Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clients of SCB should note that whatever stocks they bought through SCB must be sold through SCB. This is because SCB is the nominee that holds the shares. Given SCB's unreliability, the consequences will be terrible to traders on a market crash day if SCB platform breaks down. They will be frozen out of their positions. Cannot cut loss even if they want to.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clients of SCB should note that whatever stocks they bought through SCB must be sold through SCB. This is because SCB is the nominee that holds the shares. Given SCB's unreliability, the consequences will be terrible to traders on a market crash day if SCB platform breaks down. They will be frozen out of their positions. Cannot cut loss even if they want to.

i have mentioned this before many times. if you intend to trade, you better use some other platforms. not only the speed is a concern, you need a platform with special orders like stop loss, etc.

SCB is only suitable for buy and hold/forget type.

Extolbeli

Reaction score
My portfolio is now: No record available, Please try again later.

Even when I try to sell the soup restn shares I have, they rejected me.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If I want to transfer the shares to cdp acc, got any fees ?

Can transfer out I guess, no fees for transferring to CDP right?

it is free to transfer into scb, but there is a cost to transfer out from scb to cdp.

alternatively, you can open a hongleong share financing account, and seek for hongleong to transfer the shares to them, they have a promo for $500 waiver for custodian transfer, then get a normal brokerage broker to sell for you and deliver from hongleong share (but there is an additional $10 for each delivery charged)

if u need a hongleong agent, pm me, i can intro u

Draculav

Reaction score
Omg.. the standard chartered trading platform is becoming a nightmare!
Did they estimate how long more it needs to be fixed?

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My portfolio is now: No record available, Please try again later.

Even when I try to sell the soup restn shares I have, they rejected me.

Not to worry. I have encountered this problem before. A number of times actually. Your portfolio will re-appear later.

Last edited:

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Omg.. the standard chartered trading platform is becoming a nightmare!
Did they estimate how long more it needs to be fixed?

Today, the platform looks fine to me. Quite fast and smooth. Can log in normally. Good work, SCB!

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today, the platform looks fine to me. Quite fast and smooth. Can log in normally. Good work, SCB!
is it still down when you need it most?

did u log in during peak period or off peak period?
peak period is market open and market close. + US Market open and close

GreenBeanSoup

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just to hijack the thread, looking through all these comments on SCB, does the low commissions justify to sign up with this plateform? Assuming I would not be doing trading. Just buying/selling of stocks from time to time.

Thanks

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just to hijack the thread, looking through all these comments on SCB, does the low commissions justify to sign up with this plateform? Assuming I would not be doing trading. Just buying/selling of stocks from time to time.

Thanks

everyone will have to go through the same stage of buying/selling from time to time or within any holding period. but the holding period can be as short as few seconds or can be as long as few years.

the longer your holding period is, the better it is to use this platform.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there any charges for expired trades? My purchase power doesn't seen to reset fully after my trades expire.

charred123

Reaction score
Are there any charges for expired trades? My purchase power doesn't seen to reset fully after my trades expire.

I have the problem of my purchases of stocks being expired. I submitted one at 6pm, after trading hours. It should be posted next day when trading resumes. Why does it expire? Anybody else encountering the same problem?

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the problem of my purchases of stocks being expired. I submitted one at 6pm, after trading hours. It should be posted next day when trading resumes. Why does it expire? Anybody else encountering the same problem?
No issue here, though I usually submit them later, 10+pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.