Acoustic Werkes CIEM

Legend2127

Reaction score
Yaaaa! Like in some stadium. Damn gay the soundstage.

Like that my roxanne's soundstage is like what?:eek:

Not the best news to hear for a 3-day old Merlin owner... hahaha!

I did try the W300 months ago and felt that the soundstage was tooooo wide and separation was tooooo much to my liking, which resulted in music that is a little difficult for me to focus. Just my opinion though.

personal preference leh...

burping_boy

Reaction score
Like that my roxanne's soundstage is like what?:eek:

personal preference leh...

Haven tried the Roxanne before so no comments, but cannot imagine if is going to be even wider than W300...

From Livewires Dual to Merlin, the soundstage already increased significantly for me.

If it is wide but very thin & lean in between the vast space then is probably not for me. But if it is wide but very lush and filled then i might get poisoned...

Legend2127

Reaction score
Haven tried the Roxanne before so no comments, but cannot imagine if is going to be even wider than W300...

From Livewires Dual to Merlin, the soundstage already increased significantly for me.

If it is wide but very thin & lean in between the vast space then is probably not for me. But if it is wide but very lush and filled then i might get poisoned...

U better keep your cards at home then...

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Roxanne even wider??
I already can't imagine myself listening to w300 for long sia :/ same as burping boy I find it excessive

I feel roxanne Soundstage lose to w500. Go hear both. I feel the w500 tuning better than roxanne. Iem doesn't mean more driver mean better.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest I think w300 is the best model in aaw currently. W500 wider Soundstage but in terms of vocal intimacy, clarity, static imaging, separation and prat, not as fine tuned as w300. Maybe the w500 final version will deserve the title of flagship. But atm, w300 wins merlin, ls4 ls5, miracles etc. The high frequency sound emitted from it is damn imba.

Gryphus0204

Reaction score
Anyone know how does the A2H-V compare to like, maybe the GR07. At first I was saving up to get the Noble 3C or 1964 V3, then now there's a Singapore based CIEM company with cheap price.

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how does the A2H-V compare to like, maybe the GR07. At first I was saving up to get the Noble 3C or 1964 V3, then now there's a Singapore based CIEM company with cheap price.

Why don't you go down and try all of the ciems you have in mind?

If you like what you hear, the decision will come naturally.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Never heard the gr07 but I'd like to mention that the v versions have a mid hump rather than a v shaped sound sig contrary to what I expected when I saw the name

widget

Reaction score
The V in the model name represents the Vocal, so I believed it purposedly tuned with mid hump

Legend2127

Reaction score
I feel roxanne Soundstage lose to w500. Go hear both. I feel the w500 tuning better than roxanne. Iem doesn't mean more driver mean better.

I'm very happy with what i have... i think built and artwork JHA are still years ahead of AAW...

I have nv try an universal roxanne before so cannot compare with W500, but I would say i like W500, but my custom roxanne wow me even more...

W500 is a 4 way crossover design while roxanne is a 3 way...

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with what i have... i think built and artwork JHA are still years ahead of AAW...

I have nv try an universal roxanne before so cannot compare with W500, but I would say i like W500, but my custom roxanne wow me even more...

W500 is a 4 way crossover design while roxanne is a 3 way...

Actually the roxanne failed to impress me.. maybe cause I listen to jpop mainly. So far I like w300 over w500 as well.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very very excited to receive the AAW A2H.. ordered on last friday... :s22:

widget

Reaction score
Lol! If 1 week turnover, really impressive.
Had the chance to try the w500 with some of the headfi kakis today and the sound is marvelous.
The bass from the dynamic driver is out of this world.
Since I already have a Roxanne, I can't justify spending another 4 figures for another ciem.
In the end, opted for the A2H-V while some of the guys opted for the A2H

Legend2127

Reaction score
Lol! If 1 week turnover, really impressive.
Had the chance to try the w500 with some of the headfi kakis today and the sound is marvelous.
The bass from the dynamic driver is out of this world.
Since I already have a Roxanne, I can't justify spending another 4 figures for another ciem.
In the end, opted for the A2H-V while some of the guys opted for the A2H

I tried W500 before i get my Roxanne, base on memory I still prefer Roxanne as i feel that it still got room for improvement since Roxanne is running on stock cable while W500 is running on custom cable...

get A2H-V as spare?

widget

Reaction score
I tried W500 before i get my Roxanne, base on memory I still prefer Roxanne as i feel that it still got room for improvement since Roxanne is running on stock cable while W500 is running on custom cable...

get A2H-V as spare?

Not as spare, more like for different flavour as the A2H-V has a mids hump, something that I do miss after I sold my TG!334

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.