[Official cycling thread]

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
I just bought a mtb from a well known shop in sg. will not reveal yet.

I waited a day for the bike to be "built" because they have no new stock of my size at the shop. But something is fishy. My new bike came with parts all very dusty, inside the bolts and nuts, etc. even the rotor has some kind of corrosion or tanish of some kind. When i check the reciept, the items listed were a new frame purchase and another complete bike purchase. 2 different serial number.

Can i suspect that the shop uses the parts form the display bike at the shop and fitted it onto a new frame and sold it to me as a brand new bike?

when we buy a new bike is it normally only 1 serial number of a complete bike on the receipt?

Thanks

in any case should not have corosion, rusty. you shouldnt accept the bike. which dealer

SiltronicSamsung

Reaction score
Hi,

Riding Giant ATX860 & Giant XTC team.

Currently Staying Kovan.

Anyone cycling slack ride can also drop me a msg (92211302)

regards
Nicholas

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cycling experts, wanna find out what are the pros n cons of commuting to n fro work using foldies

I.e mrt don't allow or bus don't allow n stuff

Any experience to share??

ah_tay

Reaction score
Getting a new bike

Hi,
Anyone know which LBS to get a good deal for Giant XTC? What is the market price now? Thanks.

Jonas.T

Reaction score
8Litre Portable Car Wash Kit

Hi to all Cyclist,

I'll like to introduce you the 8Litre Portable Car Wash Kit which can aid you in cleaning your bike with its mist and power spray.

Flow Rate: 0.6L/min
Pressure at Nozzle: 0.25MPa
Spray Lenght: 7-8m

You can view my thread and contact me @ 91879476 for more information or pictures.

This product is on the shelves of Esso, Giant, NTUC

albatross078

Reaction score
sian... all north east and east side of island lately, since the ghim moh market ride, very long dun have west side area ride already

wolvie77

Reaction score
Hi! i am interested in buying a used or brand new light weight foldable bike. For commuting in buses & mrt then ride in parks around Singapore. Therefore the folded size must adhere to mrt & bus standards. budget is $100 - $200. Need advice what brands or any website that i can browse.

albatross078

Reaction score
Hi! i am interested in buying a used or brand new light weight foldable bike. For commuting in buses & mrt then ride in parks around Singapore. Therefore the folded size must adhere to mrt & bus standards. budget is $100 - $200. Need advice what brands or any website that i can browse.

Aleoca foldable bikes from any super market chain , its around the price of your budget

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, im quite interested in cycling, since i cant run due to a knee problem, doc advised me to swim or cycle for effective exercise,

can anyone guide me in this area?

thanks

poorboii

Master Member
Reaction score
LovecyclingSG (LCSG) Facebook for update of the ride event.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/lovecyclingsg

Note: If bad weather, ride will be cancelled.
Brekky will be at Punggol Park(makan place)
Pls obey traffic rules. Do not beat red lights.
This is a leisure ride event.
Public event. Self Invite and share with your friends.

26th Oct 2014 LCSG visit Punggol Waterway PCN
Time: 8:00 am
Meeting place: Punggol MRT station taxi stand area
Speed: super slow and steady. Can chat and ride.
Distance: Est 15 km
Terrain: 90% PCN and 10% road(punggol Slope)
Ride details: Punggol waterway>> Punggol End Jetty>> Punggol Park(makan place) >> loop back via Lor BuangKok (last kampong) >> Punggol Eng Jetty and do the iconic Punggol slope >> Punggol MRT.

LCSG ride terms and conditions applies. Please ride safe.
Please kindly read the LCSG ride safety notes.
Safety is in your own hands. Let's have a correct safety mindset and watch for our own safety and others.
Some points to note:
Do not overtake the ride leader. Please abide by the requests of safety riders and help to sound out any given warnings/instructions.
Please comply with all traffic regulations at all times.
When riding on the road or in confined spaces, cycle in single file.
Do not let wheels overlap
Do not overtake from the left
Do not squeeze in between riders to overtake
Turn your head to check your blindspot before switching lanes
No earphones and headphones while riding
Do not make abrupt lane adjustments or abrupt stops
Keep the lights visible but not causing discomfort to other riders, pedestrians and motorists
Helmets, gloves and safety vests are not compulsory but recommended
Bring your own tools and spares, or cab fare in the event that you can't continue a ride.
No medication or prescription drugs will be handed out during any rides. If you need them, please supply your own.
Accidents happen, and at any time. LCSG does not guarantee anyone's safety.
Participants agree not to hold LCSG liable for any injuries, loss of property or in extreme cases, loss of life incurred during, enroute to or after the rides.
Be punctual. We wait for slow riders, not late-comers
LCSG ride organisers reserve the right to turn down anyone from participating in our group rides if deemed to be unsuitable.

mbt allowed?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Asking for help - any good honest bike shop or seller to recommend for electric bike? Needing to buy 1 for my father. Thanks

Mamamonster

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone recommend me a good bike shop in the east?
Looking to buy a new cheap bike (URATA) with Budget $150.

Thanks in advance

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows of safe cycling route from West Coast Park to Changi Coastal Park Connector? Cant seem to find a route through city.

Planning to go this saturday to stress test my new bike for touring rides.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.