Microsoft Surface

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received another email from them that they would like to send another replacement. But I specifically told them I want refund. They seems so despo.

miragez

Reaction score
The replacement tablet can't be on anymore, the device will power up and off repeatedly. :s11::s11::s11:.

Never send your brand new surface for replacement, you will get back a lemon.

This is really bad, is this the third party JBL services in singapore which was supposed to handle surface products or is it directly send from microsoft ?

Just received another email from them that they would like to send another replacement. But I specifically told them I want refund. They seems so despo.

I think they want your money than the spoiled device... thinking thatyou will not know... of anything related to IT. Hence they think its safe.

QFT.
Sent a functioning device to them, device came back semi-functioning.

I wonder what is refurbished set ? Aren't they supposed to be fixed and tested for a period of time before delivery or do they just fixed and test for short period... Either of that if they done it... must be a noob handling this quality control seriously. First no SF Pro 2 in SG nvm.... import in.... worst support provided it's like USE AT OWN RISK.

Their service center sucks compared to apple. I call helpdesk and got ****

Microsoft might still be in their restructuring phase... due to recent new CEO takes place... it's like that are focusing on the mobile section... but forget that the tablet is also part of the mobile section...

I spent almost 1 hour to get to the right department for refund, i sincerely hope other bros here do not end up like me.:(

Fierce but congratz for your refund approval, mind sharing which department so that others here can spend less time searching it ?

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To get refund, call ms sg at 8008523543, ext 1,5,1. Call directly to their billing department. Never call their technical support team or surface team. They will transfer your call to other countries Microsoft and transfer you to other department and then finally request you call back same number at 8008523543 again, quite good in playing taichi.

I managed to get refund from the billing department but they did not mention any specific action to return that piece of lousy surface.

I learnt my lesson, always buy something that has physical stores.

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score

That is... not my experience for Apple products. The Apple Online store has very generous return policies - I've been able to return even Smart Covers / Cases before without a lot of questions, but of course within the 14-day window.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To get refund, call ms sg at 8008523543, ext 1,5,1. Call directly to their billing department. Never call their technical support team or surface team. They will transfer your call to other countries Microsoft and transfer you to other department and then finally request you call back same number at 8008523543 again, quite good in playing taichi.

I managed to get refund from the billing department but they did not mention any specific action to return that piece of lousy surface.

most physical stores return policy are only 7 days. u get a problem past that, it's back to dealing with the agent.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are we getting the SP2 locally or is Microsoft just teasing us? You decide.

ncgxoo.jpg

mikengtw

Reaction score

ncgxoo.jpg

From the image show look more likely it will come but it matter of question when?
I suspect it might release both at the same time with other brands like Lenovo and
Acer also going to release their own tablets model.

For me I give up already this MS good at teasing us so much I am tired of it..now wait
and see who arrived here SG first..

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most physical stores return policy are only 7 days. u get a problem past that, it's back to dealing with the agent.

My issue had past 14 days because I sent it for replacement on the 7th day. Unfortunately, the replacement isn't functioning too.

As for the sp2, you may also notice that sp2 specs are alr stated in s2 page. I noticed this long ago. I think they uploaded the same website from US Microsoft Store. Not surprised.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score

ncgxoo.jpg

From the image show look more likely it will come but it matter of question when?
I suspect it might release both at the same time with other brands like Lenovo and
Acer also going to release their own tablets model.

For me I give up already this MS good at teasing us so much I am tired of it..now wait
and see who arrived here SG first..

gonna announce sp3 on 20th May...and now tease sg market with sp2?

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just have this feeling when SP Pro 3 is coming.... SG going to receive SP Pro 2... kinda annoying treating us like a dump yard...

I am ok if they do this. But the pricing had better be right. Don't expect us to pay SP3 pricing for SP2 though.

naktae

Reaction score
Hi guys need your input and feedback.

Do you think it make sense to buy a extended warranty for Surface 2?

Mainly my concern are on the wear n tear of the battery and screen's crack when drop.

miragez

Reaction score
Hi guys need your input and feedback.

Do you think it make sense to buy a extended warranty for Surface 2?

Mainly my concern are on the wear n tear of the battery and screen's crack when drop.

Eh after all you will get a refurbish unit, and wear and tear of battery do they warrant for that long ? Most device I know of battery warranty 1 year only. As this is within the tablet field unlike laptops.

I can only say try to be a little careful and do not drop it... as screen crack due to drop... do they warrant as well ? It will be cool if they warranty but if their warranty does not cover your accidental drop then you really in big trouble.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I received another email regarding the confirmation on my refund and they will be crediting to me in 7 days. But the billing department did not mentioned about the return of goods. I called them Ytd to check but I was told to call their Microsoft Store to arrange return. But I was transfered to Microsoft Store US. They're damn dumb.

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surface pro promotion too good. Now they want to run surface pro 2 same promo in sg to clear stock? Haha!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.