Microsoft Surface

datbac2

Reaction score
Microsoft support is really quite bad.

I asked about getting this 30% off after I have already pre-ordered a surface and type cover in July when I saw that students got the 10% off.

Just wanted to see if they could give me the 30% off as well or give me some free gifts/vouchers etc to compensate.

After all, this promotion punishes those who ordered early since the product hasn't been shipped out yet but all I got was an email to tell me that there is nothing they could do for me.

Just a little disappointed with the sales team and PR people.

echoblue

Reaction score
Microsoft support is really quite bad.

I asked about getting this 30% off after I have already pre-ordered a surface and type cover in July when I saw that students got the 10% off.

Just wanted to see if they could give me the 30% off as well or give me some free gifts/vouchers etc to compensate.

After all, this promotion punishes those who ordered early since the product hasn't been shipped out yet but all I got was an email to tell me that there is nothing they could do for me.

Just a little disappointed with the sales team and PR people.

Is the student offer still available? If yes, maybe order another one and cancel your first order? I know this is a bit of an obvious suggestion. If you already did so, just ignore this :)

aural

Reaction score
Can try to contact the call centre:
Microsoft Sales and Customer Support
Singapore Store: 1-800-818-5224

The front page still says get 30% off for student price. They should honour it.

I saw the super fine print that the discount ends 13/08/2014.
But the banner big big still put online.

miragez

Reaction score
Is the student offer still available? If yes, maybe order another one and cancel your first order? I know this is a bit of an obvious suggestion. If you already did so, just ignore this :)

You can only once with the student offer, if you order earlier, means you already used up your chance to purchase another sets something which is similar to student price of apple.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys. Anyone wishing full body protection? Read that while the screen don't scratch, the body might.

My MacBook Pro also scratched a bit lol

Reaction score
Guys. Anyone wishing full body protection? Read that while the screen don't scratch, the body might.

i'm interested but there's a lack of good ones out there. think need to give it a couple of months..

as for screen protector, a lot of feedback saying it affects the sensitivity and responsivness

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm interested but there's a lack of good ones out there. think need to give it a couple of months..

as for screen protector, a lot of feedback saying it affects the sensitivity and responsivness

I saw a number of transparent ones on Amazon. However, if it works like Zagg, it makes the surface shiny and it may get "yellow" after a while.

Trying to search for stickers instead but cannot find lol

prelude

Reaction score

Difficult to get full protection as there is the kick stand to stand in the way.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Difficult to get full protection as there is the kick stand to stand in the way.

True if you are referring to drop protection. But if you are looking for anti scratch protection, there are options out there but need to order from overseas.

revolta

Reaction score
does the pre order set come with screen protector?
Cannot find any screen protector sell by microsoft web page.

Is there any cheap and convenient way to have this SP3 to have GPS function ?

wow, i order too early liao, now got 10% student discount. WTF

Reaction score
hi guys, i was looking around for nice covers, which we know majority do not allow the sp3 to use their own kickstands. (the covers have their own)

so taking that into consideration, i wanted a cover that i can remove the sp3 easily should i want to use sp3's kickstand.

came across this;

Cobalt Blue for<br />Surface Pro 3 - Surface Cases - Cases - Protective Cover - Maroo Products

Woodland Red for<br />Surface Pro 3 - Surface Cases - Cases - Protective Cover - Maroo Products

looks neat,slim and professional. would be great it you guys found anything better than this too!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.