Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has feedback on this Android DVB-T2 box?

931025738_262.jpg

I've also been looking for a DLNA and Miracast capable box, so if DVB-T2 reception works well then can save hassle with just 1 device hehe.

Price wise it's about twice that of DVB-T2-only boxes

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

You need a DVB-T2 indoor antenna with booster/amplifier function as the SCV point isn't made to transmit DVB-T2 signals.

:)

From what I know if you subscribe to cable TV then the SCV point will be activated to receive digital channels. For non-subscribers you can only receive analog channels

As for me I connected my 2 tvs through a splitter to the very old TV/FM point and I can receive digital channels.

ccchin

Reaction score
You need a DVB-T2 indoor antenna with booster/amplifier function as the SCV point isn't made to transmit DVB-T2 signals.

From what I know if you subscribe to cable TV then the SCV point will be activated to receive digital channels. For non-subscribers you can only receive analog channels

As for me I connected my 2 tvs through a splitter to the very old TV/FM point and I can receive digital channels.

Not all flats have MATV points as they are available only in old HDB flats. mingfreakrsx is correct. Besides payTV, the other official recommended way to watch Mediacorp DVB-T2 channels is to use a UHF antenna that is able to receive broadcast signals in the UHF channels 21~69 (470~862 MHz). Below is the link to the official FAQ,

MediaCorp Digital TV

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score

Yes, the SCV point transmit analog and digital DVB-C signals but not digital DVB-T/T2 signals.

Streetwise

Reaction score

Not true.......SCV point for NON-subcribers can rec'd digital...but in DVB-C

terry1

Reaction score
selling this extra set of avermedia game capture that can record programs on miotv, starhub cable, etc in full-hd 1080p mp4 format. the recordings are broken into multiple 8GB files. leave your contact to deal at $360

vlcsnap-2014-07-30-15h35m14s157_zps20b48894.png

vlcsnap-2014-07-30-15h47m26s56_zpsf18fbff1.png

41FlzGT5hcL.jpg

Last edited:

hotzouk

Reaction score
unable to record using usb and hdd for HD channel

I am unable to record HD channels and the error msg prompt was " USB SPEED TOO SLOW TO ACTION" normal channel is ok and tested. Any bros and sis out there facing the same problem or has solutions to this? :o Type wrongly its record not received.

Last edited:

Streetwise

Reaction score
I am unable to receive HD channels and the error msg prompt was " USB SPEED TOO SLOW TO ACTION" normal channel is ok and tested. Any bros and sis out there facing the same problem or has solutions to this? :o

U need to provide more info if u want pple to help. Eg, TV brand/model and is it DVBT2? Media box name/model? HDD attached?

PetiaC

Reaction score
I bought $3 Powerpac metal ring antenna in neighborhood shop for the 75 to 300 ohm balun.

My antenna is made from 2 pieces of steel wire bent into a www shape and clip to the balun with crocodile clip. The indoor antenna is hang under the window grilles, dun dare to put too high scared kena lightning strike.

so far my reception of the main 4 channels is in HD, Channel U, OKTO and CNA reception in SD and also not too clear with some jitter. Cannot find any Malaysia or Indo channel at all.

Area staying is Bukit Panjang

harry1990

Reaction score
What I saw on TV is :
CHANNEL 154
Please Subscribe to this channel, please call 1633.

got Dolby Audio 5.1 with chi and audio 2 dubbed.

hotzouk

Reaction score
U need to provide more info if u want pple to help. Eg, TV brand/model and is it DVBT2? Media box name/model? HDD attached?

I am using samsung smart led tv. Set top box is Draco HDT2 -7300 DVB T2. Tried with Hitachi 2.0 usb 750MB and Hitachi 3.0USB 500MB. Also tried with Scandisk 2.0USB 8GB. I tried them using FAT32 and NTFS both also smae result.

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My TV card is spoilt. Should I get a new TV card or get a TV box? My room have the "wall socket TV port".

2nd question is my sister room don't have the "wall socket TV port" because it is very old and never upgrade. If my sister want to watch TV program using laptop, does TV box works?

Uraku Asia

Reaction score
any STB with HDMI audio passthrough?

You can try this model SP1505-SS DVB-T2 HD Receiver from URAKU.

Support HDMI audio passthrough and downmix. :s22:

Another new function, this model can play RMVB, RM, FLV, MKV, MP4, etc.:s22:

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, the SCV point transmit analog and digital DVB-C signals but not digital DVB-T/T2 signals.

1. Does that mean if you got a DVBT2 TV but connect to SCV point (no subscription), you will not be able to receive HD; as SCV has no intend to transmit DVB-T2 but DVB-C ?

2. Will SCV be cutting off FTA analog channels in their cables in 2015/6?

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
1. Does that mean if you got a DVBT2 TV but connect to SCV point (no subscription), you will not be able to receive HD; as SCV has no intend to transmit DVB-T2 but DVB-C ?

2. Will SCV be cutting off FTA analog channels in their cables in 2015/6?

1. Yes, you are correct but if you have a DVB-T2/DVB-C TV, you can receive only HD5 through the SCV point.

2. I have enquired this with StarHub, but they say they currently don't have info whether SCV will still carry FTA analog channels after 2016. However, if Mediacorp shuts down its SD channels in the future, StarHub can't carry Mediacorp SD channels through the SCV point too.

Streetwise

Reaction score
I am using samsung smart led tv. Set top box is Draco HDT2 -7300 DVB T2. Tried with Hitachi 2.0 usb 750MB and Hitachi 3.0USB 500MB. Also tried with Scandisk 2.0USB 8GB. I tried them using FAT32 and NTFS both also smae result.

On not being able to rec'd HD channels...u do know that full implementation of DVBT2 will happen in 2016. If u've MATV(rooftop antenna - only older flats hve), try tat. If no, u can try connecting a external booster antenna.

On the HDD error....seems like the usb not supplying enough power to ur drives...thus, u getting the msg.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Yes, you are correct but if you have a DVB-T2/DVB-C TV, you can receive only HD5 through the SCV point.

2. I have enquired this with StarHub, but they say they currently don't have info whether SCV will still carry FTA analog channels after 2016. However, if Mediacorp shuts down its SD channels in the future, StarHub can't carry Mediacorp SD channels through the SCV point too.

I wonder if this is just nonsense... cos the MDA FAQ says that if you have either a Starhub or Mio set top box, you will have no problem receiving the FTA HD channels. But the Starhub set top box takes it signal from the SCV junction box in every home in Singapore... so I can't imagine how you can't receive the FTA HD channels via the SCV junction box... how else would Starhub send the signal to your set top box?

Unless after 2016, Starhub switches over to IPTV completely. Which the new HD Interactive set top box has provision for... and in any case, it seems that for now, Starhub will have to send the FTA HD channels via the current cable network since that is promised by MDA but it also is strange that only HD5 is carried now and not HD8... someone here said later this year, but that's just an educated guess... so I wonder...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And I checked the Mediacorp website again... very sian... my new place is in Jurong West but the rollout is scheduled only for 2015-2016... which means I buy an antenna also no use for now since the signal is probably non-existent... and so that leaves me with plugging the TV in my bedroom to the SCV wall point... which means SD for all channels on a 40 inch full HD TV... which means crap picture quality...

Anyone here lives in Jurong West (near Jurong Point Mall) and is able to receive all the channels using one of the standard antennas sold in the large electronics shops like Best Denki or Courts, etc? Many thanks in advance!

chuppachop

Reaction score
StarHub is still issuing out SD Hubstation to their broadband customers on 2 yrs contract. By doing so, they are further delaying the rollout of HD n shutting down of MediaCorp SD chs. Cos they will argue n said they still have customers with SD boxes. That is StarHub bo chap attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.