Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexliz7

Reaction score
hi all,
just stumble upon this thread in HWZ.
so it Terumo the person to ask for quote?
I want to replace my old sys 3 air con for my HDB.
Mine is not concealed piping.
I am looking at budget brand.
recently notice that the brand Midea is quite cheap for their inverter series.

Terumo or anyone can give me some quotes?

Hi
Saw an ad that Kimura Aircon having Road Show at the East from 30th to 1st June.
Prices seems attractive, with voucher and free gift and extended warranty. Very tempting must say. Looks reliable to me.
Maybe can go and see see.. If good buy lor..

dust

Reaction score
Looking for system2

Hi,

Also facing aircon problems like many of you and looking for a reasonably priced system 2 with good energy consumption. budget $2k.
Any recommendations from the gurus here?

J

Reaction score
Hi,

Gain city has quoted me for the following:

$4700
MXY4A28VA
MSYGE26VA
MSYGE10VA x 3

Add-ons:
Upgrade to 1/2" insulation
Upgrade to G22 copper pipe
2-trip installation
All Armaflex class 1
Premium extended warranty - unlimited repair for 5 years

Is the price reasonable? If not how much would something like this be expected to cost? TIA

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To 11514145208,
Have to consider the extended warranty.
Any terms or conditions?

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just realized I havent serviced, cleaning or even chemical cleaning for almost 2 years already.

Is my aircon going to uplorry faster?

Any good recommended cleaning provider that is good for value? Thanks! :)

Jazz15RS

Reaction score
Guys...is it true if to go for system 4... 3 rms + 1 dining room...need change the power rating thing? If so, how much do we need to pay?

and also..how much is starmex retailing at for system 4?

terumo

Reaction score
To Jazz15RS,

A 15amp power point will be enough for sys 4 inverter.

Sys 4 for 3 rooms & 1 hall should be ard high $3k to low $4k range.

terumo

Reaction score
To 11514145208,

If every parts is covered including labour & transport & materials & parts.
Then its ok.

But need any servicing contract for the warrabty to be valid?

Jenjovstan

Reaction score
I just realized I havent serviced, cleaning or even chemical cleaning for almost 2 years already.

Is my aircon going to uplorry faster?

Any good recommended cleaning provider that is good for value? Thanks! :)

Hi Mikezuper, u may want to call Stanley from Eighteen Degree at 97972647. His price is reasonable.

Jocelyn.y

Reaction score
Midea 9A5?

Hi guys

Am going to purchase a system 3 inverter. How is Midea - anyone with experience? Please share :)

Thanks!

whywhy85

Reaction score
Hi all,

was quoted 2370 for MXY2E20/MSYGE10VA x 2 c/w stainless steel bracket

G23 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, upgrade to ½ thick Class O thermaflex for indoor gas pipe unit and Class 1 black rubber insuflex for outdoor gas pipe unit, Singapore Keystone cable, 16mm pvc pipe and pvc trunking

worth it ?

Last edited:

BrotherHong

Reaction score
My 3 years old Panasonic Inverter CS-S9KKZW has been a constant nightmare. This is my first time using Panasonic and Inverter air-conditioning unit. It is a 18,000 BTU, 2 split system unit.

1. Need help with Panasonic? Need to call them? Check out their website Panasonic Singapore and try to find their contact number. It cannot be found. There is no Contact Us on the main page. You gotta keep clicking in their product until you finally see the Contact Us icon. Salvation finally? NO. Click on it and it leads you back to their main page.

2. You need to clean it almost every 3 months professionally (not taking out the filters to wash), or it won't be cold. You start to feel that 24degree isn't as cold, and you have to get the same temp at 23degree, then all the way till 21degree for the same coldness. I had never use an air-con that need to be clean so often.

Is this a Panansonic issue or Inverter issue or e-ion issue? No one has an answer, just speculations through experiences.

3. The freaking warranty is only for 1 year. Even a table fan has 1 year. But $2000 over dollars of air con system only 1 year?

4. It a 2 split system. 1 unit is rarely use in the past 3 years (maybe a few times a month), 1 is used daily. Now I got an error code H36 "Outdoor gas pipe thermistor error". I google it and found quite a number of problem with this gas pipe and gas leak problem with Panansonic models.

5. This is a common problem. Repairs and services. $40 for labour and $20 for transport. A minimum of $60 charge. Then it is subjected to their 3rd party contract to diagnose the problem. If tell you this gotta change and that gotta change. You LL pay for each part additionally.

6. The earliest repair appointment is 8 days later. The call centre person still can say proudly that they are fully booked until next week. So I questioned, your air-con consumers are having so much problems that you are book for a week on repairs? She still got the cheek to ask 'Yes'.

So to all prospective buyers, the decision is yours. A more reliable brand name is more important than fancy features and design. Most ppl don't use the new features, and even if they do, they feel minimum difference. You wouldn't want electronics in your home (new or not) to keep breaking down one by one, or have a lifespan only equivalent to its warranty.

recca3650

Reaction score
Mitsubishi starmex :)

went to gaincity this evening. sales recommend heavy industries instead. $3049 for system 3, comes with 5 years essential warranty.
wondering if this price is reasonable.
can anyone advise on this?
also, is there any mall / credit card with promotion? hoping to maximise benefits for this big item purchase.

Kt2010

Reaction score
Looking for self cleaning, ions, anti fungus or mould type inverter

hi,

Searching for a System 3 inverter with the following functions

1) self cleaning , ie understand this means after powering off will run fan mode to dry up FCU
2) ions , eg plasma cluster, negative ions etc to stop nasties from dust and virus
3) anti mould and fungs features coatings or filters etc
4) PM 2.5 filters if any that really works

anyone have experience with the various brands Toshiba, Mit, Sharp or Panasonic please share experience if these features really work and which feature is a must have ?

I was thinking maybe the self cleaning one is a good one to have but the highly recommended brand here Mit Inverter doesnt seem to have this feature.

Anyone bought Toshiba Sharp and Panasonic ? any thoughts positive or negative etc

thanks

Jazz15RS

Reaction score
To Jazz15RS,

A 15amp power point will be enough for sys 4 inverter.

Sys 4 for 3 rooms & 1 hall should be ard high $3k to low $4k range.

Hey hey..thanks..to change to 15amp power pt..how much is it..i am looking at starmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.