Rock/Metal/Heavy Metal/Deathcore/WHATEVER HARDCORE

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
According to The Daily Beast, a new case study published in the medical journal Lancet has revealed that headbanging — described as violently shaking the head in time with the music, most commonly in the rock, punk and heavy metal music genres — can cause damage as the brain bumps up against the skull.

The study detailed the case of a German heavy metal fan suffered bleeding in the brain after a night of headbanging at a MOTÖRHEAD concert. The 50-year-old complained of a two-week constant headache while being treated at Hannover Medical School and told doctors that he had been headbanging regularly for years. A CT scan showed he suffered from bleeding — medically known as chronic subdural haematoma — on the right side of his brain.

"We are not against headbanging," said Dr. Ariyan Pirayesh Islamian, one of the doctors who treated the patient. "The risk of injury is very, very low. But I think if (our patient) had (gone) to a classical concert, this would not have happened."

-----

in anw ...

:s13: @ #5

Mach8Fapper

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to The Daily Beast, a new case study published in the medical journal Lancet has revealed that headbanging — described as violently shaking the head in time with the music, most commonly in the rock, punk and heavy metal music genres — can cause damage as the brain bumps up against the skull.

The study detailed the case of a German heavy metal fan suffered bleeding in the brain after a night of headbanging at a MOTÖRHEAD concert. The 50-year-old complained of a two-week constant headache while being treated at Hannover Medical School and told doctors that he had been headbanging regularly for years. A CT scan showed he suffered from bleeding — medically known as chronic subdural haematoma — on the right side of his brain.

"We are not against headbanging," said Dr. Ariyan Pirayesh Islamian, one of the doctors who treated the patient. "The risk of injury is very, very low. But I think if (our patient) had (gone) to a classical concert, this would not have happened."

-----

in anw ...

:s13: @ #5
:s13::s13:

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
hmmmm .. me somewhat can't absorb e IF of new .
even their prev album me have yet to get . :/

stan216

Reaction score
when will HMV bring in Priest's new album I wonder? :s11:

trying to appreciate Galneryus!

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

Mike Portnoy (drums, vocals)
Dave LaRue (bass)
Neal Morse (keyboards, vocals)
Casey McPherson (vocals, guitars)
Steve Morse (guitar)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.