llooking for travel buddy on a working holiday

_Dave_

Reaction score
i'll be landing in auckland in mid-july. how's the shopping scene like over there? thinking whether to get coldwear in sg or akl, since sg quite exp :(

veryred

Reaction score
i'll be landing in auckland in mid-july. how's the shopping scene like over there? thinking whether to get coldwear in sg or akl, since sg quite exp :(

lol dont expect to buy nice fashionable stuff in auckland. most brands here are aussie or local brand and they are not very fashion forward people.
If you wanna buy winter clothes and not picky about designs can go to warehouse (cheap ass stuff). Or most nz people go thrift shopping - (buying second hand clothes). There are tons of thrift shop here and its up to you to find a gem. I seen a few decent winter jacket for 20nzd but it might not be your cuppa tea.

If you wanna get brand new nice winter coldwear prices are about the same.

_Dave_

Reaction score
thanks for the info! some friends have offered to lend me their jackets if i can't get nice cheap ones in sg :D heh

veryred

Reaction score
thanks for the info! some friends have offered to lend me their jackets if i can't get nice cheap ones in sg :D heh

no worries! Actually you can shop from taobao as well. I got my winter wears from taobao, pretty decent quality for the price I paid. When are you coming to auckland exact?

_Dave_

Reaction score
for me, quality > design. hope that the jackets i buy can last 5-10 yrs lol. havent tried taobao before; might consider it..

vincentchean

Reaction score
Didn't discover this thread when I was leaving sg to Nz. Anyway I am now in Nz since march 16. Wanted to extend another 3 months visa after the 6 months. However I got reservist in October. Anyone got any idea to defer it ?

veryred

Reaction score
Didn't discover this thread when I was leaving sg to Nz. Anyway I am now in Nz since march 16. Wanted to extend another 3 months visa after the 6 months. However I got reservist in October. Anyone got any idea to defer it ?

are you in auckland now?
sorry can't help with ns stuff but goodluck!

youatea

Reaction score
whops i did not check the thread. I am already in auckland for 2 over weeks. Will be here till mid july before I make my way down south. Are you in the area?

Hi, I am currently in Wellington. Drop me a note if you would like to meet up when you are in the area.

youatea(at)gmail(dot)com

_Dave_

Reaction score
Nope.. Think I mentioned to you before - I'm here to work full time :p

irwanmarley

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Kinda inspired after reading some of the replies here. I was planning to apply for the work holiday visa for Jan 2015 after my NS and was wondering if you guys can confirm that we Singaporeans need to present a Medical Cert and and Xray when applying.

veryred

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Kinda inspired after reading some of the replies here. I was planning to apply for the work holiday visa for Jan 2015 after my NS and was wondering if you guys can confirm that we Singaporeans need to present a Medical Cert and and Xray when applying.

no need:s13::s13:

orange1988

Reaction score
Hi guys..

Came upon this thread and its nice to know Singaporeans are keen on doing this as I met alot of pple doing working holidays in NZ and none of them are from Singapore! anw after hearing their sharing and stories it really kinda tempted me, and Im really interested in going for a working holiday in NZ while im still within the age requirement!

Actually been in NZ 2 mths ago for a 1 mth trip and I really kinda like the lifestyle there and would like to experience working and travelling at the same time. Planning to do a working holiday over there next year!

Anyone planning to do so next year too? Maybe we can do it together? haha..

And also, anyone know if its possible to do working holiday in other countries as well, australia for eg?? I only know singapore allows NZ but not other countries? But im sure there are ways rite?

Thanks and Cheers!

Appendix

Reaction score
Hi guys..

Came upon this thread and its nice to know Singaporeans are keen on doing this as I met alot of pple doing working holidays in NZ and none of them are from Singapore! anw after hearing their sharing and stories it really kinda tempted me, and Im really interested in going for a working holiday in NZ while im still within the age requirement!

Actually been in NZ 2 mths ago for a 1 mth trip and I really kinda like the lifestyle there and would like to experience working and travelling at the same time. Planning to do a working holiday over there next year!

And also, anyone know if its possible to do working holiday in other countries as well, australia for eg?? I only know singapore allows NZ but not other countries? But im sure there are ways rite?

Thanks and Cheers!

Hi, I'm interested in the trip and looking for a buddy as well. Feel free to update me with your plans :)

veryred

Reaction score
Hi guys..

Thanks and Cheers!

For Singaporeans, only can do in NZ :(

Oikonomia

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've the intention to do it in February. Anyone can fill me up on details? I'm kinda scared, I wouldn't mind if anyone were to join me on this. Thanks in advance. xoxo.

_Dave_

Reaction score
what are you scared of? :s11: just do it! i believe the people here can offer help if you need it :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.