Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

techizen2

Reaction score
Do you have the menu list, or the reinstate lobster live action is a hearsay?

Yes, received the full F1 Buffet Dinner Menu today.

Western Live Station

Pan Fried Lobster with Clarified Herbs Butter

Under Western Hot Dish got Roasted Red Eye Loin :s13:

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
The menu stated only Fri/Sat dinner have it but if the information Toons got is true then everyday also have it.

I see i see.
Well as usual, like most cafes *ahem....the EDGE....*, they love to mention logistics, seasonal catch, freshness as excuse to buy time and decide whether to put up their expensive seafood on the table.

For edge, it's the oyster. Cheat my feelings

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see i see.
Well as usual, like most cafes *ahem....the EDGE....*, they love to mention logistics, seasonal catch, freshness as excuse to buy time and decide whether to put up their expensive seafood on the table.

To prevent diners from eating too much of the expensive stuffs. Want to give offer but the good stuffs came out one or two rounds then bo liao.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see i see.

They should have it since its in the menu. Last yr, they confirmed upfront no lobsters n its not the menu too. However, its always subject to changes lor, but i dun think tat Ritz will purposely say got lobsters when they dun intend to serve it. Their service stds n commitment to excellence quite impressive wor, not to mention its not worth spoiling their reputation ... i hope :D

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The menu stated only Fri/Sat dinner have it but if the information Toons got is true then everyday also have it.

After the claymore fiasco, even if the menu got indicate, i also dun wanna say liao :s13: ... my poor fragile heart cannot take another disappointment ...

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They should have it since its in the menu. Last yr, they confirmed upfront no lobsters n its not the menu too. However, its always subject to changes lor, but i dun think tat Ritz will purposely say got lobsters when they dun intend to serve it. Their service stds n commitment to excellence quite impressive wor, not to mention its not worth spoiling their reputation.

I think got one time no scallops right? Someone reasoned with the manager that it's was on the menu.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After the claymore fiasco, even if the menu got indicate, i also dun wanna say liao :s13: ... my poor fragile heart cannot take another disappointment ...

Yeah, I know. I going with many many many colleagues and families. We are not sitting together though so I can table hop. :D

techizen2

Reaction score

I thought for Claymore case, menu did not indicate but newbie person who took your call said have this and that?

Think better to trust the menu more than what the person on the other line said because many people, including the chef, would have gone through the menu thoroughly first before being finalized and printed.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wah, better post disclaimer incase someone say tat toons anyhow post got lobsters everyday :s8:

My whole post reads ...

Actually he said every night dinner also have, but fri n sat more likely. He also kept stressing its subject to changes, might be replaced by crayfish instead if not so fresh n due to logistic challenges, yada yada yada. Say until like tat, i also dunno how certain it is, so better dun say ... keep expectations low ... If have, its a bonus, if dun have, also will not be disappointed.

... it is precisely cos i am dubious of the veracity of his remarks tat i chose not to mention abt the lobsters.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought for Claymore case, menu did not indicate but newbie person who took your call said have this and that?

Think better to trust the menu more than what the person on the other line said because many people, including the chef, would have gone through the menu thoroughly first before being finalized and printed.

Nope, it is indicated in the menu. Errr, considering the greenhouse menu can print red eye loin for like consecutive 2 yrs, you still have so much trust in menus? :s13:

Then again, maybe the menu is not wrong ... assuming the loin is from a cow with red eye .... lucky red eye is not a symptom of mad cow diease :D

Last edited:

techizen2

Reaction score
Nope, it is indicated in the menu. Errr, considering the greenhouse menu can print red eye loin for like consecutive 2 yrs, you still have so much trust in menus? :s13:

Then again, maybe the menu is not wrong ... assuming the loin is from a cow with red eye :D

Yes, cause Red Eye Loin means Loin with Red Eye gravy. :s8:

-EnZo-

Master Member
Reaction score
Thks toons for the lobang. Fast hand fast leg book 19 n 20th also liao. Wooohoo best bday dinner ever

richey

Master Member
Reaction score

Then again, maybe the menu is not wrong ... assuming the loin is from a cow with red eye .... lucky red eye is not a symptom of mad cow diease :D

Already slept while the discussion furthers. Just wokeup and read this. Kept me laughing for awhile while eating my loti. Lol

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already slept while the discussion furthers. Just wokeup and read this. Kept me laughing for awhile while eating my loti. Lol

We aim to entertain :D

I think red eye refers to a sauce, not a reference to any cut of meat.

Red-eye gravy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Red-eye gravy is a thin sauce often seen in the cuisine of the Southern United States and associated with the country ham of that region. Other names for this sauce include poor man's gravy, bird-eye gravy, bottom sop and red ham gravy. The gravy is made from the drippings of pan-fried (or sometimes baked) sausage, country ham, bacon, or other pork, sometimes mixed with black coffee. The same drippings, when mixed with flour, make the flavoring for Sawmill gravy. Red-eye gravy is often served over ham, cornbread, fried potatoes[disambiguation needed], grits, or North American bread biscuits.

A common practice is to dip the inner sides of a split biscuit into the gravy in order to add flavor and keep the biscuit from being too dry when a piece of country ham is added between the two halves: the Southern "ham biscuit" (although the Appalachian ham biscuit is simply a biscuit with country ham). Another popular way to serve red-eye gravy, especially in parts of Alabama, is with mustard or ketchup mixed in with the gravy. Biscuits are then dipped in the gravy (often termed "sopped" in Southern English).

In Louisiana, Cajun cuisine-style gravy is often made with a roast beef instead of ham. Black coffee is always used, and it is frequently a strongly brewed chicory coffee. The gravy is ladled over the meat on a bed of rice, staining the rice a dark brown color. Often, French bread and some kind of beans are also served as a side, like butter beans, lima beans, or peas.

Another variation is to use water with a bit of butter and season with red (cayenne) pepper.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.