Microsoft Surface

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
that would be a superb price... but but... we can wish...

it it really happens, I might buy one more sp2 lol

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To put a positive spin on this, Microsoft may just totally skip the SP2 and give us the SP3.

Or just give us the SP2 but at a discounted price.

I think the size of the current SP2 is perfect. Perhaps they can shrink the bezel a little to accomodate a larger display (11") and yet keep the tablet to the same dimensions.

I might be reaching but perhaps one of the reasons why MS hasn't launched the SP2 here is because they did not want to undercut or eat into their partners sales (DELL, Lenovo, etc).

Last edited:
Reaction score
is it a discouragement to you guys that the battery is non-removable and if any component conks off after a year, its 1k+ gone?

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it a discouragement to you guys that the battery is non-removable and if any component conks off after a year, its 1k+ gone?

By the time the battery dies, one should be about ready for an upgrade. As for a component/s conking out, local warranty is important.

Vincent_G

Reaction score
that would be a superb price... but but... we can wish...

it it really happens, I might buy one more sp2 lol
I think it's better they just skip SP2, and just release SP3.. Based on rumor, it seems to be 12" screen with less bezel, but bigger and thinner. 10" screen is bit too small to use as work device..

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
12" is too big for a tablet for me, unless MS can work some magic by shrinking the bezel on the current SP2 and expanding the dimensions by just a wee bit.

but all this could just be nothing is the SP3 or whatever the new device is never sees the light of day here.

RequiemDK

Reaction score
12" is too big for a tablet for me, unless MS can work some magic by shrinking the bezel on the current SP2 and expanding the dimensions by just a wee bit.

but all this could just be nothing is the SP3 or whatever the new device is never sees the light of day here.

12 inch tablets serve a very different purpose from 10 inchers leh. I've been using an Asus Eee Slate for work for years because that extra real estate is essential for the pen work that I do daily. The Surface Pro that I use trades that off for portability, funny as that sounds to people who might be used to iPads.

The way I see it is this - 12 inchers are for professional grade stylus-based work, 8 inchers are for mobile content consumption and maybe lightweight productivity. 10 inchers can serve both purposes but will excel at neither. But having said that, I lent a colleague my Surface Pro once and she ended up buying a Surface Pro for herself right after that... that's how awesome that thing is for my work. :s13: Unfortunately for MS, none of us really see the need to upgrade the Surface Pro. The short battery life is still more than enough for our use :s13:

I do wish there'll be more shops importing the SP3 though... the urge to upgrade isn't a need but an itch :(:vijayadmin:

kuro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hopefully SP3 will be 12"

its useful for those who needs to do presentation and need the capability of wacom pen for signing too. with its i5 processor is a big welcome too. try loading a few PDF on intel atom or those mobility chips. big headache.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surface Pro 3 launched.

9.1mm thin.

Faster than SP2.

12" 2160x1440 Screen.

3 by 2 display.

800grams

Core i7.

Longer battery life than SP2.

Docking station to push display out to 4K screen.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.