Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lak3rol

Reaction score
Bro,

I'm quoted $2600 with installation of system 2 starmex BTU 9000 each.
-Copper pipe insulation class '0'
-1/2" Thick(i think armaflex)
-16 mm drainage piping
-installation and removal of old unit
-installation of new compressor mount

Wu hua bo? Another company with similar set up also about the same price.

Also "Your block has not been provided with higher electrical loading. You will need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment)."

Means need new power point also?
Sorry for long winded question.

To lak3rol,

Says 2 should be are $2k-$2.4k depending on brand & model plus new piping.
Removal of ur old aircon should be inclusive.

DerSchloss

Reaction score
Need a portable aircon for my room as it is a old house cannot install spit or window aircon. The room its like 1.5 of HDB room. Need some recommendation and recommend BTU.

SHARP CV-P10PRV 10,000 BTU GOOD ?

Last edited:

aYu82

Reaction score
i jus purchase the Mit Elc single split @ $1529 from Courts

price include GST, Bracket, Power Point, add 2yrs of motherboard warranty, upgrade insulation to 1/2" amaflex

will be install in 2 weeks time hopefully everything turns out well... pray hard

Hi, does it comes with free 5 years extended warranty

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Bro,

I'm quoted $2600 with installation of system 2 starmex BTU 9000 each.
-Copper pipe insulation class '0'
-1/2" Thick(i think armaflex)
-16 mm drainage piping
-installation and removal of old unit
-installation of new compressor mount

Wu hua bo? Another company with similar set up also about the same price.

Also "Your block has not been provided with higher electrical loading. You will need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment)."

Means need new power point also?
Sorry for long winded question.

I got mine installed, Mitsubishi Electric (StarMex) Inverter Multi-Split System 2. As my pipes was about 20 yrs old I opted for new installation. Removing and disposal of old system 2 for $2190.

Mitsubishi Starmex AirCon Promotion

using these materials
Air Con Installation Material

good worksmanship.

cobragold

Reaction score
I was looking to replace my 16 years old aircon, system 3. Only master room unit working. Called up one company and they quoted me $3000 for starmax system 3, including bracket. Only thing is most of the piping is behind my built- in cabinets, so the guy said can still use the old piping, only need to apply a chemical crystalline inside the old pipes and they will warranty the pipes for 8 years. The extra cost is $180 per room so extra $540. Total cost will be $3540 for 3 room inverter system.
My question is did anybody ever hear of this crystalline thing. I am quite interested as it comes with an 8 years warranty.

lak3rol

Reaction score

terumo

Reaction score
To cobragold,

Its better to replace the piping or try to install via a new routing then doing the crystalline thing which i duh tink its proven yet.

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently my aircon compressor start to make a soft "tat tat tat" sound ... not sure its a vibrating sound or grinding sound.
It usually happens after turning on for a while (after reaching the desired temperature).
If I set to a lower temp so that it has to work harder, the sound will go away. Sometimes it will also go away if I turn off, then turn on again.

Any idea why? Is it sign of failing? :(

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Asure7,

Is your unit a non inverter? If it is it could be the sound from the relay. However based on description there might be a chance it could be due to other underlying issues such as compressor shock absorbers, loose parts, bearings etc.

Sound description is a very individual thing so it could be rather tricky to pin point the source of problem. Also as this is an intermittent issue, on the safe side, it would be best that you have your contractor do a check just in case it escalates into something more serious.

Compressors are usually warrantied for 5 years so do check if your warranty is still valid be it original or extended warranty.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Recently my aircon compressor start to make a soft "tat tat tat" sound ... not sure its a vibrating sound or grinding sound.
It usually happens after turning on for a while (after reaching the desired temperature).
If I set to a lower temp so that it has to work harder, the sound will go away. Sometimes it will also go away if I turn off, then turn on again.

Any idea why? Is it sign of failing? :(

paper_tatami

Reaction score
Sys 3 Mitsubishi Heavy industries aircon-$2899

Dear everyone,

Like to share that recently I go to IMM located at Jurong east to see good lobang for aircon. at Imm level 3, got 3 aircon store, all best, Gain city and Best tech.

I ask the sales at BEST TECH what is e different between Mitsubishi heavy industries and Mitsubishi electric. They said mitsubishi electric (subsidiaries) is carrying e old unit manufactured in 2007 and cost more as heavy advertised. then the Mitsubishi Heavy Industires (parent) is carrying the new unit manufacture in 2010 and is cheaper. most impt, it also had a in built air purifier and save more electric compare to the older unit. Hope my encounter can help. :s13:

amihe

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Mitshibishi heavy industries system 3 inverter. Yesterday all 3 fcu running but no cold air, check the outdoor compressor, it's not running. Error code 6 blinks, if I'm not wrong, it means signal transmission error. Does it mean pcb or wiring problem? Any idea how much the repair will cost? Can also pm me too. Thanks in advance.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Dear everyone,

Like to share that recently I go to IMM located at Jurong east to see good lobang for aircon. at Imm level 3, got 3 aircon store, all best, Gain city and Best tech.

I ask the sales at BEST TECH what is e different between Mitsubishi heavy industries and Mitsubishi electric. They said mitsubishi electric (subsidiaries) is carrying e old unit manufactured in 2007 and cost more as heavy advertised. then the Mitsubishi Heavy Industires (parent) is carrying the new unit manufacture in 2010 and is cheaper. most impt, it also had a in built air purifier and save more electric compare to the older unit. Hope my encounter can help. :s13:

here are the 2 units being offered. see the model and pricing.

Mitsubishi AirCon Promotion

Mitsubishi Starmex AirCon Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.