[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score

Yup, pretty much just taking Vit D and krill oil these days :D

Read that Vitamin D3 taken in excess may cause hardening of arterial walls due to more calcium present in the blood(coronary calcification).

The solution would be to take Vitamin K2 together with D3 to 'reverse' the process of calcification inside the arterial walls.

More info:

VITAMIN D: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

VITAMIN K: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read that Vitamin D3 taken in excess may cause hardening of arterial walls due to more calcium present in the blood(coronary calcification).

The solution would be to take Vitamin K2 together with D3 to 'reverse' the process of calcification inside the arterial walls.

More info:

VITAMIN D: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

VITAMIN K: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

My other supplement vits are k2 and b complex.

Anyway in excess quite vague one.

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
My other supplement vits are k2 and b complex.

Anyway in excess quite vague one.

Yeah. The RDA for vitamin D(~600IU for adult) is actually very low compared to what we actually need. The exact figure should be around 1000IU per 25 pounds for a healthy adult. The best is to do blood test to know exactly how much vitamin D we need.

I have not started on vit D and K yet. Maybe start off with 5000IU given that the healthy origins D3 is so cheap in iherb atm.

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
I shared on the iherb thread but forgot to share it here =:p

More info can be found in the link below.

Was tinkering with the idea of making my own supplements out of turmeric, cinnamon etc so i went ahead to get this

capsule_machine.jpg

THE CAPSULE MACHINE | Capsule Connection

Works just as advertised. Pretty easy and straightforward to use. Only downside for this is the cost of shipping from US(~20usd). Other than that, it is one of the best capsule maker around in terms of ease of usage, price and durability.

Off topic - Just moments ago I wanted something cold so I blended my usual bulletproof coffee(coffee, butter, vco) with ice. Bad move. Totally forgotten that vco is solid below 24DC(thanks to sg's weather always being so warm:s8:) I ended up with a slush that was hard to swallow:(

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I shared on the iherb thread but forgot to share it here =:p

More info can be found in the link below.

Off topic - Just moments ago I wanted something cold so I blended my usual bulletproof coffee(coffee, butter, vco) with ice. Bad move. Totally forgotten that vco is solid below 24DC(thanks to sg's weather always being so warm:s8:) I ended up with a slush that was hard to swallow:(

I did that too. Hahahah. Learn something new that day.

lengbebe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can bring me along? :s34:

Go find the egg tart shop at Lyndhurst Terrace - it's the former governor's Patton favourite...hahah

Tai Cheong Bakery 泰昌餅家
G/F, 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central
中環擺花街35號地下

nothing special leh:crazy:

moi hk friend also highly recommended these egg tarts:crazy:

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Last day on paleo :( moi going to stuff my face with egg tarts for 6 days....can cry and laugh at the same time

Can bring me along? :s34:

Go find the egg tart shop at Lyndhurst Terrace - it's the former governor's Patton favourite...hahah

Tai Cheong Bakery 泰昌餅家
G/F, 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central
中環擺花街35號地下

nothing special leh:crazy:

moi hk friend also highly recommended these egg tarts:crazy:

If you happen to go to Macau as well, you can try the famous Portuguese Egg Tarts from Lord Stow. Personally, I enjoy the filling but I dislike their choice of pastry. If they can combine normal egg tart pastry with their filling, I would imagine it to be the perfect egg tart :D

Eien_kisu

Reaction score

hahahah... i made chili paste with evco then i store in fridge =.= same thing happened, it harden very hard to scoop. luckily use for cooking only so just dump into frying pan.

yours can just add hot water and reblend. anw, does it taste sour because of coconut oil?

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
hahahah... i made chili paste with evco then i store in fridge =.= same thing happened, it harden very hard to scoop. luckily use for cooking only so just dump into frying pan.

yours can just add hot water and reblend. anw, does it taste sour because of coconut oil?

I believe the sour taste comes from the coffee and not vco. I used nutiva(before) and healthy origin's vco(now) and both are not sour.

Is yours turning rancid!? :eek:

blahblah_blacksheep

Reaction score
If you happen to go to Macau as well, you can try the famous Portuguese Egg Tarts from Lord Stow. Personally, I enjoy the filling but I dislike their choice of pastry. If they can combine normal egg tart pastry with their filling, I would imagine it to be the perfect egg tart :D
Yes yes! Me will be going Macau for one day too :D

Intending to hunt down lord stow and gobble away

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't understand some part
LCHF don't encourages fried stuff right?
Means fried chicken etc is no.
No sweet/sugary
Means char siew also cannot?:(

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't understand some part
LCHF don't encourages fried stuff right?
Means fried chicken etc is no.
No sweet/sugary
Means char siew also cannot?:(

Why not? You can fried a whole chicken in lard. But that's a waste of lard.

No char siew eat sio bak lor.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.