Vofzxy log: finally...

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yo guys, thanks for all the comments,

1) my office is FREEZING! i am always full of hot/warm tea LOL
....i know, the overall food intake, is still very NOT ENOUGH :(
2) i know abt the reliance on supps i had more then a few comments on that, maybe i
....REALLY should start eating alot more cup of oats. i will do that next week
3) serving size, standard cai fan/hawker food servings lor, that's the smallest ball park i
....can give
4) well, we all know, i cannot eat "too much" like during lunch, or i'll sleep at my desk.
....have fell asleep before and hence missed intake because of that,
....LOL did i just admit that ?
5) sometimes, if busy then even protein shake also will miss.
6) i am aiming to eat something every 2 hours, can't see how to squeeze in any more ><

appreciate all the comments, please guide.
i like carbs, REALLY, it keeps me warm and also puts me to sleep :/

Last edited:

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EDIT:

static lunge ,BW
12 per side x3

squat
60kg, 70 kg, 80 kg, 90 kg x 12
100kg x10
good form w/o belt, back started to "crack" only at the end of this set

legpress
80kg x 10
120kg x10
160kg x 10 + 80 kg x10 + no weight x 20

leg curl machine + static lunge
40kg x 6
25 kg x 10 + 12
35 kg x 10 + 12
40 kg x 10 + 12

----------------------------
1330 1x Ippudo ramen, (last time can marginally fit in 1.5x noodles but now cannot :/ )
1630 1 x true mass
1730 1 x ON
2000 1 x waffle + 1 scoop ice cream !
2130 9 short spring rolls
0020 9 nuggets

Weekend diets always crash, i really need to overhaul it big time.

Last edited:

Bel.SG

Reaction score
Lol, u needa eat more during ur weekdays..As for ur weekend, its fine to live once a week la but dont over do it.. u know u're gonna have waffles and icecream then dont have that mass gainer before hand.. may be too much sugar for your own good.
Anyway you have yet to reply soteyh's comment

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, u needa eat more during ur weekdays..As for ur weekend, its fine to live once a week la but dont over do it.. u know u're gonna have waffles and icecream then dont have that mass gainer before hand.. may be too much sugar for your own good.
Anyway you have yet to reply soteyh's comment
I am still trying to fit in more food during weekday, i will up my oats intake this week, thought it probably won't be enough.
How do you office guys do it? sandwiches? I posted a thread on this before, but it did not leave me with much proper conclusion ><"

I will note the sugar part.
Soteyh's comment abt being 65 kg? haha, erm i think i am too small !

Whats with the clean without the catch

The catch ? LOL you mean if i miss the lift?
I don't get the question sorry, haha
i sort of pick it up by looking at ppl in my gym do it and from Barbell Shrugged YouTube channel.

-----------------------

had a good lunch, 1.5x chicken rice + mixed meat
Ate crap intermittently, got drunk.
had a balanced dinner: 1 bowl rice, meats and all

all the meals today were group meals, breakfast was 6 egg whites

Nights. :)

Bel.SG

Reaction score
Most ppl i know who are really strict about their diet pack their own lunches, either prepped in the morning, the weekends or even last nights dinner. Sandwiches are fine too, you aren't cutting so you don't really have to restrict your food choices, just stick to nutrient dense foods.

You don't look 65kg in your videos..

soteyh

Reaction score
I drink milk in the office. Helps if you have a pantry with a fridge.

You can get soft boiled eggs for breakfast too from most kopitiam

Bel.SG

Reaction score

yogurt is good too, but remember to mark your items..
i'd rather microwave some eggs if im lazy will be a little rubber but it saves you quite a bit in the long run

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, take more protein for your breakfast - eggs are the cheapest source, so get in at least 4 eggs, including yolks every morning.

In the office, aside from drinking milk, you can also buy lots of raw nuts, put them in a container & store it in your drawer. That way, you can munch them throughout the day. Buy the raw nuts from Poon Huat or the Victoria Street Wholesale Centre.

soteyh

Reaction score
TS, take more protein for your breakfast - eggs are the cheapest source, so get in at least 4 eggs, including yolks every morning.

In the office, aside from drinking milk, you can also buy lots of raw nuts, put them in a container & store it in your drawer. That way, you can munch them throughout the day. Buy the raw nuts from Poon Huat or the Victoria Street Wholesale Centre.

I just got a whole lot of nuts over the weekend from ph. Mixed them with oats to make granola. Can bring to work to eat.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i like this. but why INCLUDING YOLK ?!

Tanks everybardi, tanks! for all the advice.
REALLY ENCOURAGING LAH ~!
--------

Chat time:
till today (inclusive) there used to be only 1 reason why i can lunch-time-gym. i think i will continue this habit, i kinda like it.
my HTC one M7 camera sucks, you already know, plus i dropped it many many times.
so hungry during driving lesson : (

i think i will go on $12 lunch diet, buy ~ $12 worth of food, 3 packets from golden shoe and around and eat along the afternoon, clearly the packed meals are not enough

I will think about the nuts. =)

i use to buy the eggs, 3 cups = 6 eggs ! eat about 1 -2 white, or none at all if i'm really careful
but you know, sometime i think it might be better to have chicken rice + chicken and eat less rice
i am REALLY trying to eat less chicken rice, would like less fat % haha

Milk + yogurt: i am NOT lactose intolerant as in i can take dairy products.
but i estimated i cannot drink > 1 L of milk. have tried a couple of times...
eat 2 big bowls of cereal, then at night whack one milk protein shake, i assure you
ALL the milk came out :(
yogurt is the same :)

--------------------

pull up + overhead squat
15 + 12
10 + 12
10 + 12
8+12

wide parallel grip pull up + hanging "toes to bar"
10 + 8
8 + 8
8 + 8
8 + 10

pull up machine (http://image.made-in-china.com/4f0j...ommercial-Fitness-Machine-Pull-Down-SM04-.jpg) [ each side ]
40kg x 10
50 kg x10
50 kg x10
50 kg x10

ALT DB bicep curl
16kg x 8
16kg x 8
16kg x 8 + 12 kg x 6 + 8 x 10

cable row + single cable bicep curl [best of my memory]
15 kg x 12 + 5 kg x 10
20 kg x 12 + 5 kg x 10
22.5 kg x 12 + 5 kg x 10

Cable row: 27.5 kg x 12 + 20 kg x 10
bicep curl: 5kg x10

-----------------------------------

0830 1 cup oats
0900 packed meal , see image 1
1030 1 bowl not enough , eat again, image 2 , 3
1330 packed meal again ! pic is rice and chicken, had half potato and some carrot also, image 4
_____ SO FULL MAN :/
1630 2 x True mass
2230 1 cup brown rice, 200g beef ? LOL + vege and all

image 1
WN1Rvagl.jpg

image 2
w2jbH5nl.jpg

image 3
yt0mHcpl.jpg

image 4
27MjRMzl.jpg

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have free flow low fat and normal milk in office :)

-------

i will hit a weighing scale soon for those who dont believe i am 65kg,
there are bigger guys who can DL 200 kg /ripped/ stronger/ and still tell me they're 64 kg ><"

soteyh

Reaction score
Your office has free milk? And you are near golden shoe? That is like the cheapest place with the most variety in the whole cbd! There is so much beside chicken rice - fish soup, cao fan, salad etc I used to go to free long queue wan ton noodles and order their big special, swapping out the fried stuff for char siew. Whopping lot of meat for five bucks.

Seriously, the only thing between you and getting big is the spoon you use to shovel the food in your mouth

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like this. but why INCLUDING YOLK ?!

Why not? Yolks are packed with nutrition & contrary to what the doctors will tell you there is little correlation between dietary & serum cholesterol. What gets cholesterol levels esp LDL & Triglycerides up are trans & saturated fats & hi GI processed carbs.

I used to take up to 20 eggs a day when I was younger & packing on mass. Now at 57, I'm still taking 3 - 5 eggs every day & my cholesterol levels are in the healthy range.

galapogos

Reaction score
Why not? Yolks are packed with nutrition & contrary to what the doctors will tell you there is little correlation between dietary & serum cholesterol. What gets cholesterol levels esp LDL & Triglycerides up are trans & saturated fats & hi GI processed carbs.

Yup, but do exercise caution as well because about 1/3 of the population are hyper-responders to dietary cholesterol. If you don't know if you're one, it's prudent to take a before/after blood lipid test.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, but do exercise caution as well because about 1/3 of the population are hyper-responders to dietary cholesterol. If you don't know if you're one, it's prudent to take a before/after blood lipid test.

Goi, where did you get the info that 1/3 of the population are hyper-responders to dietary cholesterol? Can put the link here?

galapogos

Reaction score
Goi, where did you get the info that 1/3 of the population are hyper-responders to dietary cholesterol? Can put the link here?

Here's one - Effects of eggs on plasma lipoproteins in healthy populations.

Could've sworn I remember it to be 30+%, but this particular study has it as 25% instead. Still, it's a significant portion of the population.

Edit: Ah, here's that 1/3 figure I was looking for - Plasma LDL and HDL characteristics and carotenoid content are positively influenced by egg consumption in an elderly population.

The good news is that even among the hyper responders, the increase in HDL and LDL are benign, and even protective, as the LDL particles are the large fluffy type rather than the small, dense type. Still, it's something to consider especially if you have a history of familial hypercholesterolemia.

Last edited:

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your office has free milk? And you are near golden shoe? That is like the cheapest place with the most variety in the whole cbd! There is so much beside chicken rice - fish soup, cao fan, salad etc I used to go to free long queue wan ton noodles and order their big special, swapping out the fried stuff for char siew. Whopping lot of meat for five bucks.

Seriously, the only thing between you and getting big is the spoon you use to shovel the food in your mouth

You're ON.
i will buy 3 packets of food < 4 pm tmr onwards !

"Whopping lot of meat for five bucks. " is DA BOMB.
$4 chicken rice already damn filling.
---------------------------

Regarding the cholesterol thing, When i was Ro-Acutane for acne, my cholesterol level was fine.
but paying for 4 eggs at ya-kun/coffee and toast is wallet cringing
i can buy a packet of chicken rice + meat with that. =)=)=)

0730 6 eggs 4 yolks
0930 $3 chicken rice + char siew
1200 CAI FAN, broccoli, steam egg, pork meat
1700 EwF, deep fried chicken burger :(, show pic tmr
1900 CAI FAN , bean sprouts, dried chilli chicken, tofu
2200 1 x Xtend

back to work TMR !

Last edited:

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seated shoulder press
22 kg x 12
24 kg x 12
26 kg x 12 + 22 kg x 6 + 18 kg x 6

DB lateral raises (int rotate at the end) + plate raise
[ 6 kg x 10 + 10 kg x 10 ]x 3

cable rear delt flye (kinesis) + toes to bar (slow otw down)
[ 3 plates x 10 + 10 ] x 3

kinesis: http://media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories//2013March/7_660_031913033228.jpg

----------------------

0900 1 bowl cereal
1000 1 cup brown rice + yong tau foo
1130 1 x Assault
1330 a few spoons of brown rice from 1000, 1 x Xtend
1500 $4 chicken rice, half rice
1630 $4 chicken rice, half rice , 2nd packet
1900 aldrin ho dry needling, sibeh sHIOK
2100 dinner, 1 cup brown rice, half salmon slice + vege
_____i have cooked angel hair and mince for tmr !

today ate slowly, have to work and eat as yesterday was off day !

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.