SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

junny1

Reaction score
I have a question. Since I have booked my IPT-IPPT on 23/8/2014, I am very sure I will go for RT. So most probably I will have RT and it is extended to 12 months right? My last 3 months is from 9/10/2014 so I will extend until 8/10/2015. Can I know why is it yhat those in the extended RT program will have to wait for the stipulated RT-IPPT before they can exit? Cannot book a separate IPPT so don't have to go for any RT sessions? I can clear IPPT after completing IPT because it is easier now. IPT can exit by just clearing ippt but why for RT can only do so by RT-IPPT??

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
I have a question. Since I have booked my IPT-IPPT on 23/8/2014, I am very sure I will go for RT. So most probably I will have RT and it is extended to 12 months right? My last 3 months is from 9/10/2014 so I will extend until 8/10/2015. Can I know why is it yhat those in the extended RT program will have to wait for the stipulated RT-IPPT before they can exit? Cannot book a separate IPPT so don't have to go for any RT sessions? I can clear IPPT after completing IPT because it is easier now. IPT can exit by just clearing ippt but why for RT can only do so by RT-IPPT??

just book extra IPPT day after 1 sept and clear it loh

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the news about IPPT, the 1 year clear IPPT is start from 1st April 2015?

then those birthday like Apr May June July got until the day before their birthday or still the 9month must clear the old IPPT?

I suppose they follow the FY Standard, for FY2014, the new system havent kick in, so must take old 1

so if your birthday is b4 Apr 1st 2015 its still the old standard

the new system (Extension to 1 year) kicks in only AFTER apr 2015..

Last edited:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh stil got banding right?
they haven released the banding yet hor...

chaobuibui here, only want to clear and f off, no need $

junny1

Reaction score
I suppose they follow the FY Standard, for FY2014, the new system havent kick in, so must take old 1

so if your birthday is b4 Apr 1st 2015 its still the old standard

the new system (Extension to 1 year) kicks in only AFTER apr 2015..

Huh apr 2015? Not 1st sept 2014? The extension

junny1

Reaction score
Basically what i want to ask is:

I have book my IPT-IPPT on 23/8/2014. My RT window will start from 9/10/2014 to 9/1/2014. Suppose i fail my IPT-IPPT and since the new extension starts on 1st Sept :

1. Does this mean that my RT will extend to 1 year till 08/10/2015 since my 3 month RT window is AFTER 1st Sept 2014?

2. Why is there not an option where for those under 1 year RT program, we can book IPPT separately ( since it is easier to pass now). Instead, we can only take IPPT during the stipulated RT-IPPT session?

b. The RT window has been extended from 3 months to 12 months. In this window, NSmen must complete their 20-session RT programme. They will exit the RT programme if they (1) complete 20 sessions of RT; or (2) pass IPPT during the stipulated RT-IPPT sessions.

The IPPT window has been extended from 9 months to 12 months. In this window, NSmen must attempt and pass their IPPT test. Alternatively, they can volunteer for a 10-session IPT programme. They will exit the IPT programme if they (1) complete 10 sessions of IPT; or (2) meet their Personal Performance Targets.

3. As at 1 September 2014, NSmen who are still in their IPPT window will enjoy an automatic extension of their IPPT window by 3 months. Those within their 3-month RT window will have an extended RT window (i.e. remaining RT window + next 12-month window).

Question : Suppose i fail my IPT-IPPT on 23/8/2014, and my RT window starts 9/10/2014, am i considered under the IPPT extension or RT extension? And RT extension 1 year until 08/10/2015?

wargoku

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys I gt 1 question

let say my RT start on SEPT

so the new RT window is 12 month right?

do I still have to finish my current RT in 3 months? december

anyone know?

nelson7lim

Reaction score

I have book my IPT-IPPT on 23/8/2014. My RT window will start from 9/10/2014 to 9/1/2014. Suppose i fail my IPT-IPPT and since the new extension starts on 1st Sept :

1. Does this mean that my RT will extend to 1 year till 08/10/2015 since my 3 month RT window is AFTER 1st Sept 2014?

2. Why is there not an option where for those under 1 year RT program, we can book IPPT separately ( since it is easier to pass now). Instead, we can only take IPPT during the stipulated RT-IPPT session?

b. The RT window has been extended from 3 months to 12 months. In this window, NSmen must complete their 20-session RT programme. They will exit the RT programme if they (1) complete 20 sessions of RT; or (2) pass IPPT during the stipulated RT-IPPT sessions.

The IPPT window has been extended from 9 months to 12 months. In this window, NSmen must attempt and pass their IPPT test. Alternatively, they can volunteer for a 10-session IPT programme. They will exit the IPT programme if they (1) complete 10 sessions of IPT; or (2) meet their Personal Performance Targets.

3. As at 1 September 2014, NSmen who are still in their IPPT window will enjoy an automatic extension of their IPPT window by 3 months. Those within their 3-month RT window will have an extended RT window (i.e. remaining RT window + next 12-month window).

Question : Suppose i fail my IPT-IPPT on 23/8/2014, and my RT window starts 9/10/2014, am i considered under the IPPT extension or RT extension? And RT extension 1 year until 08/10/2015?

does it mean that if i complete 10 IPT session, but still never meet PPT, i don't need go for 8 RT session like last time?

Eddedd

Reaction score
does it mean that if i complete 10 IPT session, but still never meet PPT, i don't need go for 8 RT session like last time?

i would like to know too. 1 sep falls between my 3 mths RT phase...so i definitely kena the extension for RT, so i need to complete just 8 RT or 20 RT? or base on my completion of 10 IPT sessions and i am considered clear?

if need to do 20 RT, then this window i will be doing 10 IPT +20 RT...total 30 sessions? WTF?

Last edited:

junny1

Reaction score

Up please!!

PC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i would like to know too. 1 sep falls between my 3 mths RT phase...so i definitely kena the extension for RT, so i need to complete just 8 RT or 20 RT? or base on my completion of 10 IPT sessions and i am considered clear?

if need to do 20 RT, then this window i will be doing 10 IPT +20 RT...total 30 sessions? WTF?

me too, just finished IPT and 1 Sep is within my 3mths RT window. logically it should be 8 RT, if 20 RT let's complain together.

i check the self help in ns portal, if IPPT fail or PPT not met, RT is my current window + 12 months, so i believe it's still 10 IPT + 8 RT.

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me too, just finished IPT and 1 Sep is within my 3mths RT window. logically it should be 8 RT, if 20 RT let's complain together.

i check the self help in ns portal, if IPPT fail or PPT not met, RT is my current window + 12 months, so i believe it's still 10 IPT + 8 RT.

if i read correct ipt / rt remains the same, only the window period changed. Transitioning wise just the extension of windows affect u.

junny1

Reaction score

Since RT will extend to 1st sept, wont they make it 20 sessions alrdy? Alrdy new system and they will say we now have 12 months.

junny1

Reaction score
if i read correct ipt / rt remains the same, only the window period changed. Transitioning wise just the extension of windows affect u.

So that means if i fail my IPT-IPPT on 23/08/2014, my RT will start on 09/10/2014 and it will be extend to 12 months since it is after 1st sept and i only have to attend 8 sessions instead of 20 sessions? Wont they make it 20 sessions since the time is extended to 12 months now??

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since RT will extend to 1st sept, wont they make it 20 sessions alrdy? Alrdy new system and they will say we now have 12 months.

who would have to attend IPT if RT is 20 sessions for all...

it is still 10 IPT + 8 RT lah...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.