Microsoft Surface

GRAVESEED

Reaction score
Now they no longer have educational pricing like for the Surface RT in the past right?

That time one set of Surface RT only $250++

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

What's the total average battery life of i7 SP3 with Power Cover? Any idea?

Thanks

SomeH0w

Reaction score
I am looking forward to buy the power cover and docking station together with the i5 256 SP3. anyone has any idea whether the accessories will.be.here at comex?

Chips

Reaction score
I am looking forward to buy the power cover and docking station together with the i5 256 SP3. anyone has any idea whether the accessories will.be.here at comex?

I don't think they have released a power cover for SP3 so if you get the old power cover it will not fully cover the screen area as the dimensions are different.

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
Gosh I was trying to get more reviews... this fellow hits a average point about SP3.. it kinda sad to him it's not that perfect... but somehow... he is so right to the point...

What you guys say

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - YouTube

His point was from the casual user perspective so it's invalid for me.
I love the Surface Pro 3 because the equivalent Wacom Cintiq Companion costs $1500+ more.

I also love the fact that I'm going to use this in conjunction with Lightroom so I can import my photos from my DSLR on the go and edit on the go. (Fantastic display)

I also love the fact this can be used as a casual tablet with excellent browsing experience as I don't really use apps on my tablet. I'm now using the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. Great tablet, but not breathtaking. Lousy hardware quality.

I also am going to use this to play the upcoming Sims 4 when it comes out. No iPad or Galaxy Tab series will do that.

This is also going to be my secondary laptop with the MacBook Pro Retina 15 as my primary.

Microsoft's Office suite isn't going to be the reason I buy this tablet.
I prefer Apple's productivity suite.

All these points is why I decided to buy a Surface Pro 3.

Zoysia

Banned
Reaction score
Considering SP3 is about the same price as macbook pro, both are about the same price
But i rather get SP3 cos got touchscreen whereas apple dont have

SomeH0w

Reaction score
please recommend me some models! looking for i5, 128gb/256gb configurations below 1.6kg.

Depends on your usage. Both configurations are available and well your SP3 will definitely be below 1.6kg. 800g without keyboard, approx 1.1kg with the type cover pro.

If you feel that the 4 more gb of ram will benefit you, then well go ahead. To me I think it is important to be a little more future proof, so I am getting the 8gb of ram which only comes with 256GB or higher configurations, instead of the 4GB of ram with 128GB.

And more storage space won't hurt either.

miragez

Reaction score
Cool, does Microsoft immediately charge your credit card or till the unit has been delivered?

It stated it will charge a little due to Microsoft tax blah blah, but not the full amount. They will only deduct the full amount the moment the product arrived.

But until my bills comes I would know if they charged on it yet

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.