SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not now... in the future.

in the future, IPPT will only consist of the 2.4km run, sit-ups, and push-ups.

personally i also prefer pull ups than push ups.

pull ups got no time limit and you only need 12 for 5 points. most likely you will need a lot of push ups for 5 mins.

and i suspect the push ups station will be like the testing criteria for basic airborne course... 30 push ups within 1 min.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IDF Fitness Test

Someone posted this in edmw thread. If similar standard, doubt that it's not going to be any easier.

If the standards are similar for reservists soldiers, then is around 54 points. Maybe 9 pts in pushups and 9 in situps. How many can do 46-51 pushups and 60-64 situps at 1 go?

Last edited:

iichigoz

Reaction score
Hi I got a question here.

I was in PPT2 and I passed it last year. For this year do I need to go for IPT to qualify for PPT3 or I just need to pass PPT3 at any non-ict IPPT?

And is it counted if I passed my PPT3 on my RT-IPPT?

Thanks!!!!

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I got a question here.

I was in PPT2 and I passed it last year. For this year do I need to go for IPT to qualify for PPT3 or I just need to pass PPT3 at any non-ict IPPT?

And is it counted if I passed my PPT3 on my RT-IPPT?

Thanks!!!!

PPT is +1 every year regardless of your previous year result. Yes, you still need to sign up for IPT to get the band.

haidoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i need some clarification from the nsmen laojiaos here.. I'm taking my first IPPT tomorrow at khatib fcc and my pes status is B2L3, excuse broad jump & chin up (according to ns.sg). Must i bring along my FFI document (which i have misplaced) with me when i go down to the FCC? or will they have my updated pes & excuse status records? Thanks!

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i need some clarification from the nsmen laojiaos here.. I'm taking my first IPPT tomorrow at khatib fcc and my pes status is B2L3, excuse broad jump & chin up (according to ns.sg). Must i bring along my FFI document (which i have misplaced) with me when i go down to the FCC? or will they have my updated pes & excuse status records? Thanks!

If you can get it, then bring it.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
F. useless change.

The people who can't pass 2.4km will still be unable to pass 2.4 km. They will reduce the requirement a little but ultimately the requirement has to be kept up there with international standard so i doubt it will reduce by much.

So everyone, get ready for you RT sessions.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also new, servicemen will be graded based on the total number of points accumulated for all three stations, instead of a pass mark for each station,

This way, soldiers can make up through more sit-ups, if they are weak in push-ups and running, or vice versa, said Dr Ng. "There's a limit to how much you can make up, but I like this counting system because it encourages NSmen to max out on each station and it plays to the individual's strengths," he wrote.

- See more at: New IPPT will have three stations; Standing Broad Jump, shuttle run, chin-ups scrapped

hopefully it will be easier to pass overall...

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Understand that for cpl and below need to clear 7 high key and 3 low key after ord right ? If they do not call me back at all , how many years do I have to take ippt before I rod ? I'm holding rank of cpl.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Understand that for cpl and below need to clear 7 high key and 3 low key after ord right ? If they do not call me back at all , how many years do I have to take ippt before I rod ? I'm holding rank of cpl.

Till u're 40 IIRC. In the same boat as u :(

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

40 years old lor. How old are you now? If 25 or so, might as well ask them to arrange for you to go for ICTs yearly, can finish by 35 years old.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
40 years old lor. How old are you now? If 25 or so, might as well ask them to arrange for you to go for ICTs yearly, can finish by 35 years old.

My sbo a lot of things missing already. Scared kena call up then don't know how to answer them lol

u_ntitled

Reaction score
hi,

i completed my 10 session of IPT but i extended 1 month for that. Now i find that I could not complete 8 RT sessions before my window close in another 2 weeks. I seek for RT extension but seems i got rejected. May i know how many session do I need to go before my window close so that i could ask for extension?

Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.