[Official] BlackBerry Q30 or Passport.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just poking u only ah =:p

Still, this is going to have a(nother) learning curve, even for BB10-Q30 users...
Haha, I actually never used bb10 yet, used to use the old bb curve for work but company moved to iphone via mobile iron so no more bb liao. Having tried windows mobile 8.1, ios n android kit kat( like to try different interfaces) but haven give bb 10 a go yet. Going to windows mobile 8.1 from android made me realize that the biggest issue is of course getting used to the interface and also app availability. Certain apps are critical to even enable one to use the phone day to day ( like whAtsapp) and only thru sustained day to day use like a month will one be able to truly experience the interface properly. I saw the 10.2 is able to port over android apps with snap, which should solve the critical apps issue at least until bb develops it's own native apps.

Now waiting for the passport to come before trying it out. Does BB sell their phones direct here or only thru carriers? In your opinion , is touch screen better or bb keyboard? I used to like the keyboard as it allows me to text while driving safely ( can feel the keys without looking :0)

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's update you further on the situation

www.ourberries.com

Starting 10.3, a android store will be included with the OS, no need to sideload or whatever extra work.

They do so via carriers mainly, but that doesn't mean you cannot but it from them.

They have partnered a few AUTHORIZED retailers to sell it directly as well, which only includes (carriers of course) courts, harvey norman and challenger.

Haha, I actually never used bb10 yet, used to use the old bb curve for work but company moved to iphone via mobile iron so no more bb liao. Nowadays tried windows mobile 8.1, ios n android kit kat( like to try different interfaces) but haven give bb 10 a go yet. Trying windows mobile 8.1 made me realize that the biggest issue is of course getting used to the interface and also app availability. Certain apps are critical to even enable one to use the phone day to day ( like whAtsapp) and only thru sustained day to day use like a month will one be able to truly experience the interface properly. I saw the 10.2 is able to port over android apps with snap, which should solve the critical apps issue at least until bb develops it's own native apps.

Now waiting for the passport to come before trying it out. Does BB sell their phones direct here or only thru carriers? In your opinion , is touch screen better or bb keyboard? I used to like the keyboard as it allows me to text while driving safely ( can feel the keys without looking :0)

If I recall correctly, winmo (nokia) and Apple is also similar (apple also thru apple retailers).

Anyway, to answer that question, again is based on user. I'm a very keyboard based... So I'm still keyboard.

I may have all the blackberry devices to date now, but, I'm using z30/9900/9360 as main driver.
I may have the nokia 1520/635/XL, iphone5s, S3/s5/note3... But they have never been my daily driver. :)

If you really want a driving friend, then Q10 or Classic might suit you a little more

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's update you further on the situation

HWZBB - The only BlackBerry community you will want to be in Singapore. Singapore BlackBerry users, unite!

Starting 10.3, a android store will be included with the OS, no need to sideload or whatever extra work.

They do so via carriers mainly, but that doesn't mean you cannot but it from them.

They have partnered a few AUTHORIZED retailers to sell it directly as well, which only includes (carriers of course) courts, harvey norman and challenger.

If I recall correctly, winmo (nokia) and Apple is also similar (apple also thru apple retailers).

Anyway, to answer that question, again is based on user. I'm a very keyboard based... So I'm still keyboard.

I may have all the blackberry devices to date now, but, I'm using z30/9900/9360 as main driver.
I may have the nokia 1520/635/XL, iphone5s, S3/s5/note3... But they have never been my daily driver. :)

If you really want a driving friend, then Q10 or Classic might suit you a little more
Thanks man
Just 2 more question:
1) is the Android Store related to the recent collaboration with amazon to offer their apps or it's a the google play store
2) haven't used bb for some time so out of touch but do we still need a bb plan to use bro just standard phone plan is ok? Cause don't intend to lose my 3G 12gb plan ;0

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks man
Just 2 more question:
1) is the Android Store related to the recent collaboration with amazon to offer their apps or it's a the google play store
2) haven't used bb for some time so out of touch but do we still need a bb plan to use bro just standard phone plan is ok? Cause don't intend to lose my 3G 12gb plan ;0

For
1) Yup. That is right
for
2) Nope. We dont. But once u go 4G.. :love::love:
Although my 9900 and 9360 is 3G only.. :sad:

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For
1) Yup. That is right
for
2) Nope. We dont. But once u go 4G.. :love::love:
Although my 9900 and 9360 is 3G only.. :sad:
So will the Amazon apps cost more than the ones on Google? Also do we pay a Amazon or bb directly for the apps cause Amazon is not fully available in Singapore yet I think.

That said, as long as some essential apps are available, the BBC passport still looks a good choice, classic is nice but one cannot back to lousier screens and slower processors anymore :p

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So will the Amazon apps cost more than the ones on Google? Also do we pay a Amazon or bb directly for the apps cause Amazon is not fully available in Singapore yet I think.

That said, as long as some essential apps are available, the BBC passport still looks a good choice, classic is nice but one cannot back to lousier screens and slower processors anymore :p

On the contrary, its actually cheaper. I have been running the test on the Z30 and Note 3, Amazon is actually much cheaper. Amazon frequently gives rebates and credits for free, so chances are you don't even need to pay most of the time if you follow this route. As far as its concerned, so far only seen payment to amazon direct, via amazon payment system.

What is BBC though? :s11:

Well, That classic, is for alot of us whom are stuck on legacy devices you see. However, based on your requirements, one might fit more than the other (there is no one size fit all model, unfortunately)

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, its actually cheaper. I have been running the test on the Z30 and Note 3, Amazon is actually much cheaper. Amazon frequently gives rebates and credits for free, so chances are you don't even need to pay most of the time if you follow this route. As far as its concerned, so far only seen payment to amazon direct, via amazon payment system.

What is BBC though? :s11:

Well, That classic, is for alot of us whom are stuck on legacy devices you see. However, based on your requirements, one might fit more than the other (there is no one size fit all model, unfortunately)
Does amazon direct accept singapore credit cards? I think previously amazon didn't deliver to singapore or something.

BBC passport is actually blackberry passport lab, stupid autocorrect. Grrrr

Yah, I understand the attraction to the classic layout n keyboard as I used to have the bold, but nowadays after moving onto larger screens I find it hard to go back to smaller screens liao. I use a lumia 1520 as my daily driver now and once I got used to the massive size, I cannot go back to phones will smaller screen real estate anymore :0. That's y I think the passport will be the best of both worlds since we get top of the line specs and hardware features plus the bb keyboard ( although not a full keyboard). This plus the quirkiness will hopefully make it a hit :p

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not yet, that's why I am forced all to use amazon credits which amazon has been rather generous these few months, got about $200 worth of it for free already. So legally buying applications is actually free. So now I have no need to even add my card in ;)

There's a BlackBerry Passport lab? :eek::eek:=:p=:p :s13:
Does amazon direct accept singapore credit cards? I think previously amazon didn't deliver to singapore or something.

BBC passport is actually blackberry passport lab, stupid autocorrect. Grrrr

Yah, I understand the attraction to the classic layout n keyboard as I used to have the bold, but nowadays after moving onto larger screens I find it hard to go back to smaller screens liao. I use a lumia 1520 as my daily driver now and once I got used to the massive size, I cannot go back to phones will smaller screen real estate anymore :0. That's y I think the passport will be the best of both worlds since we get top of the line specs and hardware features plus the bb keyboard ( although not a full keyboard). This plus the quirkiness will hopefully make it a hit :p

When ur driving or at meeting, i see how you type on touch screen without looking at the screen :s13::s13:

Classic still OK considering there will be indents on it. Unless the retail passport they decide to add it, then :idk:

wisely2000

Reaction score
google play in BB OS ? its about time man .. been waiting ..... just hope that the keys will easier to use than Q10 .. .. Q5 keyboards are the best ...

Can't to get my hands on this passport ... one of the key (key number 0) in Q10 is giving me problems..

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BrNEShmCcAAg5-J.jpg

BrNAYVTCYAAaKad.jpg

BrM_WVNCIAI12o-.jpg

5S and Passport:
BrM-j2ECYAAYKeE.jpg

The back internals...
BrLlnofCMAE3J_h.jpg

Q10 and Passport:
BrLfJdZCQAIDyTf.jpg

BrLY-TxCIAACgcJ.jpg

Original Image credit: @Halobandit not crackberry

Last edited:

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
Will be getting from you if you are planning to bring it in when it arrives here. You gonna bring in BlackBerry Classic as well?

If it's in Singapore, retailer will be selling it. Check out this thread back of even for the latest updates.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.