Microsoft Surface

metavolta

Reaction score
They begin to ship by the end of July. So probably the latest you can get is by the end of July or early August.

Does it mean that pre-ordering from MS Online translate to getting the unit earlier in early Aug than pre-ordering from Challenger , Newstead etc which will be late Aug?

Vulpix

Reaction score
isn't it the same as iphone
they don't repair up to components level
instead they give you a refurbished set.

He bought a new set with a scratch. He should be getting a new set back, not a refurbished set.

echoblue

Reaction score
He bought a new set with a scratch. He should be getting a new set back, not a refurbished set.[/QUOTE

I prefer to buy from Challenger or Best Denki, easier to make 1:1 exchanges for valid issues (factory defects within the exchange period)

Vulpix

Reaction score
Yeah, it's better, but Microsoft should not have offered a refurbish set. The more I read this thread the less I want to buy a Surface Pro 3. It's ok if they offer a refurbished set to replace a faulty unit that has been in use for a few months, but to replace a new unit with a refurbished one?

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He bought a new set with a scratch. He should be getting a new set back, not a refurbished set.
That was what I complained to Microsoft on the same day I received the set. Unfortunately they are not able to offer a brand new set. Ridiculous right? It's not fair. Lucky me gotten my refund. :)

Vulpix

Reaction score
That was what I complained to Microsoft on the same day I received the set. Unfortunately they are not able to offer a brand new set. Ridiculous right? It's not fair. Lucky me gotten my refund. :)

Yeah, good for you. With such lousy consumer protection laws in SG, it's a miracle you still managed to get a refund back.

Earthling

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, good for you. With such lousy consumer protection laws in SG, it's a miracle you still managed to get a refund back.

Agree that its a miracle. Actually would it be different if buy from places like challenger? Any scratches on new set they will open another box for you like buying iphones from telco? Haha

echoblue

Reaction score
Agree that its a miracle. Actually would it be different if buy from places like challenger? Any scratches on new set they will open another box for you like buying iphones from telco? Haha

Yes. That's why its best to check on the spot and try the tablet extensively within the exchange period.

miragez

Reaction score

:s13: lol, I thought Microsoft handles all nation policy fairly... and rather its whether the third party services handles them for ur refund ?

Imperado

Reaction score
I paid with DBS credit card, dont have the messenger bag thingy..

Order from ms store will receive on early aug meh? My order say ship on sep 1st 00:00:00

Chips

Reaction score
one of the key mistake made was announcing the product too early. making the consumers wait 3 months before they can see SP3 is way too long

miragez

Reaction score
I paid with DBS credit card, dont have the messenger bag thingy..

Order from ms store will receive on early aug meh? My order say ship on sep 1st 00:00:00

It could be the demands cannot meet the delivery. But 1 month later... wow you really have to wait this long... It better be a rock solid piece of device, if the reason for delay is due to some fixes being done based on an artist who trial run it. Just hope there is no hardware issues when it launch out.

Last edited:

Aisyoz

Banned
Reaction score

Apple will NOT do ANY WARRANTY SERIVCE on an iphone that has scratches.

the warranty is considered void for any damage to the casing

just be grateful that microsoft has offered a refurbished set for a scratched unit.

Earthling

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple will NOT do ANY WARRANTY SERIVCE on an iphone that has scratches.

the warranty is considered void for any damage to the casing

just be grateful that microsoft has offered a refurbished set for a scratched unit.

buy at telco that time, if scratchy can open another new set. scratched phone also can claim warranty for other things if its not due to water damage etc :s22:

Reaction score
those that pre-ordered, you getting the 256gb or 128gb model?

i'm at a loss actually, i was thinking of getting the 128gb then buy a class 10 flash for add-on. my worry is the lifespan of the SP3.

you guys getting the 2 year microsoft care?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.