Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperFitFran

Reaction score
Single unit... hmm, do ur outdoor unit require bracket? If need think $800-$900 can get with bracket exclude power point.
Whatever you do, Mitsubishi Electric brand is bad . Bought unit 4 weeks ago, and spoilt 3 times already- every week once. Also got no contact email on website. Have to fill in form and when i hit 'send' button, never send. Email on service form got bounce back. Walau- bad product, worse service. Don't buy.

SuperFitFran

Reaction score
Hi Terumo, will be looking at a/c for 4 rooms in Punggol. My new house will arrive somewhere end of this year. My plan was to get System 4. Here are my questions.

1) Which brand is better ? I seen alot and talk to people at expo. They recommend Mitsubishi Electric ones.

2) For typical Punggol 4 room flat (90 Sqm) with System 4 a/c, is it good to have additional small compressor or just get a big compressor ?

3) What would be the ideal cost of System 4 ? Went to many Expo and Gain City. Saw the price around S$3.8k ~ S$4.1k..

Aircon noob here.
People say Panasonic. My Mitsubishi Electric aircon break down three times in last 4 weeks. After purchase Service also useless.

SuperFitFran

Reaction score
just order with the dealer terumo recommended.. Mitsubishi system 3 @ $2850, but need to wait for the person to come down to check is there any additional cost.. hopefully it will turn out well
Don't buy Mitsubishi Electric. I'm sitting down seating. New aircon broke down 3 times in 4 weeks. After sales service useless... No direct email address on website.

axileon

Reaction score
charging for quotation

hi,

i called one of the air con installation companies(Atmosphere aircon) for a quote. they said they are unable to give me and have to come down on site to see before giving me the quote. and its chargeable at $60. however, the $60 will be waived if i do the installation with them. is this a common practice for such charging of quote?

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
People say Panasonic. My Mitsubishi Electric aircon break down three times in last 4 weeks. After purchase Service also useless.
Hmm, which is good ? Hard choice. I know there are 2 Mitsubishi brands. One is Mitsubishi Electric and the other one is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

xiaoheng

Reaction score
hi bros here i recently i wanted to install a single inverter air con unit but feel damm blur but i hav a few selected model that i found on gain city website but wonder which is better?

-PANASONIC CUS9PKZ $1349

-MITSUBISHI HEAVY SRC10YLS $1399

-MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC MUYGE10VA $1419

thx in adv!

ian123

Reaction score
To ian123,
4c40 have 1 spare wire coil as fan coil need 3 coil only.
Keystone & Taisin will be a better brand then other brands.

Any idea if 3c70 wiring is better for fancoil to condenser? Or is this an overkill?

Aircon installer mentioned the fourth wire in 4c40 is a control wire, any idea what does control wire mean?

aceone10

Reaction score
hi,

i called one of the air con installation companies(Atmosphere aircon) for a quote. they said they are unable to give me and have to come down on site to see before giving me the quote. and its chargeable at $60. however, the $60 will be waived if i do the installation with them. is this a common practice for such charging of quote?

Try getting another company to quote to see if this company is trying to do a quick chop over consumer.

terumo

Reaction score
To xiaoheng,

Single system not so exp. I tink ~$1k should be able to get for HDB.
Pana or Mit is good.

To ian123,
The 4c40. Actually is 1 for live, 1 for netural, 1 for control. The 4th is a spare.
Cos the copper piping between the blower & the outdoor unit acts as an earthing element.

Last edited:

xiaoheng

Reaction score
To xiaoheng,

Single system not so exp. I tink ~$1k should be able to get for HDB.
Pana or Mit is good.

ar ic thx but is there any place to recommend? cos i only know gain city and courts others not sure which is gd...

Oryzaa

Reaction score
I was quoted 2400nett for ME sys 2 (uses same installation materials as gaincity), powerpoint $120. - Is this ok?

or

ME system 2 (only) @ $1300 + installation ($950) + powerpoint $220 - this supposedly says he uses better materials, by which he means G22 copper and armaflex, the rest same as supplier 1. Is the thicker copper and armaflex really necessary?

which is a better deal?

lazy999

Reaction score
Hi Terumo,

Check with you, i wan to replace my existing system 4 aircon. One aircon contractor told me that my existing flat is old flat. Electric supply not upgraded. Maximum we can get is 25000 btu compressor, so if all room on, its about 6000 btu per room.

Is it true? How to check whether my flat can support how many btu compressor?

terumo

Reaction score
To Oryzaa,

$2.4k for sys 2 is a bit overpriced.
Unless u r using upgraded materials.

To lazy999,
Google for hdb electrical loading, can check by postal code.

terumo

Reaction score
To axileon,

Best is view 1st to avoid contractor imposing additional cost on you due to site conditions later on.

Doraemon70

Reaction score
Some noob questions abt Btu

Just installed a MIT sys 3
MXY3A28vaR7 outdoor unit
MSYGE10VAR2 x 3 fancoil
For example if each fancoil is running 9000btu. How do we know physically for example is there any prints on the fancoil says 9000btu?

Thanks.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Doraemon70,

Some labels on certain brands will not show 9000BTU on it.
Usually the model number is tagged to represent the BTU just like for the case of ME (Mitsubishi Electric) MSY-GE10VA whereby the 10 represents the 9000BTU series.

Some labels on the fan coil will show cooling capacity of 2.5kW which converted to BTU you use 2.5kW to multiply by 3412.142 which converts to 8530.35BTU which rounds up to Approx 9000BTU

Whereas in the case of Daikin system, they use kW in the representation of BTU in their model number for example FTKS25DVM translates to 2.5kW which also converts to Approx 9000BTU.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Some noob questions abt Btu

Just installed a MIT sys 3
MXY3A28vaR7 outdoor unit
MSYGE10VAR2 x 3 fancoil
For example if each fancoil is running 9000btu. How do we know physically for example is there any prints on the fancoil says 9000btu?

Thanks.

Doraemon70

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Jason

Hello Doraemon70,

Some labels on certain brands will not show 9000BTU on it.
Usually the model number is tagged to represent the BTU just like for the case of ME (Mitsubishi Electric) MSY-GE10VA whereby the 10 represents the 9000BTU series.

Some labels on the fan coil will show cooling capacity of 2.5kW which converted to BTU you use 2.5kW to multiply by 3412.142 which converts to 8530.35BTU which rounds up to Approx 9000BTU

Whereas in the case of Daikin system, they use kW in the representation of BTU in their model number for example FTKS25DVM translates to 2.5kW which also converts to Approx 9000BTU.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

VideoOne2

Reaction score
I need some advice from aircon expert here.

I want to replace my current multi-split 2 with multi-split 3 inverter unit.

two rooms are side by side while the new 3rd room is about 25ft away.

I spoke to an aircon installer company and he does not recommend to use multi-split 3 unit.

Instead he recommend me to get a multi-split2 and another stand alone unit for the 3rd room. My hdb flat is more than 20yrs old.

Can any expert please give me your view?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.