Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamyxq

Reaction score
Makan = makan by SCB to go drink kopi
Tax = makan by govt and into the pocket of white shirts?

I guess..

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi got a question related to SCB trading acc

1) Am I able to do contra using this platform?

Coz I realize after the trade goes through, but my physical funds doesn't get deducted after like 3 days.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Coz I realize after the trade goes through, but my physical funds doesn't get deducted after like 3 days.
Nope. The fund aren't deducted but you can't use them again or move them out of the securities account. Just try it out yourself. :)

Bedokian

Reaction score
hi, US stocks that gives dividends, will SCB makan some or tax some of it?

No, you will get whatever that was declared by the company. I had just received my AAPL dividends and I really got USD0.47 x number of shares I own.

The only thing deducted would be the 30% withholding tax.

power789

Master Member
Reaction score
No, you will get whatever that was declared by the company. I had just received my AAPL dividends and I really got USD0.47 x number of shares I own.

++

thx

guess SCB isnt that bad afterall, some banks they will take a percentage when u receive dividends, i am like wtf.......

scb exchange rate also quite ok rite :s11:

Bedokian

Reaction score
++

thx

guess SCB isnt that bad afterall, some banks they will take a percentage when u receive dividends, i am like wtf.......

scb exchange rate also quite ok rite :s11:

The big minus point is the huge bid/ask spread on USD conversion. I remembered sometime last month the spread was around 1.22x / 1.25x, when the actual exchange rate was 1.24x. So don't convert to and fro often.

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nope. The fund aren't deducted but you can't use them again or move them out of the securities account. Just try it out yourself. :)

Sorry got another question.

so does it means i couldn't carry out another trade unless i pump in more money?

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

even if you have the W-8BEN filled up, they will still deduct 30% tax? :(

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
even if you have the W-8BEN filled up, they will still deduct 30% tax? :(

W3ben form is to let you Siam capital gain tax lah

Do u know your dividend received from sgx stocks are also tax?? And what u received are net dividend too?? Just that the tax is not 30%

silphscope

Reaction score

Do u know your dividend received from sgx stocks are also tax?? And what u received are net dividend too?? Just that the tax is not 30%

Dividends come from company profits which are already taxed. So dividends are not taxed as there is no double taxation.

But yeah, in a way it is a 'net' dividend. ;)

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ok, thanks, some are taxed at source so very confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.