Microsoft Surface

lrt2014

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88015788 said:
Anybody keen? About US$24 per piece after discount.
If got enough people interested can even DHL over!

Don't exactly want covers because the SP3 Kickstand is awesome ;)

Am looking at stickers too. This is $10 cheaper than the stickerboy series which got good reviews..

stickerboy.net/pages/microsoft-surface-pro-3-skin-series

Am interested if it is as good. Apparently stickerboy used 3m stickers which can be removed withoutrresidues.

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am looking at stickers too. This is $10 cheaper than the stickerboy series which got good reviews..

stickerboy.net/pages/microsoft-surface-pro-3-skin-series

Am interested if it is as good. Apparently stickerboy used 3m stickers which can be removed withoutrresidues.
iCarbon is also using 3M stickers - so I would expect the same quality. Saw it elsewhere highly recommended by others, so I thought of giving it a try here :).

See if there's enough interest and maybe can organize a mini one off MO!

altca4

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88016426 said:
iCarbon is also using 3M stickers - so I would expect the same quality. Saw it elsewhere highly recommended by others, so I thought of giving it a try here :).

See if there's enough interest and maybe can organize a mini one off MO!

I am interested *hands up

expositox

Reaction score
I've personally used iCarbons before, when the skin they sent me tore upon application, they sent me another one absolutely free of charge. Excellent customer service.

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Am struggling between the Surface Pro 3 i5/8GB/256GB and the MacBook Pro Retina 13 256GB.

At $1911 vs S1988

Surface Pro 3 has worse off overall performance (on paper) versus MacBook Pro (OS & productivity tools aside). But it is lighter.

If I need a tablet, the iPad Air beats the Surface Pro 3 for handy, light weight, pure content consumption (again OS and productivity tools aside). But the Surface Pro 3 is a 2-in-1 which eliminates the need of carrying a laptop and a tablet.

Decisions decisions dilemma dilemma...

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am struggling between the Surface Pro 3 i5/8GB/256GB and the MacBook Pro Retina 13 256GB.

At $1911 vs S1988

Surface Pro 3 has worse off overall performance (on paper) versus MacBook Pro (OS & productivity tools aside). But it is lighter.

If I need a tablet, the iPad Air beats the Surface Pro 3 for handy, light weight, pure content consumption (again OS and productivity tools aside). But the Surface Pro 3 is a 2-in-1 which eliminates the need of carrying a laptop and a tablet.

Decisions decisions dilemma dilemma...

;) you'll never know when you need a tablet or a notebook, and you don't have to lug 2 devices along..

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
;) you'll never know when you need a tablet or a notebook, and you don't have to lug 2 devices along..

Yeah. That's the greatest appeal of the Surface Pro 3.

Then again, as the saying goes "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" :(

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
A tablet will never be as good as a laptop. Oops, so is surface pro 3 considered a tablet too? :s13:

Not sure if you all are aware that since the arrival if the first surface pro and surface rt, the surface pro is marketed as 'notebook in tablet form and capabilities' and the surface rt is marketed as 'tablet with notebook capabilities'. So rt is a tablet that can do proper office documents and pro is a normal ultrabook that's in tablet form. :)

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score

Yes, I got this thought too. So I got a Thinkpad 8 which is superior than nexus 7 in every aspect except the price point haha. If my scholarship covers notebook allowance of up to 2k I will buy surface pro 3 i7 256gb to replace my surface pro 1 :) loving surface pro 3, maybe cos I am used to doing my reports and research using a 10 inch surface pro 1, the 3 looks very useful for note taking cos they improved user experience and feel of the stylus. :)

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got this thought too. So I got a Thinkpad 8 which is superior than nexus 7 in every aspect except the price point haha. If my scholarship covers notebook allowance of up to 2k I will buy surface pro 3 i7 256gb to replace my surface pro 1 :) loving surface pro 3, maybe cos I am used to doing my reports and research using a 10 inch surface pro 1, the 3 looks very useful for note taking cos they improved user experience and feel of the stylus. :)

Don't get the i7, after using my i5 and reading the forums in MS i7 seems to have heat issues. The design is too compact to house this power horse.

lrt2014

Reaction score
Not sure if you all are aware that since the arrival if the first surface pro and surface rt, the surface pro is marketed as 'notebook in tablet form and capabilities' and the surface rt is marketed as 'tablet with notebook capabilities'. So rt is a tablet that can do proper office documents and pro is a normal ultrabook that's in tablet form. :)

Fact is I didn't buy SP3 to replace the iPad. Apps are what defines a tablet and iPad is untouchable. I got SP3 because it is the sexiest ultrabook with powerful enough processor. It also comes with a pen which brings it one level above ultra books. If there are any good apps, it is a bonus. But that's just me.

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Err... the SP3 doesn't come with keyboard or stylus. They are sold separately and comes up to an additional nearly $400.

Add that to the SP3.

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Fact is I didn't buy SP3 to replace the iPad. Apps are what defines a tablet and iPad is untouchable. I got SP3 because it is the sexiest ultrabook with powerful enough processor. It also comes with a pen which brings it one level above ultra books. If there are any good apps, it is a bonus. But that's just me.

Yup, I wouldnt recommend people to replace iPad/android tablet with surface pro cos they serve different purpose. But among all ultrabooks, either MacOS with MBA or Windows with Surface pro 3 :) or MBA dual boot if feeling rich :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.