Best ramen in Singapore

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I like Tonkotsu King Ramen, damn shiok and the svc is good.

I'm quite disappointed in Marutama, it used to be amazing but now it sucks. I remember when it first opened in SG I got a shock, all the Jap staff inside greet you very sincerely in proper Japanese, It was like walking into a portal. But now. *sob sob*

you mean Keisuke Tonkotsu King ??

service good ?? black face gao gao, at times they couldn't cope with the crowd.

yongen.lee

Reaction score
you mean Keisuke Tonkotsu King ??

service good ?? black face gao gao, at times they couldn't cope with the crowd.

Yes, that's the one. Visited at least 6 times, never encountered poor service even once. Food is always excellent. There's a long wait, yes. But that's not their fault. The product is good and well-liked, so a lot of people queuing.

The staff are very friendly even when we only order 1 ramen for two people when I am accompanying someone. I've never seen a black face there. When did you kana that?

I'm going to try that new Ramen at 313 tonight. Hope it's good.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Isetan-18-Jul-2014.jpg

yongen.lee

Reaction score
How was it? :s34:

Ok only. It's called Chabuton. Slightly better than Ramen play only. The egg they had was very meh. Normally ramen places give better eggs. I tried to upgrade to get the Kakuni (pork belly) but it was out of stock.

After I ate at Chabuton, I went to eat at Saboten, which is not cheap but very shiok. And the staff were very nice. Which reminds me, must write compliment! The staff so nice, you eat there also happy.

Shinobimaru

Reaction score
Went to try Chabuton last week after so much hype about it. As usual, there's a long queue since its new. Waited for around 25min before going in. One thing I would like to commend about is their service, one of their staff served us plain water for the folks like us in queue. Good impression before the food.

Went in and order their signature ramen, egg and Kakuni, but the pork was out of stock as well. Waiting time for Ramen was decent, came promptly, but after tasting the soup and charsiew, I don't think I would patronise again. Nothing special about it, and I agree that the egg was not that good either. Still prefer my Santouka Ramen. :s13:

yongen.lee

Reaction score
Went to try Chabuton last week after so much hype about it. As usual, there's a long queue since its new. Waited for around 25min before going in. One thing I would like to commend about is their service, one of their staff served us plain water for the folks like us in queue. Good impression before the food.

Went in and order their signature ramen, egg and Kakuni, but the pork was out of stock as well. Waiting time for Ramen was decent, came promptly, but after tasting the soup and charsiew, I don't think I would patronise again. Nothing special about it, and I agree that the egg was not that good either. Still prefer my Santouka Ramen. :s13:

Friday 615 no real queue. Queue really built up at 650 or so. Only got longer after that until 8. Then it was damn long. My date was late so I stood outside for an hour being the first few then first in line for a long time. I read when I queue so I don't mind.

Anyone tried their small (S$8.30) portion? :s11:

I actually had the small portion, that's why I had space for Saboten. I had their tonkatsu soup. Not remotely as good as tonkatsu king. Only slightly better than Ramen Play.

Hakaima

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I kinda miss bario for the thick soup n the lor mee noodles and garlic.

what's the closest alternative now? I feel tht tonkotsu king's soup is almost on par, but can't seem to find the flat type noodles or places with garlic

Assenkay

Reaction score
I kinda miss bario for the thick soup n the lor mee noodles and garlic.

what's the closest alternative now? I feel tht tonkotsu king's soup is almost on par, but can't seem to find the flat type noodles or places with garlic

Can try Riki at Bugis+ outlet or Miyamoto at GWC outlet. Both involve raw garlic.

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the ones at Chijmes? How was it?

Chjimes have quite a few ramen shops. If you meant the latest one that was posted a few pages ago. I ate it.

Didn't really like it. Very normal. Nothing special enough for me to visit again. They have free flow eggs though

CEILJO

Reaction score
Tonkotsu Ramen ‘AWA ODORI’

14678130682_fa01040691_c.jpg

14698308323_8e893550b2_c.jpg

Tonkotsu Ramen 'SANJYA'

14698309253_2381b7d074_c.jpg

14676082484_0e02074922_c.jpg

14676093564_221f159a10_c.jpg

Tonkotsu Ramen ‘AWA ODORI’ and Tonkotsu Ramen 'SANJYA' are equally enjoyable. Wasabi Ginger Ale is an interesting choice for drink.

TONKOTSU KING MATSURI
80 Marine Parade Road #B1-18 Parkway Parade SINGAPORE 449269

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tonkotsu Ramen ‘AWA ODORI’ and Tonkotsu Ramen 'SANJYA' are equally enjoyable. Wasabi Ginger Ale is an interesting choice for drink.

TONKOTSU KING MATSURI
80 Marine Parade Road #B1-18 Parkway Parade SINGAPORE 449269

wah u are fast... they just opened and u went to try liao... :eek:

how is it compared to orchid hotel one and four seasons..?

regards,
wacky

CEILJO

Reaction score
wah u are fast... they just opened and u went to try liao... :eek:

how is it compared to orchid hotel one and four seasons..?

regards,
wacky

I happened to be one of the lucky fews that participated in their facebook contest and got invited for their pre-opening dinner.

Taste wise is kinda unique and different from the other 2 outlets. It was cooked by Keisuke-sen that night and it tasted really good. :D

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Miharu Sapporo Ramen @ The Gallery Hotel.

Miso tonkotsu ramen S$13.80++ Noodle is curly & slightly thicker kind. Qq chewy texture, pretty good. The broth is rich, with sesame taste. It's not as salty as mentioned before here. Cha shu meat is thinly sliced, pretty decent. :lick:

Gyoza S$5.80++ with shiso leaf inside, fragrant & refreshing.

wackykid's shoyu ramen S$13.80++ heard it's pretty normal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.