Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To Timperial,

Self clean is not those where the aircon will clean by itself.
Its just the aircon running in fan mode to dry the internal of the fancoil so that mould will not build up so fast.

Every aircon can be programmed for this self dry function.

xiaoheng

Reaction score
I went to Gain City, All Best and Best Tech and was told that mitsubishi starmex is the only model without self-clean.

Just wondering why is everyone still recommending mitsubishi starmex :s11::s11::s11:

selfclean is nothing u can alway switch to fan mode and pre set a timer to off it ltr... i prefer ez clean where u can take out all the parts and clean urself which most aircon can't do that... and the brand more stable

siew7323

Reaction score
Hi, my aircond are totally not cold at all, it just blow out hot air. It is a system 4 unit, the others 3 aircond are working well. Anyone here can advise what wrong with it?

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Xiaoheng,

Per the SWG table, 0.71mm is equivalent to G22, 0.61mm to G23 and 0.81mm to G21 (usually for industrial use).

Enjoy your new system :)

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

jus finished my installation last sat with courts so far so gd :) but what i see is they pre install the insulation to the cooper pipe outside the corridor and bring the whole thing into the room to lay into the trunking... hopefully is ok since have 3 yrs installation warranty... oh btw is 0.71mm cooper pipe consider g22? thks

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Siew7323,

Is your system an inverter or non inverter?
Possibilities include lack of gas, dirty fan coil, wiring fault, compressor, capacitor fault.
Best to have your contractor come down for a check to ascertain the actual problem.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi, my aircond are totally not cold at all, it just blow out hot air. It is a system 4 unit, the others 3 aircond are working well. Anyone here can advise what wrong with it?

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Akai Ryu,

It would depends on how the piping is run. For some cases, the moulding area is where the piping is. There are instances though that water follows the gradient and accumulates at a certain part causing mould growth. For some, depending on the design of the house, other then aircon pipings sometimes there are other pipings that is concealed within fixtures that might cause mould growth.

For some with concealed pipings, if the cooling efficiency of the system is not affected they might choose to put up with the mould and only replace their system together with the pipings when the system gives way however the cosmetic portion would have to be sacrificed.

Given the above, it would be hard to determine without checking if it is due to the insulation so best to have your contractor do a check during your next aircon servicing.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi Jason

Are u aware if there are any third party that does such inspection?

Did have AC servicing recently and they suspect its due to condensation. From bathroom steam to cold wall from AC, but AC never switch on whenever in shower.,,

TIA

siew7323

Reaction score
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I think is non-inverter, more than 10 yrs old. I just done a servicing, the contractor said gas enough, during the contractor servicing the aircond is working well, but when I switch on at night time, it has the same problem again. I noticed the compressor not running when I switch on the particular unit aircond, but when I switch on the other 3 units, the compressor is running. Do u think the compressor spoiled?

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Siew7323,

If it is a non inverter, and you do not hear the compressor running then yes maybe the compressor is having issues. I do find it strange though that the unit started having issues at night. Any chances the unit was blowing cold air for a short period of time then afterwhich it turns into warm air?

If you just had your unit serviced recently then you should most probably have your contractor come back for a followup check as most companies depending on their company policies should have a workmanship coverage of 1 month.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I think is non-inverter, more than 10 yrs old. I just done a servicing, the contractor said gas enough, during the contractor servicing the aircond is working well, but when I switch on at night time, it has the same problem again. I noticed the compressor not running when I switch on the particular unit aircond, but when I switch on the other 3 units, the compressor is running. Do u think the compressor spoiled?

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got it from Aircon Design and maybe you should check with them for full detail. My house got aircon ledge so no need bracket. So far no problem from the installation and seriously i also dont know what material they used to install for me.

My son suffer from a bad asthma attack for the first time in February (and he is only 5 years old), so bad that we have to rent the aspirator set from the clinic to put him on the breather for 5 days. Every morning since very young he will wake up sneezing and a bad block nose that sometime he find it hard to breath and start crying.

Since my previous aircon is giving me so much problem, I decided to change until i came across this brand. Maybe out of desperate for my son I decided to try this "kimura" brand bah. So far he had not sneezed that much in the morning and had not complaint about difficulties in breathing for the past 2 months. So i guess the air con function is working fine.

That's all i can share. Think I will stop here about this aircon brand for good or ppl start to think I am selling this brand in this forum.

Where u buy tis kimura fr?

Investor_Warrior88

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am interested to install System 2 Air Conditioning for my house. However, I have the following problem:

(1) Only Master bedroom has a 15 Amps powerpoint and has not been used for the last 20 years. Do I still need powerpoint anywhere else?

(2) My room is pretty much "sealed" and they will definitely need to hack through the wall by enlarging the current hole for the electrical trunking. All contractors able to do that?

(3) Thirdly, thinking of going Gain City. Can check if they will come over and survey first or pay first? Don't want come paid at GC liao come survey want to add this cost and that cost.

Thanks in advance !

ahphuah

Reaction score
Interested to install mits or europace system 3.anybody know who can install within next week? Checked with gain and courts all schedule at early august.

terumo

Reaction score
To Investor_Warrior88,

1. If the power point is in good working conditions you can use back but have to test first.
2. Yes.
3. GC should be able to come for a FOC site survey.

xiaoheng

Reaction score
after monitoring a few days found one problem is when i set the vane in certain angle after awhile it will auto change its angle then u got to set to the angle u want again... itz normal? tia

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Xiaoheng,

Your system is a Mitsubishi Electric Starmex?
If it is can I know if you have set the horizontal louver to the lowest or the 2nd lowest position?

If i am not wrong, ME does have this safety feature whereby if the louver is set to the lowest or 2nd lowest position, it will be automatically moved back to horizontal again after 1 hour so that water from condensation does not drip.

Another way you can confirm is to consult your user manual otherwise since yours is a new unit, call Mitsubishi Electric directly to check.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

after monitoring a few days found one problem is when i set the vane in certain angle after awhile it will auto change its angle then u got to set to the angle u want again... itz normal? tia

xiaoheng

Reaction score
Hello Xiaoheng,

Your system is a Mitsubishi Electric Starmex?
If it is can I know if you have set the horizontal louver to the lowest or the 2nd lowest position?

If i am not wrong, ME does have this safety feature whereby if the louver is set to the lowest or 2nd lowest position, it will be automatically moved back to horizontal again after 1 hour so that water from condensation does not drip.

Another way you can confirm is to consult your user manual otherwise since yours is a new unit, call Mitsubishi Electric directly to check.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

ya i set to the lowest.. ar ic no wonder it will move the angle... thx jason

Wenrac23

Reaction score
Finally decide to go for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries system 3 !!

SCM60/ 3 x SRK25

Any Mitsubishi heavy industry user here? Mind to share how good is it?

Actually my wife and i decide to go GC for our aircon. But the salesperson at Best Tech really impress both my wife and i. I read some negative feedback about this company before but the salesperson, Ken really so helpful and knowledgeable in term of explaining the running of piping and run through the floor plan with us.

After a chit chat with him realize that he is not a indoor salesperson. He is a outdoor salesperson. He just happen to be drop by at IMM outlet on the day we purchased :) No wonder he is so familiar with the floor plan stuff and even pass us his mobile no to let us contact him when we need him to come down for some site view :)as we have a built in wardrobe in MBR which might block the way of the piping.

After compare few brand, realize that Mitsubishi Heavy Industry is the most power saving aircon in the market now. So we happily go for it.

But we have a headache now.. He offer us 2 type of insulation which is YAMATO and K-Flex class "0"... According to him, YAMATO is much more better as the insulation is largely use at JAPAN and big project such as landed and condo at singapore. I went back and check with one of my friend who run a construction company, he told me that he did saw some project is using this YAMATO piping. But not sure how good it is...

Anyone ever use this YAMATO insulation and any feedback on it?? I Need to decide which one to use before the installation date..

Hi.
Just want to find out how is your experience with Best tech and how is your MHI working so far?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.