Freshies, do u know that helping a senior to get a room will have consequences?

siandiao

Reaction score
Such act is not allowed in NTU rules and regulations. So what will happen if you do that?
1) If your senior gets caught for staying in the room, registered under your name, both of you will be evicted.
2) Eviction means you can never ever stay in hall, as you'll be blacklisted
3) Worse is, if the senior you are helping has not paid the full hall fees, you are the one liable to pay for it despite eviction, since the room is under your name.

Hope you can foresee the consequences before accepting that little amount of premium that your senior is offering you.

For those asking for sources:

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/has/Undergraduate/HallsofResidence/Documents/HallRules.pdf

Section 4b, c, and section 5

Last edited:

saysuzu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm..i don't see any logic behind in a junior helping senior find room...thought it's the other awy round

siandiao

Reaction score
hmm..i don't see any logic behind in a junior helping senior find room...thought it's the other awy round
freshies guaranteed a room. seniors had a hard time getting room becoz they cannot meet cut-off. hence the exploitation of freshies to help them guarantee a room

quasar89

Reaction score

juniors/freshies are guaranteed rooms when they apply. Maybe not all but still priority is given to the freshies. hence seniors need to rely on juniors

siandiao

Reaction score
juniors/freshies are guaranteed rooms when they apply. Maybe not all but still priority is given to the freshies. hence seniors need to rely on juniors
all freshies will be given a room when they apply now. which could be a contributing factor as to the crazy-high cut off point for HAS, since there r lesser and lesser rooms for seniors, with ever-increasing freshie intake

siandiao

Reaction score
since the freshie application date is over, this post will be unstickied until the next academic year :)

happi123

Reaction score
all freshies will be given a room when they apply now. which could be a contributing factor as to the crazy-high cut off point for HAS, since there r lesser and lesser rooms for seniors, with ever-increasing freshie intake

New halls have been built in NTU. more new halls are coming up. In a few years time, there will be enough for everyone. No more of such a problem:)

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
New halls have been built in NTU. more new halls are coming up. In a few years time, there will be enough for everyone. No more of such a problem:)
there n then, then say rah. now hv to resolve current issue tio bo?

siandiao

Reaction score
ive heard of admin painting such rosy pictures since 2007. when I asked them, "so NTU will never increase overall intake?", they talked about slowing of intake, etc, etc. So far, undergrad intake did not slow down.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
ive heard of admin painting such rosy pictures since 2007. when I asked them, "so NTU will never increase overall intake?", they talked about slowing of intake, etc, etc. So far, undergrad intake did not slow down.

increase intake: not happy, very competitive to get hall
decrease intake: not happy, very competitive to get placing in uni
build more halls: not happy, money can go into research, help needy students instead. waste of land can build more HDB instead.

In the end also NTU/govt cfm will lose sia.

siandiao

Reaction score
increase intake: not happy, very competitive to get hall
decrease intake: not happy, very competitive to get placing in uni
build more halls: not happy, money can go into research, help needy students instead. waste of land can build more HDB instead.

In the end also NTU/govt cfm will lose sia.
Don't see what has this got to do with my statement. I'm stating a fact. Not whether people are happy or not.

Anyway, thread re-stickied

hightension486

Reaction score
I heard NTU has increased the hall rates like ridiculously high since 2 years ago despite having new halls? Wonder what the leasing office is doing...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.