I will go northpount

Tan ah... people kpkb in edmw liao

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the whole table add together also lose to him :eek:

Yah, his "full" means he is just full of one food item :s13:

I prefer to see it as 'full of crap' :s13: then again, i always see the best side of ppl ...

Got so fierce or not........

Err, let me recall, he basically ate a ton of stuff, then polished off a whole tray of prawns or issit 2 trays? Proclaimed tat he is finally 'full', then came back with another plate full of food ... :eek:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ala Carte Chinese Buffet @ Dragoncity 2 ...the sequel :s13:

Date: Sat 30 Aug
Time: abt 12.30pm
Loc: Joo Chiat
Price: $14 via voucher

Taste wise its subjective, but i find most of the dishes (those i tried at least) quite decent, with some pretty good ones. Definitely enjoyed the food.

Value wise ... frankly, i dun know how they can make $ at this price :p

For dragoncity, vouchers purchased liao. If you can't make it, pls get a replacement to take over your voucher.

Looking for more mouths so tat can try more dishes. For a inkling of wats available, check out :-
Only $13.80 For All-You-Can-Eat Taiwan Porridge Lunch Buffet at DragonCity With Over 50 Varieties

Participants
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. jgyy1990 *puppie taking over*
4. Clay Pot
5. striker22
6. lengbebe
7. Kahlan

==========================================================

Ala Carte Buffet Dinner @ Peach Garden Miramar
Date :- Thu 03 Sep
Time :- 6.30pm
Price :- 30.80++ (iirc :D ) with 4 pay 3 promo, so abt $31 nett

Participants
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. jgyy
4. jt (TBC)/carey (TBC)/
*Due to 4 pay 3 promo, the outing is only confirmed if we hit 8 pax, or just nice got 4 pax*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wagyu BBQ n Sashimi Buffet Lunch @ 10kaichi
Date: Sat 20 Sep
Time: 12pm
Place: Keypoint/Citygate (beach road area)
Price: 50.80 voucher price (after adding in service charge is abt 56.30 nett)

Note: Voucher does not include drinks n ice cream. Free flow option for drinks n ice cream is chargable at extra 5+. Normal retail price is 54.90+ (60.40nett), also without drinks n ice cream, so voucher is cheaper by $4.10.

Click for voucher n menu

Yes, confirmed that they will have wagyu rosu.

Participants
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. jgyy

*Note, this one needs min 2 diners, so if you can't make it at last min, you might have probs using your voucher on another date if you can't get another person to join you, so pls ensure you can make it before getting the voucher*

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want peach garden and wagyu. I will take leave fot wagyu

K, added you in for both peach n 10kachi. For 10kachi, i go ahead n get the voucher for you liao har.

You working on sat ah? Poor thing :D If all okay, can go on Sun 21 Sep too.

Last edited:

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
Mon really not a good day to dine out if you like porkie. Marriott can actually run out of their pork saddle ... chef said those yaoguis ate them all up on Sun ... makes sense since its their last day out afterall :D

Even xiao jiang nan's Xiao long bao pork fillings also not as good on Mon.

Btw, no special again ... pasta sauce I mean ;p ... 3rd chef I asked liao. However he pan fried some garlic, then add the tomato sauce n lastly chilli flakes. Also nice, esp with the Crayfish.

Pork saddle from BUFFET can run out? Lol.it would be acceptable if they replace with something equivalent or of a better grade. If just quietly remove without a replacement, then this buffet line should be prepared to be blast. Im okay spending $70 for a sunday lunch but to see them remove due to out of stock is totally uncalled for.

Try asking for mix sauce. I usually have that with the black squid ink spaghetti. Very tasty.

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
got any buffet other than 1 market which is about 25 dollars? tia

A decent / acceptable buffet cost around $30-$40. Buffet town is one of those.

Anything below that, you may want to rethink before you happily queue for it. UNLESS it is korean bbq.

Seoul garden, and those buffet steamboat near bugis may be within the budget range of yours bro. But i would strongly urge you to up your budget abit for more quality and taste assurance.

newstranger

Reaction score
A decent / acceptable buffet cost around $30-$40. Buffet town is one of those.

Anything below that, you may want to rethink before you happily queue for it. UNLESS it is korean bbq.

Seoul garden, and those buffet steamboat near bugis may be within the budget range of yours bro. But i would strongly urge you to up your budget abit for more quality and taste assurance.

seoul gardern tried before. dun like. thanks for the advice bro. I go makan thread and ask got which good restaurant under $20. if still no go then just go old airport road hawker......

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
seoul gardern tried before. dun like. thanks for the advice bro. I go makan thread and ask got which good restaurant under $20. if still no go then just go old airport road hawker......

Seoul garden cmi bro.
Usually if i were to eat buffet, marriot, greenhouse, the line would be the usual.why? Prices are reasonable and justifiable with quality.

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pork saddle from BUFFET can run out? Lol.it would be acceptable if they replace with something equivalent or of a better grade. If just quietly remove without a replacement, then this buffet line should be prepared to be blast. Im okay spending $70 for a sunday lunch but to see them remove due to out of stock is totally uncalled for.

Try asking for mix sauce. I usually have that with the black squid ink spaghetti. Very tasty.

Mon no fresh pork supply. Anyways, i only eat a bit of the crispy skin n fats nia. Find the meat portion too dry n tough. So i dun really mind tat its not available ... but must still voice out to the chef :s13: They replaced it with baked salmon. Funny thing is, they have pan fried salmon as 1 of their hot dish too. Of cos i also pointed tat out to the chef :D

K, i try again. Maybe 4th time lucky. Hmmm, come to tink of it, today also dun have squid ink pasta. Gena sai :s8:

got any buffet other than 1 market which is about 25 dollars? tia

Errr, 1 market for weekday lunch above > $25 wor. Low 30s iirc. Dinner will be way above 30 liao.

Square@Furama? Tat one lunch around $30 after 1 for 1 promo. Dinner abt mid 30s.

Zenden around $25 after 1 for 1. Small spread though, but i still find it quite okay for the price.

Last edited:

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro let me know if you have any feedbacks. Will bring it to executive chef during my next visit.

Mon no fresh pork supply. Anyways, i only eat a bit of the crispy skin n fats nia. Find the meat portion too dry n tough. So i dun really mind tat its not available ... but must still voice out to the chef :s13: They replaced it with baked salmon. Funny thing is, they have pan fried salmon as 1 of their hot dish too. Of cos i also pointed tat out to the chef :D

K, i try again. Maybe 4th time lucky. Hmmm, come to tink of it, today also dun have squid ink pasta. Gena sai :s8:

Errr, 1 market for weekday lunch above > $25 wor. Low 30s iirc. Dinner will be way above 30 liao.

Square@Furama? Tat one lunch around $30 after 1 for 1 promo. Dinner abt mid 30s.

Zenden around $25 after 1 for 1. Small spread though, but i still find it quite okay for the price.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got so fierce or not........

Err, let me recall, he basically ate a ton of stuff, then polished off a whole tray of prawns or issit 2 trays? Proclaimed tat he is finally 'full', then came back with another plate full of food ... :eek:

I also recall having the boss of SSK (CSM lookalike) personally come to our table to see for himself how much food PPP was demolishing...hahah

The boss see liao, shake head and walk off :s13:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Saw it run out of pork saddle before - replaced it with a roast chicken

Yup, that's how bad it was :s22:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ala Carte Buffet Dinner @ Peach Garden Miramar
Date :- Thu 03 Sep
Time :- 6.30pm
Price :- 30.80++ (iirc :D ) with 4 pay 3 promo, so abt $31 nett

Participants
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. jgyy
4. jt (TBC)/carey (TBC)/
*Due to 4 pay 3 promo, the outing is only confirmed if we hit 8 pax, or just nice got 4 pax*

Tue and Thu I can't :(

Mon and Wed are best for me...hahah

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.