Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Amaterasu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah Tan, how is the current Kushi compared to the one at Windsor ? Any dip in standards ?

I'm still pretty sore about them removing the items to put it in their premium menu at a higher price.

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm going to square this Saturday. Anything must die die cannot miss, and try?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm going to square this Saturday. Anything must die die cannot miss, and try?

Salmon sashimi got fatty belly, just need to be selective. If run out, just wait for refill.

Their spread keep changing, dun really have signature items, but I find most of their food not bad.

They should have steamed fish. Sometimes a bit over cooked, but it's fresh n the sauce is good.

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
Salmon sashimi got fatty belly, just need to be selective. If run out, just wait for refill.

Their spread keep changing, dun really have signature items, but I find most of their food not bad.

They should have steamed fish. Sometimes a bit over cooked, but it's fresh n the sauce is good.

Thanks! Will keep a look out

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all the experts.. thinking of gg for wkend lunch buffet.. in your view greenhouse or pan pacific orchard 10 at claymore nicer? sadly for lunch both dun have oyster and lobster..

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all the experts.. thinking of gg for wkend lunch buffet.. in your view greenhouse or pan pacific orchard 10 at claymore nicer? sadly for lunch both dun have oyster and lobster..

Imo, without doubt greenhouse's lunch better, cos its pricier too.

If you want oysters n lobsters, why not go for sunday brunch? A lot of them have oysters n lobsters.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imo, without doubt greenhouse's lunch better, cos its pricier too.

If you want oysters n lobsters, why not go for sunday brunch? A lot of them have oysters n lobsters.

ya.. pricier, greenhouse is ard 61++ and pan pac is 42++.. but in term of quality or variety is greenhouse also better? know that greenhouse is famous for its seafood but since the main star lobster and oyster is not on the lunch menu so is the other dishes decent?.. its a family gathering so sat everyone is available..:D

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah Tan, how is the current Kushi compared to the one at Windsor ? Any dip in standards ?

I'm still pretty sore about them removing the items to put it in their premium menu at a higher price.

Food standard maintained but the dining environment much better now. What items they moved to premium?

jgyy1990

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone else keen? So far got 3 pax. I'll be buying another voucher for carey later, so i can get for another else keen.

On top of steamboat buffet, they serving snow crab legs, durian paste, laksa n salmon sashimi. Chef Choo is the former exec chef of Straits Cafe, Rendezvous Hotel. So hopefully, the durian paste will be abt the same std as tat of Straits Cafe :D

It will be a Mon to Thu weekday dinner, as restricted by the voucher, during the 1st or 2nd week of Jul. Will prolly start from 6.30pm onwards. Voucher price is $24.80 nett.
DEAL Exclusive! Celebrity Chef Fatty Choo’s Snow Crab + Steamboat Buffet from $16.80 Onwards – Feast on Snow Crabs + Salmon Sashimi + Tiger Prawns + Over 80 Exciting Range of Buffet Menu (4 Soup Broths to Choose From)

Hey can I join too?

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
Just returned from Marriot @ Tangs yesterday.

Ambience : 8 / 10 (depend on where you are sitting. Mine was behind Java +)

Food : 9 / 10 (best variety, and quality imho)

Service : 7 / 10 (waiter not in sight most of the time, dont know where they go. In need of refilling drinks ^^)

I know it is going to be lengthy here, but please bear with me. I will cut to the chase as much as I can, but at the same time, not leaving out any important information.

The seafood section has got Oysters (Australia), Boston Lobsters (Australia), snow crab leg, crayfish and prawns. I helped myself with 4 whole lobsters (8 pieces) and they were good and fresh. Female and male lobsters are available, just do your picking. My personal preference goes to the male lobster. The one without the red colour roe. The meat taste sweeter. Oysters were kind of small, but fresh as well. Sous chef Benny walked me through the cafe before I started filling up my plate fast, with the food.

Next dish to look out for is the veil tongue and also the beef cheek. Stew to perfection for the latter. "Melt" in your mouth. For veil tongue, it is soft. And obviously, the flavour profile was good. You get a bit of charred taste but without the burnt.

The carving station was somewhat a let down. I wasn't at all fascinated but the texture of the roast beef nor the pork knuckle. Both were slightly tougher to my liking.

I particularly love their pasta station , especially with the chef's special squid ink spaghetti. Yes, thats right, the sauce is Not on the menu. But the squid ink spagh is. So You just got to request for that special sauce. Tasty 10/10 !

Dessert corner was a let down. If Sou Chef Benny didnt tell me it was MOUSSE, i was wondering what the heck the pile of white cream are. Especially after several scooping, it look ultra disgusting. I never call food disgusting because i respect them, but for this one - you probably ought to see it yourself.

Cakes were sub-par. Ice cream so-so. (Pan Pac's EDGE has got better one, especially the pistachio flavour - Kahlan remember?)

Salad counter was great. Lots of condiments and sauces for you to mix around. Only thing is the cortons. "Lao-hong". Spoke to Sou Chef Benny again, and had it changed.

skip the noodle section because stomach couldn't take it any much more, having extra 3 pieces of lobster mid-way during the buffet. I couldn't help but picked the male ones again, because the sweetness in the meat is so much to be desired.

the chicken rice was a tad sweet. not sure why, but i can attest that this isnt the right flavour for a proper hainanese chicken rice.

Strategy for you to take on the buffet :

I strong suggest going for the cooked food section first. Taste the beef cheek, veil's tongue, then hop on for some special pasta (small portion).

Then proceed with the lobster , oyster , sashimi , crayfish.

Then hop to the soup section. Minestrone soup (tasty and flavourful).

Then rest awhile.

Then continue with the seafood attack.

If you are a meat lover, at least give a try on the knuckle and the roast beef. It might be to your liking.

Then go mix some salad to drown down those oily cuts, in association with some green tea.

Then continue your final half with similar seafood attack before going for the dessert, which I actually felt that, you can give it a miss, if you want to.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Marriott serves movenpick ice cream leh - so bad meh? Or are you are another cremo fan? :s34:

Usually the roast section is roast pork loin - that one is better cos it's juicer than pork knuckle...

Think you meant veal tongue =:p

Overall, Marriott is still one of my favourites to go bah

Usually never try the noodles or pasta :o

Oh ya, don't sit behind the Java+ area - the waiters are usually found on the side facing the Chinese cooked food =:p

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
Heard the standard went down after they shifted to Orchard Central. When they were still at Heeren, their lunch was value for money.

really bad, overcrowded and the quality of snow crab legs paled in comparison to kuishinbo. the food wasn't that amazing anw.

looking forward to my planned trip of kushi next mth ~! :s13:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i am not mistaken, they are serving the pork saddle ... it looks a bit like knuckle. For that, you need to ask for the portion at the top with the skin. Otherwise, they might cut you those large meaty slices, which can be a tad dry.

Loved their veal tongue. I must go again now tat its back! Their beef cheeks a bit inconsistent, but even at its worse, its still not bad. Once in a while though, i get those tat are charred n slightly crispy on the outside, while still juicy n tender on the inside. Now those are really sedap!

You can actually ask them to grill the chilled seafood. I normally get mine done with butter/garlic n chilli flakes. Oysters n salmon sashimi i also asked them to grill b4 :D

Yea, their pasta not bad ... but i din know that they have 'special sauce' :eek: Gonna try ask for it on my next trip.

For desserts, i also dun quite like. That disgusting pile of cream is aptly named the eton mess :s13: Only things i go for are the ones with macadamia nuts as well as the date pudding.

Their chick rice nice wor. It was never sweet ... unless you drizzle the thick black sauce over it. Also like their chilli.

Just returned from Marriot @ Tangs yesterday.

the chicken rice was a tad sweet. not sure why, but i can attest that this isnt the right flavour for a proper hainanese chicken rice.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.