Buy or wait?

palmtungsten

Reaction score
You can wait till Nov or Dec? You may not need latest iPad for use.. Current iPad Air is very light..
Likely to buy iPad and usually can stop upgrading iPad for years..

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
a latest ipad least can last u about 2 years before u feel its slow.

GRAVESEED

Reaction score
a latest ipad least can last u about 2 years before u feel its slow.

Slow as in the iPad's processing power will get slower over time due to age, or is it because the apps coming out require a better processor etc etc?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
refresh cycle for iPad nw typically in oct. I would have waited if it was me.

punggolkid

Reaction score
There are iPad Airs already in the refurbished section on the Apple Online Store. Might be worth it for those looking to get one now at the discount.

kenzone7

Reaction score
is the new Ipad air 2 coming out soon?
should i wait or buy an Ipad air now?

If u choose to wait, it should be because:
1) You want a faster processor (if u are not a high-end iPad gamer, this may not make a big difference, IMO)
2) You want a fingerprint scanner ala the iPhone 5s (not really a big deal as you can easily secure the iPad with a password, and unlike the iPhone, chances are the iPad is not used in such a way that speed is so essential to unlock it)
3) You want a "better" camera (next-gen iPad Air rumoured to come with better cam specs, but seriously, do u really like to use your iPad to take photos or videos??)

Next-gen iPad Air is rumoured to have similar form factor and physical look (based on leaked photos of casing shell), so, cosmetics-wise, there's also very little reason to wait.

Frankly, Apple is running out of game-changing ideas for their line of products. They think they can con us to buying the latest version just by tweaking specs like processor, cam etc. Even the latest iMac "refresh" consists of merely a lower-cost alternative to a 2012 model. Boring.

i'am in love

Reaction score
If u choose to wait, it should be because:
1) You want a faster processor (if u are not a high-end iPad gamer, this may not make a big difference, IMO)
2) You want a fingerprint scanner ala the iPhone 5s (not really a big deal as you can easily secure the iPad with a password, and unlike the iPhone, chances are the iPad is not used in such a way that speed is so essential to unlock it)
3) You want a "better" camera (next-gen iPad Air rumoured to come with better cam specs, but seriously, do u really like to use your iPad to take photos or videos??)

Next-gen iPad Air is rumoured to have similar form factor and physical look (based on leaked photos of casing shell), so, cosmetics-wise, there's also very little reason to wait.

Frankly, Apple is running out of game-changing ideas for their line of products. They think they can con us to buying the latest version just by tweaking specs like processor, cam etc. Even the latest iMac "refresh" consists of merely a lower-cost alternative to a 2012 model. Boring.

Finally, something constructive :D

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
Didn't wait in the end. Bought a brand new 64gb iPad air for $700. Did I make the right choice?

Hi, do u mind sharing where to get it for $700? im getting an ipad air 64gb but seeing the price are above $800 mostly. PM me can? thanks alot:D

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
same question! buy or wait!??

im only getting ipad air, NOT ipad air 2 as I dun need any improved spec. but with ipad air 2 coming out, rumors saying end sept/oct. will there be a drop in ipad air price? 10% price drop? my friend say it can even be a $200 drop.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Depend of user lor,,, technical should wait for new model to check the spec. If you are not interested in spec things... just buy. :eek:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.