Microsoft Surface

expositox

Reaction score
i guess must be the service agent.
Yup. They repair our keyboard covers and surfaces since Microsoft doesn't do it for us in SG and I think will be too costly to ship it all the way to states to repair then back. So far they QC sucks, I'm on my 2nd keyboard repair already.

miragez

Reaction score
Yup. They repair our keyboard covers and surfaces since Microsoft doesn't do it for us in SG and I think will be too costly to ship it all the way to states to repair then back. So far they QC sucks, I'm on my 2nd keyboard repair already.

Then if I were to get surface pro 3 will I not face the same type of service that holds no guarantee of it workable or share the same issues with others who have sent to them so many times ?

expositox

Reaction score
i never had problem with the support. last time my touch keyboard was frayed, contacted the online support, they send courier to my home collected the keyboard and sent me a new one. no hassle , nothing

Yeah their support is rather hit and miss.
For me, it's more misses than hits. Sent my keyboard cover in usable condition, came back with a malfunctioning touchpad (keys were working), then sent in again and now whole keyboard isn't recognized, which I think should be my Surface's fault, which rusted.
My luck with their products is really :s22:

miragez

Reaction score
Yeah their support is rather hit and miss.
For me, it's more misses than hits. Sent my keyboard cover in usable condition, came back with a malfunctioning touchpad (keys were working), then sent in again and now whole keyboard isn't recognized, which I think should be my Surface's fault, which rusted.
My luck with their products is really :s22:

Seems like inconsistency, I cannot imagine with large volume of units having problem how will they handle each case.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one would be that stupid to trade in their MBA unless it's really old

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well this means that if Jabil provide inconsistency in their repair or MS screwed up certain quality control, the set will never going to be functioning more normal than its supposed to be.

There's a major issue with their service center which affects some sets sent back still defective... That's what happened to me. Receiving defective replacement, Microsoft is trying too hard to focus on producing innovative hardware but not looking at their supportm

miragez

Reaction score
MS is offering trade-in of MBA for SP3 in US......

I think many US user will think about whether the device is good enough to replace even their old MBA for this. Considering the apps that only work in Apple OSX system. It's very unlikely those that are already settle down MBA will think about migration.

But this is good for those that do not like MBA initially or decide for a new change. The price to pay for that will be a little subjective for is it a tablet or laptop use ?

No one would be that stupid to trade in their MBA unless it's really old

I would sure people would trade, unless they are apple fans or been a user in apple product for a long time. Some how the adoption and learning curves plays a big role in migration

There's a major issue with their service center which affects some sets sent back still defective... That's what happened to me. Receiving defective replacement, Microsoft is trying too hard to focus on producing innovative hardware but not looking at their supportm

Well the best excuse can be given would be the new ceo stabilization of the organisation have not yet settle upon our SG services post. For other countries like US it seems better support.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.