Maybank Family and Friends grocery casback

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. I changed my air con at home and paid by 12-month installment with 0% interest, so each month I just need to spend my usual amount on groceries and still get 5% on those purchases pretty much like before the $500 min spend was imposed
This is a really good tip, liddat even better and easier to meet than CIMB liao :s12:
Only problem is I think 0% interest installment schemes not easy to find bah..:(.

limchooc

Reaction score
I check usually exchange rate used in credit card is quite miserable.. Even with the 2% rebate, it's better off exchange some foreign currency with good money changer and pay by cash..

Anyone know what is the exchange rate use by Maybank F&F card ? If I use it in Malaysia to pump petrol and get 5% cash rebate. Will it be offset by the exchange rate loss or worst the 5% cash rebate is unable to cover the exchange rate loss. :s11:

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what is the exchange rate use by Maybank F&F card ? If I use it in Malaysia to pump petrol and get 5% cash rebate. Will it be offset by the exchange rate loss or worst the 5% cash rebate is unable to cover the exchange rate loss. :s11:

it'll be better.

my groceries + petrol in Msia with this card. only other purchases I use RM.

joanlee

Reaction score
Yes it does. I changed my air con at home and paid by 12-month installment with 0% interest, so each month I just need to spend my usual amount on groceries and still get 5% on those purchases pretty much like before the $500 min spend was imposed

Cool. Thanks!

greddy88

Reaction score
I check usually exchange rate used in credit card is quite miserable.. Even with the 2% rebate, it's better off exchange some foreign currency with good money changer and pay by cash..

Use the card that give much higher rebates la.. Like the one posted above for petrol 5% or uob one 5.33% if u can meet their spend criteria.

One thing though, I only use card when I can be sure I can see the cashier swipe the card.. obvious reasons.

PeachGal

Reaction score
Use the card that give much higher rebates la.. Like the one posted above for petrol 5% or uob one 5.33% if u can meet their spend criteria.

One thing though, I only use card when I can be sure I can see the cashier swipe the card.. obvious reasons.

Wow thats nice. I think alot of us just pass the card and wait passively.

vesso2002

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah didn't know fnf now need $500... been earning only 0.3% while i thought i got 5% for the past months lol

sigh, such a good card, need to put into drawer liao

i am not bother about 1% difference... but from 5% to 0.3%, its a lot of differnce.

mrohaha

Reaction score
I'm amazed by someone with such great foresight and effort to bring vouchers around.

They also have to ensure their vouchers are used before they expire. Some bought thousands worth of vouchers, but I wonder if they can use all before it expires.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.