Xiaomi's Routers!

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Setting up this router is easy only if you understand Chinese.
Pros
- Wireless strength for me is very good liao. Can reach 10meters away with 3 thick wall speedtest DL is 25mbps and upload is abt 4mbps using 2.4GHz
- File transfer is easy as well download the apps, open apps click and copy.
- The mobile apps also very easy to use.
- When the router restart u still have your wireless connection up but just can't access internet until the router successfully reboot / stablize.

Cons:
- Now only SSID die die 1 Meaning 2.4Ghz is 1 SSID and 5Ghz is 1 SSID, U cannot have more SSID liao.
- HDD works but think got bug, I have successfully transfer about 6.75gb file wireless to this router in about 30mins but the internet die on me. Need to restart the router. To have internet back.
- Apps works for mobile but not on my mac. Tried using the apps to download movie with the free VIP pass download halfway internet dc liao. I suspect dc of internet is due to huge file transferring Xiaomi engineers please verify if my initial finding is correct.

Only have all these at the moment. No time to play liao. But i suspect the router will on and off dc from internet lol cause I have alot of photos to backup.

Btw is it can't be 100mbps. I did a speed test using Ethernet cable speed went up to 150mbps :s42:

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your mio tv a device like Mibox right? Should be possible. My chromecast works without problem.

grynove

Reaction score
the firwmare based on openwrt. wonder if we can just flash the openwrt vanila version. instead of xiaomi openwrt. it will be a solid router. mod with 3 x 9dbi ext antenna

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ScreenShot2014-06-12at222700.png

ScreenShot2014-06-12at223536.png

Can any expert tell me is it consider fast for 5Ghz wifi band? I really donno if it is consider good or average.

etherealism

Reaction score
Generally, copying speeds to router-connected devices will be way slower than the routing throughput.. so u cant use that as a testbed for 5ghz wireless speeds.

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so conclusion to use with mio is ONT->singtel router-> mio tv
-> xiaomi router

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is a very promising router but the development by smart engineer is :s22: the intelligent scene is a good feature but wtf turn off router for 6hrs but the router itself wont power up after 6hrs. Should be putting router to standby mah.

zenify.me

Reaction score
Need to test the actually throughput of the router...my TL-WR1043ND also gigabit but WAN to LAN throughput cannot reach my fibre 200Mbps.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The same with Engenius ESR9850, capping at 150Mbps.

Need to test the actually throughput of the router...my TL-WR1043ND also gigabit but WAN to LAN throughput cannot reach my fibre 200Mbps.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.