Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoxozone

Reaction score
Anybody try the buying option via SCB online Trading ?

I have tried ... Usually will you plc the "BID Price" or a price of your own preference ?

If i think it will reachs my price,i will place n queue it early n see how. If the bid price is the entry price i'm comfortable with then i will bid it or just modify the price from my exisitng order anytime for that day.

xoxozone

Reaction score
Got to say it's been great using the online account to purchase U.S etf but recently I'm exploring at buying a few singapore stocks with the online platform and will like to check on the following:

- Do we own the stocks or does SC acts as a custodian e.g. annual report and voting rights
- We still have to adhere to minimum 1 lot 1000 stocks right?
- Any hidden fees for SC handling our yield/dividends?

Thanks

- your shares are with the custodian. Not under your CDP. No AGM whatsoever.
- there are a few stocks that offer 100 too like Nikko AM STI ETF, Singtel 100 etc...
- no hidden fees. Those fees are seen at the point pf placing your order. Dividends are paid fairly to your securities settlement acc usually 1 day later than those under CDP.

iwaniwan

Reaction score
If i think it will reachs my price,i will place n queue it early n see how. If the bid price is the entry price i'm comfortable with then i will bid it or just modify the price from my exisitng order anytime for that day.

Tks for sharing .......

lcornwisky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got to say it's been great using the online account to purchase U.S etf but recently I'm exploring at buying a few singapore stocks with the online platform and will like to check on the following:

- Do we own the stocks or does SC acts as a custodian e.g. annual report and voting rights
- We still have to adhere to minimum 1 lot 1000 stocks right?
- Any hidden fees for SC handling our yield/dividends?

Thanks

if you wanna trade US etfs, might as well jus go with an online broker u can use saxo..

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saxo is cfd??

Saxo does the whole box and dice - cash equities, CFDs, futures, &c &c &c.

Though I don't know why lcornwisky thinks Stanchart isn't an "online broker" - they're 100% online, no trading reps or remisiers or anything useless like that.

lcornwisky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saxo does the whole box and dice - cash equities, CFDs, futures, &c &c &c.

Though I don't know why lcornwisky thinks Stanchart isn't an "online broker" - they're 100% online, no trading reps or remisiers or anything useless like that.

actually i have their service to trade sg shares, but haven got the time to really explore

anyway i do not really bother about the medium be it phillip capital, cimb, dbs vickers or overseas brokers

as long as im making money...im cool

however one thing is for sure that overseas brokers are cheaper

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
just to check, anyone having problems logging in to the online trading platform today? i'm overseas, so didn't want to waste $$ calling the CS team. thanks!

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to check, anyone having problems logging in to the online trading platform today? i'm overseas, so didn't want to waste $$ calling the CS team. thanks!

no problem for me. i just managed to make a transaction today.

dreamyxq

Reaction score
hey guys, new investor for stocks here.. I want to create a new SCB trading account but I'm faced with a problem..

In order to create the account, I need to go through this "Customer Account Review (CAR)", and it requires me to either
- hold a financial related diploma
- hold a financial related qualification
- have work experience in investment related field
- transacted (invested) at least 6 times

I meet none of the above, and how would I have been able to "transact" 6 times if I cannot even create my trading account? What are the other ways to "transact" or invest?

xoxozone

Reaction score
Not possible to fake the first 3 requirements, but if I fake the 6 transactions, will they find out? I mean, do they require "proof of transaction" in order to open the account?

They can't check.. Just fake it and they don't even know..
I faked my 6 transactions and it went smoothly.

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sinkie said SCB's low commission and no min commission is only promotion period and subject to change. is this true? Anyone can verify that?

sandwich

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not possible to fake the first 3 requirements, but if I fake the 6 transactions, will they find out? I mean, do they require "proof of transaction" in order to open the account?

imma gonna try soon. Just say u like to buy singtel, m1, starhub and once in awhile buy some fct, cmt. :D:o

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you are like asking when will the market crash.
asking when the market will crash and asking about SCB's service are 2 very different questions. i dont see how these 2 questions are like each other.

If you do not know the answer just say that you do not know.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
asking when the market will crash and asking about SCB's service are 2 very different questions. i dont see how these 2 questions are like each other.

If you do not know the answer just say that you do not know.

both are related because both are stupid questions. we dont know when the market is going to crash and when the SCB fees are going to rise

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.