SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

xuan87

Reaction score
in the past the min waiting time is 3 months, which is the equivalent implication of the 9 month window under the old system, since even with ippt taken on the last day of window X, window x+1 only opens exactly 3 months later, so yeah no loophole in old system lol.

so now assuming the 3 month waiting rule still applies...then i think its still ok, since now with 12 month window, we can train as such:

0 month (window X just open):
1st to 8th month 70% relaxed
9th month: 80%
10th month: 85%
11th month: 95% top form <----attempt for ippt gold for window X
12th month: (window x close, window x+1 opens)
12+1st month 95% peak <--- attempt for ippt gold for window x+1

but this kill-2-birds-with-one-stone approach may be risky, cos u are gambling on being able to stay in top form towards the end of window X. if unforseen stuff happens eg rain/no more slots/some unexpected commitment occur then your top form is lost and might not come back in time to bag a gold towards the end of window X (touchwood lol) anyway i think its safer to train such that u can stay in top form, twice a year:

0 70%
3 95% <--- 1st attempt for ippt gold in window x+1
6 70%
9 95% <---2nd attempt for ippt gold if 1st attempt fail lol
12 window x close, 70% relax for xmas
0 new window open, 70%
3 95% <--- 1st attempt for ippt gold in window x+1 :)

but then i guess..if we are all very passionate and highly motivated, then top form or not, its pretty much mind over matter when i comes down to crunchtime :s13:

If you think about it, you cannot have a 3 months waiting period. If you do, then technically, your 2nd year's window is not 12 month, but 9 months, same as the old system. Kinda defeat the purpose of announcing a new 12 month window. So the gahmen can't announce any waiting period plus still say 12 months window.

Aiyo, if you truly want to play safe, then don't aim for 80 points or 60 points lah, aim for more, so even if you off form, you can still get what you initially wanted.

Not sure what it's like for the rest of you but back in NS, I always find that I do better during the actual test comparing to the trial runs, I think it's due to the extra pressure of the actual test.

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am just waiting for sept 6th to do new ippt and clear it $ or not i dun care..well i guess thats most ppl idea also..

xuan87

Reaction score
when are they going to increase the ippt monetary award?

If your birthday is after September, you will received the increased monetary award if you take your IPPT after September 2014.

If your birthday is before September, then you can only received the increased monetary award in your next IPPT window, not your current one.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NEED ADVICE.

Booked RT for tomorrow about a month ago and realized that tomorrow is my dad's birthday 15mins ago and not able to attend it. Tried to cancel it but i guess its too late. Is there any way i can do it ? Or bo bian just skip and tio warning ?

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NEED ADVICE.

Booked RT for tomorrow about a month ago and realized that tomorrow is my dad's birthday 15mins ago and not able to attend it. Tried to cancel it but i guess its too late. Is there any way i can do it ? Or bo bian just skip and tio warning ?

its okie to just no show. nothing will happen.

just that you too many no show, they might block you from booking further sessions until you call in to cancel the block.

tim098

Reaction score
Hi guys, I received a notice for charge for not completing my RT. The charge date is in 2 months but I will be overseas during this time and the ticket is already booked!

I have emailed them already and attached the e-ticket. Any one here know if charge date for RT default can be changed or have changed successfully before? Very nervous. Thanks.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I received a notice for charge for not completing my RT. The charge date is in 2 months but I will be overseas during this time and the ticket is already booked!

I have emailed them already and attached the e-ticket. Any one here know if charge date for RT default can be changed or have changed successfully before? Very nervous. Thanks.

I remember hearing someone said yes.

kumokumo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can confirm if IPPT is a 2 year cycle now?
If 1st year pass IPPT or clear 10 IPT then 2nd year do nothing.

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your birthday is after September, you will received the increased monetary award if you take your IPPT after September 2014.

If your birthday is before September, then you can only received the increased monetary award in your next IPPT window, not your current one.

my windows is July 2014 to July 2015

i passed with silver $200 in July 2014. So the new incentive wont come to me until July 2015 when I do the new window attempt?

But I can still try the new ippt between sept 2014 t0 July 2015 and get $400 gold (old incentive amt) right? I got 5pts for all stations except 3pts for SBJ...now SBJ gone im more confident.

Authmn

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone can confirm if IPPT is a 2 year cycle now?
If 1st year pass IPPT or clear 10 IPT then 2nd year do nothing.

Haha no. its not a 2 year cycle.
its just u clear ippt, ipt, rt or whatever T in 1 year.

for example, if u take ippt 9 months after your Bday (and failed), that means u only 3 mths left to clear RT.

xuan87

Reaction score
my windows is July 2014 to July 2015

i passed with silver $200 in July 2014. So the new incentive wont come to me until July 2015 when I do the new window attempt?

But I can still try the new ippt between sept 2014 t0 July 2015 and get $400 gold (old incentive amt) right? I got 5pts for all stations except 3pts for SBJ...now SBJ gone im more confident.

Supposedly yes according to ns.sg

But someone called the IPPT hotline and they say that we can't take the new IPPT until April next year, so I'm a little confused. I plan to wait till September to see if anyone manage to successfully take the new format

alchemist_acid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I left the last IPT session, and will be taking it after 1 Sep.

So will it be:
-old 5 station ipt-ippt?
-new 3 station ipt-ippt?

so there's no ppt standard anymore if it is the new 3 station test right?

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Say I want to take the IPT route. Do I take 10 IPT sessions on my first year then 8 RT sessions for 2nd year? Since the window for IPT and RT are 1 year each.

So confusing.

Reaction score
paiseh for the noob qn, what attire is accepted to go into bedok camp for rt ah? some ppl say need covered pants and shoes, some say dont need. need some clarification please ty :s22:

Jiaw3i

Reaction score
paiseh for the noob qn, what attire is accepted to go into bedok camp for rt ah? some ppl say need covered pants and shoes, some say dont need. need some clarification please ty :s22:

Strictly no wearing of slippers/sandals/flip flops.

Shorts or covered pants are fine.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. Maju is a all weather conducting station!

NOPE-Dean-Ambrose-2.jpg

What about Haze!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.