Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are keen in joining any of our makan session, scroll down to check out the current outings. Else, feel free to browse the pictures from the previous outings by clicking on the below link (in Red).

qnOYV.gif

Past Makan Sessions

Pictures posted here are gathered from various members who uploaded them to their own pictures hosting websites, so you may experience pictures not loading due to various reasons like bandwidth exceeded, or the files get deleted etc...

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
July 2014

Kushi Japanese Dining Bar (Open)
Japanese Buffet Lunch

Date: 12th July 2014 (Saturday)
Time: 11.30am - 2.30pm
Price: S$44.90++ (Classic) or S$64.90++ (Premium)

Take note, there are 2 buffet prices here and if we differ from the choice the others made, we will be forced to sit at different tables since there will be no mixing. Example, Classic buffet will sit at one table and Premium in another table. Please indicate which buffet you will like to have below.

I will stop at a maximum of 8 persons based on first come first serve basis. If you decided to join the outing, please PM me your contact number.

Participants :-
1. twtan (Premium)
2. Beta_Tester (Premium)
3. duriand24 (Premium)
4. DEATHANGELX (Premium)

5. samba fan (Premium)
6. Clay Pot (Premium)
7. jgyy1990 (Premium)

Legend
- Newly added
Open - This outing is open for members to join.
Closed - Outing ended or number of participants reached.
Postponed - Waiting for a confirm date or a future outing.

Last edited:

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure why it became Part 3, anyway I changed it to reflect Part 6.

lohkinwah

Reaction score
Shall admit that i'm lazy to search through..

I'm looking for a weekend buffet dinner, around $50 per adult, all in. any recommendations? tried buffet town, still my choice for now. but wanna try others

thanks in advance

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
same, looking for international buffet with serving of oysters, sashimi and crabs..

greatmole

Reaction score
Seafood Dinner Buffet @ Checkers Brasserie, Hilton Hotel 1 for 1 is what promo ?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shall admit that i'm lazy to search through..

I'm looking for a weekend buffet dinner, around $50 per adult, all in. any recommendations? tried buffet town, still my choice for now. but wanna try others

thanks in advance

Straits Cafe bah haha

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Straits Cafe doesn't even have a good spread... I like the ambience though.

Like lohkinwah above, I am still looking for a suitable place too... :(

lohkinwah

Reaction score
Straits Cafe doesn't even have a good spread... I like the ambience though.

Like lohkinwah above, I am still looking for a suitable place too... :(

I was still planning to go to Straits Cafe. Always walked past in and beo the people eating happily. maybe I shall stick with Buffet town.

btw, anybody tried buffet CITY? at tanjong pagar cc. halal. no gst. if pay online, another 10% discount.

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
I was still planning to go to Straits Cafe. Always walked past in and beo the people eating happily. maybe I shall stick with Buffet town.

btw, anybody tried buffet CITY? at tanjong pagar cc. halal. no gst. if pay online, another 10% discount.

Food expert Leng be be and Kahlan advise not to try . 不是人吃的

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Buffet town is even worse. I still don't get why people like it and why there is always quite a queue. Maybe the quality has returned... but when I last went there, it was horrible. I think it was Father's Day and the food spread was nonexistent. The counters and space were there but the food was invisible. You have to specifically request for the food to be made visible. The oysters were even worse - they gave them out like precious candies and it was impossible to get any (not an issue for me since I don't eat oysters). So, it's quite an objective review. Oh, the coffee was nice. :s8:

Then again, I have friends who love that place... :s22:

But yeah, try Straits Cafe. It's worth a try. Personally I don't mind revisiting it or most places... but when I bring my parents out, I try to give them a good spread so this place is out. (But alas, I have small pockets so finding places is always an issue :()

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Marriott, Triple Three or Lime for buffet lunch? Using UOB voucher to claim

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buffet town is even worse. I still don't get why people like it and why there is always quite a queue. Maybe the quality has returned... but when I last .... for me since I don't eat oysters). So, it's quite an objective review. Oh, the coffee was nice. :s8:

Then again, I have friends who love that place... :s22:

But yeah, try Straits Cafe. It's worth a try. Personally I don't mind revisiting it or most places... but when I bring my parents out, I try to give them a good spread so this place is out. (But alas, I have small pockets so finding places is always an issue :()

Buffet Town actually has a large spread, n certain items not bad. Since i have only been there for weekday lunches, there were no issues with food availability n such. Just that their dinner n weekend pricing not attractive, so i did not try.

Straits cafe was good. But last visit was disappointing. Slow replenishment of food, including the durian paste. Nicer items changed to something else after 1 or 2 refills ... mini crab legs ...

Wats your budget?

Food expert Leng be be and Kahlan advise not to try . 不是人吃的

They were selling vouchers at 1 time. Saw the menu and it was yucks. For non hotel buffets, places like buffet town, 1 kitchen n momiji are still safer bets. Sakura n tat place in central also okay.

Marriott, Triple Three or Lime for buffet lunch? Using UOB voucher to claim

Marriott's lunch is decent. 333 only went for dinner. Did not try lime b4, but saw their spread twice. Very small. Dun feel like eating.

Last edited:

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buffet Town actually has a large spread, n certain items not bad. Since i have only been there for weekday lunches, there were no issues with food availability n such. Just that their dinner n weekend pricing not attractive, so i did not try.

Straits cafe was good. But last visit was disappointing. Slow replenishment of food, including the durian paste. Nicer items changed to something else after 1 or 2 refills ... mini crab legs ...

Wats your budget?

They were selling vouchers at 1 time. Saw the menu and it was yucks. For non hotel buffets, places like buffet town, 1 kitchen n momiji are still safer bets. Sakura n tat place in central also okay.

I suggest 333. Did not try lime b4, but saw their spread twice. Very small. Dun feel like eating.
I went to buffet town as there was a raving review on Straits Times then... but I ended up disappointed. Since you guys like the spread and I didn't, I can only guess there is no quality (quantity) control.

Budget is around $50 nett lor... small pockets here. :(
(Still looking for a suitable place with ambience and good spread.)

Tried 1 kitchen, momiji and Sakura already. Not sure what "tat place in central" refers to...

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to buffet town as there was a raving review on Straits Times then... but I ended up disappointed. Since you guys like the spread and I didn't, I can only guess there is no quality (quantity) control.

Budget is around $50 nett lor... small pockets here. :(
(Still looking for a suitable place with ambience and good spread.)

Tried 1 kitchen, momiji and Sakura already. Not sure what "tat place in central" refers to...

You dun like the food, or there is no food for you to eat? :s13: Anyways, taste for food is subjective. One man's meat is another man's poison.

Hmmm, for weekday dinner? I'm actually surprised you prefer square > indulge, ambience wise. For indulge, its actually quite nice if you sit at the 'open area' between the restuarant n the bar. Its airy n bordering the waterfall feature, not to mention you can get live singing during dinner times from the bar next door. I likie.

Oh, i actually referring to Kiseki. Sorry, old man, lousy memory.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fresh durians from part of the local heritage buffet dinner @ Cafe Brio, Grand Copthorne Waterfront.

Mostly sweet ... lucky its not monotonously sweet as there are hints of other favours ... some got a bit alcoholic taste, so it keeps things interesting :s13:
DQJv7IU.jpg

2/6
8DbvaVm.jpg

It is still mostly sweet though, so if you're looking for the more premium breeds like MSW, KOK etc, then go for the RWS durian buffet instead.
Avgk3r9.jpg

Aftermath of my durian spree ... tomorrow sure will get breakout :(
qw89Xqf.jpg

BURP!!!!

PS: I will highly recommend going on Fri or Sat instead as dinners on those day feature a bigger spread, including a grill stn. Else their normal day dinner spread is so so nia.

Last edited:

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You dun like the food, or there is no food for you to eat? :s13: Anyways, taste for food is subjective. One man's meat is another man's poison.

Hmmm, for weekday dinner? I'm actually surprised you prefer square > indulge, ambience wise. For indulge, its actually quite nice if you sit at the 'open area' between the restuarant n the bar. Its airy n bordering the waterfall feature, not to mention you can get live singing during dinner times from the bar next door. I likie.

Oh, i actually referring to Kiseki. Sorry, old man, lousy memory.

It's the range - I don't eat a lot but I like seeing a lot of variety - my parents too...

I like Kiseki too - one of my parents' favorites - but they don't go repeats. :s12:
Indulge got ambience meh? And I don't like open areas generally... Also, maybe that day when I went, happened to have a wedding thingy there. The place was not reserved but many diners were part of some wedding function. :s22:

The variety of breads was not bad. I remember starting with them. :s13:

@Square: Maybe because I managed to get sofa seats both times. I love the ambience. My parents actually love the spread there though I thought it was just ok. But they like then I happy...

Looking for Father's Day...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.