Microsoft Surface

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will get SP3 if only it allows 3rd party apps. waiting for it. Chrome is impt for me.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
gonna stick with my sp2.
can live with the 100gms difference and thickness difference.
if they release the power cover here would be great.
finds the 12" too big for me already, even before using sp, my ultrabook was only 11".

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It runs full windows 8.1 pro, so you can install any applications like you do on your desktop.

that will sound good... but.........

"The Surface Pro 3 goes on sale on Wednesday, starting at $799. There are three versions -- an Intel Core i3, Intel Core i5, and Intel Core i7. The starting price is for the Intel Core i3.Customers who want an Intel Core i5 will need to dish out $999 to $1,299, depending on storage and RAM. The Intel Core i7 goes up to $1,949 for 512GB of storage and 8GB of onboard RAM." and its in USD... :s22::s22::s22:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

"The Surface Pro 3 goes on sale on Wednesday, starting at $799. There are three versions -- an Intel Core i3, Intel Core i5, and Intel Core i7. The starting price is for the Intel Core i3.Customers who want an Intel Core i5 will need to dish out $999 to $1,299, depending on storage and RAM. The Intel Core i7 goes up to $1,949 for 512GB of storage and 8GB of onboard RAM." and its in USD... :s22::s22::s22:

They forgotten to include, For Singapore, NAH SP2 is for you!!!!

blaster1102

Reaction score
"Beginning June 20 in Canada and the United States, customers can visit Microsoftstore.com, Microsoft retail stores, select third-party retailers and commercial resellers to purchase Intel® Core™ i5 Surface Pro 3 and select accessories. Additional configurations will become available during August, and additional accessories will be available in the next few months.

By the end of August, Surface Pro 3 and select new accessories will become available for purchase in 26 additional markets, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom."

Microsoft introduces Surface Pro 3: the tablet that can replace your laptop

For those wondering why sp2 took so long, i guess this is your reason....

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The CEO did mention that they were not competing with their oems. just trying to create a new class of products.

Sweet looking device.

Coming to Singapore in 2020. :s13::s13:

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They forgotten to include, For Singapore, NAH SP2 is for you!!!!

i doubt its gonna drive the SP2 price down. mayb Surface 2 will be cheaper. lol.. I was looking at it actually. With the MS Ofiice included, perfect for me till i found out the Chrome cannot be installed. Tht kills my decision to buy... lol.. basically, i use a lot of the addons in Chrome for me to write my reports n essays. Without tht, its very tedious for me to do citations n ****.

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The CEO did mention that they were not competing with their oems. just trying to create a new class of products.

Sweet looking device.

Coming to Singapore in 2020. :s13::s13:

Its sweet no doubt. something refreshing. but the price is too steep for people to jump to a new platform altogether...

will be waiting for the full specs before i make a decision...

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i doubt its gonna drive the SP2 price down. mayb Surface 2 will be cheaper. lol.. I was looking at it actually. With the MS Ofiice included, perfect for me till i found out the Chrome cannot be installed. Tht kills my decision to buy... lol.. basically, i use a lot of the addons in Chrome for me to write my reports n essays. Without tht, its very tedious for me to do citations n ****.

HENG AH!! I gotten my refund from this handicapped tablet!

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to WPCentral, Microsoft will offer the Surface Pro 3, which is believed to be a larger device with a 12-inch screen, in the following configurations:

Core i3, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage - $799
Core i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB storage - $999
Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB storage - $1,299
Core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB storage - $1,549
Core i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB storage - $1,949

My eyes went O.O

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its sweet no doubt. something refreshing. but the price is too steep for people to jump to a new platform altogether...

will be waiting for the full specs before i make a decision...

If they launch this here tomorrow, I'm getting one. Was holding off on the SP2 purchase from overseas.

ain't gonna happen though. It's Microsoft Singapore afterall.

Last edited:

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they launch this here tomorrow, I'm getting one. Was holding off on the SP2 purchase from overseas.

ain't gonna happen though. It's Microsoft Singapore afterall.

unless u know ppl inside MS Sg, if not, its near to impossible to get ur hands on it till August

and i wonder will it drive netbook prices down further?

Last edited:

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
unless u know ppl inside MS Sg, if not, its near to impossible to get ur hands on it till August

and i wonder will it drive netbook prices down further?

it was a big and impossible "if".

I don't know if this competes with netbooks.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the end of August, Surface Pro 3 and select new accessories will become available for purchase in 26 additional markets, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom.

Microsoft introduces Surface Pro 3: the tablet that can replace your laptop

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it was a big and impossible "if".

I don't know if this competes with netbooks.

the general mass market do not think like us. The lack of full tablet capabilities like games, apps, games, apps and craps and full notebook capabilities like gaming, craps and more craps will make ppl look away from it.

i think MS will lose market share again. On the surface, this product looks promising in the hands of techies. But when it flows down to the mass market, thats where u will see what people really wants.

No doubt, MS is gonna market like a device in its own brand new class. But how many people can actually accept it?

U let someone choose between a SP3 and an notebook of the same price. What will people choose? or u let someone choose between a iPad and SP3. What will people choose?

However, this will be a very cheap replacement for companies or new start-ups. Once again, microsoft is shunning the mass market ans concentrating on the B2B market

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.