Microsoft Surface

Aisyoz

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys

I wonder where can i send my newly bought surface 2 for repair. I just bought it from the recently PC show at expo from harvey norman last week and now it doesnt turn on.

Any helpful advise for me? Thanks in advance!

did you drop the set
cos if there is any cosmetic defects, microsoft will reject all repairs

echoblue

Reaction score
If not an obvious customer fault, by all means, send it back to Harvey Norman for a brand new replacement now before the 1-1 exchange grace period is over. Make sure you inspect and test the new set.

Hi guys

I wonder where can i send my newly bought surface 2 for repair. I just bought it from the recently PC show at expo from harvey norman last week and now it doesnt turn on.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
guys, with the 128gb model, i'll have 90++gb left right?

just taking up MS Office suite and Photoshop, how many gb do you think it will take for these 2 only?
I have around 50gb left on my 128gb Pro2.

Taking into account I have the following installed.
1. MS Office 2013 Standard
2. PhotoShop CS5
3. Visual Studio 2013 Pro
4. Visual Studio 2008 Pro
5. SQL Management Studio 2014

Plus a few scraps here and there.

naktae

Reaction score
Hi guys

Hi lakenchin,

I have encountered this problem before. I have read that this is becos the surface went into "deep sleep". U can try to press and hold the power button for 10 sec then release the power button and press and hold the power button again and hold for another 10 sec. This might work!

Reaction score
I have around 50gb left on my 128gb Pro2.

Taking into account I have the following installed.
1. MS Office 2013 Standard
2. PhotoShop CS5
3. Visual Studio 2013 Pro
4. Visual Studio 2008 Pro
5. SQL Management Studio 2014

Plus a few scraps here and there.

Thank you,that helped a lot!

sebastlim11

Reaction score
Guys, I have a first gen surface rt. I got it for less than a year. But I hardly use, and I think the battery is dead.

It charges fast to 99% but upon plug out it shut down and show the plug sign:(
Any idea how much is the replacement cost by microsodt Singapore??

echoblue

Reaction score
If less than 1 year, request a warranty claim at Microsoft SG website

Guys, I have a first gen surface rt. I got it for less than a year. But I hardly use, and I think the battery is dead.

It charges fast to 99% but upon plug out it shut down and show the plug sign:(
Any idea how much is the replacement cost by microsodt Singapore??

tspurs

Reaction score
singapore... go click student offers

That is good news.

Are retailers likely to provide bundles (e.g. SP + cover discounts) in August that would be more attractive than the 10% student discount? Did they have such bundles when SP1 was introduced last time?

expositox

Reaction score
Update on my rusted surface... Jabil will be collecting my Surface then THEY will determine if they FEEL like replacing my Surface or not, otherwise I'd have to pay 250. Microsoft has no hand in that decision.
If Jabil really doesn't replace for free, I think from then on I'll swear off Msft products. I did not make my Surface rust on purpose, it's their alloy that sucks.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Update on my rusted surface... Jabil will be collecting my Surface then THEY will determine if they FEEL like replacing my Surface or not, otherwise I'd have to pay 250. Microsoft has no hand in that decision.
If Jabil really doesn't replace for free, I think from then on I'll swear off Msft products. I did not make my Surface rust on purpose, it's their alloy that sucks.

What's Jabil?

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone pre-ordered the surface pro 3?
Do we need to pay the full amount up front or just deposit?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.