. Win win! Pliability and lightweight 2 into one. It depends actually. Haha I find myself using both some days and using just Gold digger alone. Haha see my mood.

Two things.
1. Use a finishing spray to hold and fix ur hair there in place. This prevents it from collapsing. Many omit this step but it is actually one of the most essential steps to undertake, if u want yr hairstyle to last through the day. Using more SSS will only make yr hair overly dry. The purpose of SSS is to create volume as well as creation of a matte structure such tt ur subsequent styling can be made easier.

2. GD itself is heavy. This does not come in a negative connotation but instead, the next qn to ask is that using GD suits ur hairstyle. If you are wearing side comb or slickback, GD will do fine. Else, u willmost probably be better off cocktailing GD with another product that comes with hold and loghtweight (e.g. vantachi clay). The key is lightweight coz GD is heavy but yet GD gives u the pliability as it functions as a sculpting and setting product IMO. If u are looking at independent, look for lightweight product. U have to know what suits you, and not using the most popular product. :)

I'll go try mixing with other wax and see how it goes. Thanks alot for the information :)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hair too heavy? use too much GD?
it will def drop and become flat.
try to trim your hair. less weight first.
if not have to use spray to fixate.

happens to everyone. even those yandao in youtube video. lol
gravity la bro. lol.

I passed a small container of SF and the GD sample that JH passed back then. He sms me back said he's currently speaking with the boss of his salon to bring in the product. He will let me know if everything goes well. He said the problem is pricing because they have budget for all these hair accessories.

Passed him the FB link but he sms me back say all in English. He cannot really understand. :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I passed a small container of SF and the GD sample that JH passed back then. He sms me back said he's currently speaking with the boss of his salon to bring in the product. He will let me know if everything goes well. He said the problem is pricing because they have budget for all these hair accessories.

Passed him the FB link but he sms me back say all in English. He cannot really understand. :s13:

What? JB ah? Ask him contact me la. I do distributer.

Bro don't allow people bring in so many la. Later affect me :(

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What? JB ah? Ask him contact me la. I do distributer.

Bro don't allow people bring in so many la. Later affect me :(

My hairstylist in JB. He say he speak with his boss see whether wanna change all to SF and GD.

You now official distro for SG liao? :s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.