Microsoft Surface

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just bought this case at SLS for my surface2 . it was the best purchase made. The edges fit perfectly.

13979768180_05314862b4.jpg

side view
14101457548_00f19e17ea_n.jpg

another side view
14287592924_582e09edae_n.jpg

camera opening
14101549777_5d4c1809f5_m.jpg

bottom view for cover keyboard connection
14286092792_6e47a35998_z.jpg

14264979056_ffaf222068_n.jpg

was there case for pro 2 as well?

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got pro2 case as well. the shop is on the 6th floor near the escalator, cant remember the shop name
the shopkeeper is ****.

thanks, nevermind the shop, as long as 6th floor, i'll just do some wlking around. ;)

Chips

Reaction score
battery life for pro 3 doesn't seem to be fantastic. Rated to be up to 9 hours but seen quite a few reviewers only getting like 6 hours before it conks out.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
battery life for pro 3 doesn't seem to be fantastic. Rated to be up to 9 hours but seen quite a few reviewers only getting like 6 hours before it conks out.

I also read a review where it died at about 4.5 hours. IMO, a portable device should aim for about 6 hours of battery life.

Unless Microsoft can release a patch to improve the SP3 battery life, they'd be better off calling it a home tablet.

I am rethinking my preorder decision.

RequiemDK

Reaction score
I also read a review where it died at about 4.5 hours. IMO, a portable device should aim for about 6 hours of battery life.

Unless Microsoft can release a patch to improve the SP3 battery life, they'd be better off calling it a home tablet.

I am rethinking my preorder decision.

There're also reviews claiming the 9 hours is accurate. Apparently there's a software issue with power management of the SP3 on some units that cause the thing to die at around the 50% mark and MS is aware of it.

Gotta remember that something like that happened with the SP2 as well - the wifi driver for that thing prevented it from entering a lower power state, and once that bug was fixed, it added about 20-25% more batt life to the SP2...

Chips

Reaction score
There're also reviews claiming the 9 hours is accurate. Apparently there's a software issue with power management of the SP3 on some units that cause the thing to die at around the 50% mark and MS is aware of it.

Gotta remember that something like that happened with the SP2 as well - the wifi driver for that thing prevented it from entering a lower power state, and once that bug was fixed, it added about 20-25% more batt life to the SP2...

Hopefully thats true because Macbook Air has 9 to 12 hours of battery life and iPad has 10 hours. If SP3 get only 4-6 hours it will be super disappointing.

RequiemDK

Reaction score
Hopefully thats true because Macbook Air has 9 to 12 hours of battery life and iPad has 10 hours. If SP3 get only 4-6 hours it will be super disappointing.

The SP2 already gets more than that. I doubt battery life is something that MS will allow to decrease in going from generation to generation. Heh

miragez

Reaction score
The SP2 already gets more than that. I doubt battery life is something that MS will allow to decrease in going from generation to generation. Heh

I agree, but how long would they need to take to fix this when they are busy trying to launch newer version of windows, secondly would they do a good trial run on their battery with a good set of scenario to see the source of the problem.

RequiemDK

Reaction score
This article is a very good read.

Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 will flop: here's why | TechRadar

Btw, I'm not here to bash the Surface. In fact, I'm thinking of getting one. I just think this article is a good read for anyone considering getting the Pro 3.

Generally I avoid reading anything by "journalists" who don't do research on a device and its intended users first. This means that any article that compares a Surface Pro or Galaxy Note type of tablet to an iPad, or fails to properly evaluate the digitizer, gets blacklisted and I'll avoid anything from that journalist ever again. This is one of those articles.

Last edited:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Most likely cannot due to 8.1. U tell me which portable 8.1 other than atom can hit 8hrs?

miragez

Reaction score
This article is a very good read.

Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 will flop: here's why | TechRadar

Btw, I'm not here to bash the Surface. In fact, I'm thinking of getting one. I just think this article is a good read for anyone considering getting the Pro 3.

I understand your point of view as an information heads-up for those do know much about the eco-system between Windows and OS X /IOS. The reason for me in wanting this is much of a greater needs.

Laptop I haver several for serious work and project. But if there's a device which can allow me to compact things a little further, it will drive me towards it as I need an ultra book, as I do not have one currently. If this device can help achieve a 12 inch ultrabook I would be very happy.

The need for it is there, the demand for work is even greater than need. SP Pro 3 so far for now seems to stablize in terms of product design and system. I would not want to compare the Windows Store, I have long given up. As long as windows 8 still can function as a Windows, enable me to install essential components for work and project. I will take it.

Ultrabook, with a touch screen.... is even more expensive than SP Pro 3 for the asus series I mean.

expositox

Reaction score
Guys is it possible that my Surface is rusting?? Barely a year old, still under warranty.
5jcLkd4.jpg

zE7GgtP.jpg

Bumps are appearing on the sides of the device, the back is fine. The bumps are part of the metal, cannot scrape them off. Surface has never been in contact with any weird chemicals and I carry it around in a laptop sleeve. Do you think Microsoft will trade a new one or is it rusting due to me, the user's, fault?

Aisyoz

Banned
Reaction score
Guys is it possible that my Surface is rusting?? Barely a year old, still under warranty.

[n the sides of the device, the back is fine. The bumps are part of the metal, cannot scrape them off. Surface has never been in contact with any weird chemicals and I carry it around in a laptop sleeve. Do you think Microsoft will trade a new one or is it rusting due to me, the user's, fault?

you can try contact microsoft support , pls update the outcome later . tks

Contact Microsoft Assisted Support for Surface

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.