Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

rookierocky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can someone share with me their PIA and torrent settings? I tried a software torrent with 1k plus seeder and about 2-3 leecher for speed checking as all my torrent are slow.

I went to see the peers all of them is like 0% which lead me to think something is blocking it.

I tried enabling/disabling encryption on either PIA and torrent and changing ports but doesnt help

my friend advise me to take one month of subscription to see how VPN providers fare instead of just taking 1 year straight. End up his advise was good PIA was kind of slow, so i terminated my sub. after one month. Perhaps i choose the wrong server to climb hill?

Last edited:

grynove

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry for sounding noob here. I subscribed to Torguard, and downloaded their android app. The VPN works and I'm recognised to be in the US so Netflix works.

But when I start up my utorrent app, the files won't start downloading. Any advise?

Thanks!
not all server allowing torrent downloading. need to check back with torguard. i cant remember if they put it on the description .

SkyFlux

Reaction score
Anyone know which server for PIA is good for downloading/torrenting stuff? I'm currently using it and it seems to me that almost all their servers are freaking slow..

sajidali27

Reaction score
For Streaming I would recommend PIA, PureVPN, IPVanish VPN they are best and allow access to watch live streaming with fast speed.. They have great protocols such as L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN etc which provide total anonymity and dedicated IP.. Multiple servers in different locations so you can get desired country IP as well to watch Hulu, Netflix and other streaming channels..

I still recommend one of my old post

Imperado

Reaction score
lucky i only took 1 month of PIA.. so far PIA and IPvanish not suited for me well.. but IPvanish has singapore server that allow me to torrent up till 10Mbps... but its funny to vpn sg server to torrent

stiwipl

Reaction score
IPVanish has 3 day trial if you sign up via their mobile app. I gave it a try. Their OSX app is horrible compared to Astrill and their servers are super slow. I was unable to find many US/UK/DE servers from IPVanish that would have latency below 200ms (I am on VQ).

The only two I found were from US with latencies below 200ms: Las Vegas and Dallas. But the speeds on Las Vegas were horrible: 4.5Mbps down. Their Dallas servers was better with speeds of 39Mbps down.

The way I checked the latency and speeds was to visit Speedtest VQ website and run a speedtest and then check the same at speedtest.net.

Also their SG servers with virtual US IP are not recognized by Netflix.
I am disappointed with IPVanish. I am still searching for a good backup for Astrill.

williamtyc

Reaction score
Anyone using purevpn getting good results from china youku streaming HD movies? also when i using the Singapore servers, my outlook can't send emails. Kinda disappointing since it's said to be one of the better vpn but seems like my astrill trial before this perform much better.

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friend advise me to take one month of subscription to see how VPN providers fare instead of just taking 1 year straight. End up his advise was good PIA was kind of slow, so i terminated my sub. after one month. Perhaps i choose the wrong server to climb hill?

You should only use the Europe servers to climb hill. My climbing hill speeds with PIA are all above 20MB/s. You need to turn on port forwarding on the app and use the assigned port as well.

bagger 288

Suspended
Reaction score
You should only use the Europe servers to climb hill. My climbing hill speeds with PIA are all above 20MB/s. You need to turn on port forwarding on the app and use the assigned port as well.

You all climb here climb there all over the places. Later "1 Good Man" will come here quote you say police and lawyers will come knocking on your door :D

luckyguitar

Reaction score
What u guys think of earthvpn? Seems cheapest around. 1 year 40 USD onli

Better do more research pls. I trialled around 10 vpns last year including earth vpn and i probably rank them near the bottom. I don't know if they have improved since. Morever it was always the same guy who replied to me, so its either a one man show or very small outfit. Good thing is they refunded me promptly during the trial period, so nothing lost.

Actually Astrill is pretty hard to beat in terms of speed and number of servers at that price, i'm still struggling to find any good alternative.

luckyguitar

Reaction score
The way I checked the latency and speeds was to visit Speedtest VQ website and run a speedtest and then check the same at speedtest.net.

Also their SG servers with virtual US IP are not recognized by Netflix.
I am disappointed with IPVanish. I am still searching for a good backup for Astrill.

IPvanish is pretty inconsistent, some of their servers are pretty fast and some extremely slow. Like you have mentioned, some servers have messed up IPs.

I am also searching for alternatives to Astrill, do let us know about your findings.

RoLanTo

Master Member
Reaction score
Better do more research pls. I trialled around 10 vpns last year including earth vpn and i probably rank them near the bottom. I don't know if they have improved since. Morever it was always the same guy who replied to me, so its either a one man show or very small outfit. Good thing is they refunded me promptly during the trial period, so nothing lost.

Actually Astrill is pretty hard to beat in terms of speed and number of servers at that price, i'm still struggling to find any good alternative.

i see.. may i ask why need alternative for astrill? is it they closing down?

stiwipl

Reaction score
i see.. may i ask why need alternative for astrill? is it they closing down?

They are not closing down. Some of us just like to have backup for certain reasons, be it backup of ISP connection, backup of VPN etc.

williamtyc

Reaction score
May i ask if 2 vpn can coexist at the same time? for example i install Astrill's app and purevpn's app together in my com. will they conflict one another? will only on one of them on any point of time.

stiwipl

Reaction score
May i ask if 2 vpn can coexist at the same time? for example i install Astrill's app and purevpn's app together in my com. will they conflict one another? will only on one of them on any point of time.

You can have as many VPN apps installed as you wish, but you can only run one at the same time.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.