Post your food photo here (local) - Part 2

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score

dbs/posb card can get discount

is their ion orchard branch still open?

yea..

Yes still there, was there on a weekday afternoon at 4 pm and the qqqqqqqqqq was at least 15 ppl long. Seriously I never tried before and I don't think any fried chicken is so nice to be worth queing for.

i queued for the airport opening, i didnt like. but i will go back second time later this month to try other food since i got their vouchers

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee @ 534 MacPherson Road.

S$5 portion. I like the qq ban mian & potent chili. :lick:

LiquidShaDow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A chirashi don from Kaiho Sushi

IMG_5799.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Ryoshi Sushi Ikeikemaru at Liang Court after my lunch at Ginza Kuroson to try out their sushi. Since they were sister restaurants, I had thought the food was going to be comparable but ended up I didn't really enjoyed it after spending more than double of what I had at Ginza Kuroson.

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0001.jpg

Ryoshi Sushi Ikeikemaru
Basement 1, #B1-48
Liang Court
177 River Valley Road
Singapore 179030
Tel: 6337 1022

Opening Hours
11am - 10.30pm

Counter Seats with the revolving sushi belt.

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0002.jpg

Daimyo Anago (Big Sea Eel) S$6.80 - Not as good as the one I had at The Sushi Bar which had a thick cut of eel.

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0003.jpg

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0004.jpg

Unagi Sushi - Although it look like just a piece, there were 2 in fact. Nothing special and not worth for the S$3.80 paid.

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0005.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ika Mentaiko (S$2.80) - This sushi look unique with the combination of Squid with Seasoned Cod Roe. The salty roe gave the otherwise squid a lift in the taste department. Doesn't impress me at all.

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0006.jpg

I had more than my fair share of Hotate Sushi (S$1.80) from those pre-packed sushi stalls often enough so this was no big deal either.

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0007.jpg

Aburi Salmon (S$2.80) - Seared Salmon served with ponzu mixed with grated radish but taste wise is so so only.

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0008.jpg

Hokkaido Ohhotate (S$4.80) - They dare call this Big Hokkaido Scallop!? Compared this to the BBQ Scallop I had in Hokkaido, this was just a small piece. It also did not taste fresh at all.

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0009.jpg

Tokujyo Uni (S$6.80) - I had no intention of ordering this Special Sea Urchin Gukan but the person sitting next to me had it and it look yummy. Not too bad and it doesn't have that metallic taste.

RyoshiSushiIkeikemaru-0010.jpg

In total I paid close to S$50 and the manager who manned the cashier did not even give me the receipt. I doubts I will be going back there any time soon.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Japanese chefs ? :s11:

Went to Ryoshi Sushi Ikeikemaru at Liang Court after my lunch at Ginza Kuroson to try out their sushi. Since they were sister restaurants, I had thought the food was going to be comparable but ended up I didn't really enjoyed it after spending more than double of what I had at Ginza Kuroson.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to go try the steaks at Hippopotamus Restaurant Grill since they opened here a few years ago. Saved for a few tables occupied, there weren't much diners on a late afternoon. Thought of using the NTUC Link card to get 10% off for a minimum spending of S$50 but alas, they have changed it to S$60.

Hippopotamus-0001.jpg

Hippopotamus Restaurant Grill
6 Raffles Boulevard, #01-204/205
Marina Square
Singapore 039594
Tel: 63385352

Opening Hours
11am - 10.30pm (daily)

The Complimentary Bread was served warm with a square of butter beside.

Hippopotamus-0002.jpg

In the end I chose the Rack of Lamb since there was nothing interesting in the beef department. The lamb had none of the gamey taste that would put off most eaters and the bits of charred meat gave it a nice smokey flavour. I picked potato gratin and boiled vegetables for the sides along with mushroom sauce.

Hippopotamus-0003.jpg

Hippopotamus-0004.jpg

For dessert I had the French Toast Nutella with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Hippopotamus-0005.jpg

Considering I paid around S$50 for the meal which was not really value for money and worst the service was subpar. These was during their dull period in the late afternoon and yet the lone wait staff manning this corner of the restaurant was taking her own sweet time clearing plates and cleaning up the tables. I have to signal her to top up the water.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i walked past this place recently... i think last time it used to be occupied by EwF...? it was lunch time on a sat... it seems interesting and i was considering whether to go in to try... but there wasn't a single soul inside plus i didn't see any menu pricing from outside the store... in the end i didn't go inside... :o

regards,
wacky

CEILJO

Reaction score
i walked past this place recently... i think last time it used to be occupied by EwF...? it was lunch time on a sat... it seems interesting and i was considering whether to go in to try... but there wasn't a single soul inside plus i didn't see any menu pricing from outside the store... in the end i didn't go inside... :o

regards,
wacky

I was there last Saturday during lunch too. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.