Microsoft Surface

SomeH0w

Reaction score
I might be slow but...
http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-sg/accessories/browse
SP3 Docking Station for only $288, now for pre-order! :D

Too bad it ships starting 12 Sept.

Tech Specs
3 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet port, 3.5mm audio input/output connection, Mini DisplayPort
Security lock slot
Innovative design leaves the Mini DisplayPort and USB 3.0 port on your device available for use when docked

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
It stated it will charge a little due to Microsoft tax blah blah, but not the full amount. They will only deduct the full amount the moment the product arrived.

But until my bills comes I would know if they charged on it yet

Hmm.. still wondering if should pre-order from Challenger or direct from Microsoft

miragez

Reaction score

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

i think challenger more free gift.. case+portable hdd.. but only microsoft have student discount

You sure Challenger offers more gifts? I just checked Challenger@Jurong Point and they said everything they offer will be the same as MS except that member can get more points

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Any news whether MS will be at COMEX this month end?

Will try to get the i7 8GB RAM 256 GB SSD unit. Best with Power Cover for SP3, if available.

alyssax

Reaction score
Depends on your usage. Both configurations are available and well your SP3 will definitely be below 1.6kg. 800g without keyboard, approx 1.1kg with the type cover pro.

If you feel that the 4 more gb of ram will benefit you, then well go ahead. To me I think it is important to be a little more future proof, so I am getting the 8gb of ram which only comes with 256GB or higher configurations, instead of the 4GB of ram with 128GB.

And more storage space won't hurt either.

hello, what i meant is recommendations for other notebook models since you said you can buy an ultra thin PC at lower prices. i don't need a touchscreen so the sp3 is a bit excessive for me - mainly using it as a word processor + watch movies. thanks!

Chips

Reaction score
Saw Surface Pro 3 demo set at suntec Digital Style shop with a good pre-order offer. Get $100 accessories voucher that can be used on the type cover

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
hello, what i meant is recommendations for other notebook models since you said you can buy an ultra thin PC at lower prices. i don't need a touchscreen so the sp3 is a bit excessive for me - mainly using it as a word processor + watch movies. thanks!

Means you don't even need a powerful PC.
Try Asus Transformer T100.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Was at Challenger@Bugis Junction and SP3 pre-order comes with $120 voucher for VALORE products. Only for members.

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
think the newstead promo is similar to challenger. Both have to use POSB/DBS credit card to get the exclusive bag and voucher.

Only direct from Microsoft can get student discount.

hmmm.. dilemma

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

OK, after playing with it, just pre-ordered the I7 256SSD 8GB one from Digital Style@Suntec City Mall

alyssax

Reaction score
Means you don't even need a powerful PC.
Try Asus Transformer T100.

the t100 is too small for me, and i don't like how the keyboard is so flimsy. im looking for something with 12-13" screen. i typically have 10-20 broswer tabs open and anything from 5 to 20 pdf/word documents open for reference so I need something that can cope with that. thanks!

miragez

Reaction score
Was at Challenger@Bugis Junction and SP3 pre-order comes with $120 voucher for VALORE products. Only for members.

So the voucher is only available for VALORE products and not microsoft product, is this across all challenger stores ? Or specific only. From what I think it should be the same across all the stores.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the t100 is too small for me, and i don't like how the keyboard is so flimsy. im looking for something with 12-13" screen. i typically have 10-20 broswer tabs open and anything from 5 to 20 pdf/word documents open for reference so I need something that can cope with that. thanks!

Toshiba has an ultrabook thats 1.1kg light with 13inch screen if i rmb correctly. Did you do any research prior to coming on the forums to ask?:s13:Might help if you tell us what you've considered

If you're looking for a notebook then this is the wrong forum section

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.