Microsoft Surface

eijnaix

Banned
Reaction score
Got another call. Staff told me stock may come in Friday or if possible, Thursday evening. In the midst of me complaining nicely, with magic, all stocks just came in the door!

Now can collect tomorrow!

Which store and what model you purchase ah ?

Newsteads just inform me 6.45pm , saying all model arrived except my i7 512gb..... and asked whether i want a refund.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a call back and the staff tells me collection is Sept 1 after COMEX. Are they kidding me? Of course I told them I only preordered so I can get it on launch day. Why bother, I should have just bought at COMEX! Even had the right to say nobody from them committed such date. Of course I didn't shout and swear when talking to them, but definitely agitated. I also told them some people already got a call for collection tomorrow. The staff will "try" if I can get one earlier than Sept 1. Crazy

Illogical. i would never give my money to newstead ever. I have worked for them before and roughly know their work ethics. The last I wanted to buy an Asus T100 for a friend, they had to keep lying about transferring stocks to the store when actually the stock never existed. Sidetrack oops. I think next time for those who doesn't have student incentives, should just forget about pre-orders and just wait for retail day. Lol.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Illogical. i would never give my money to newstead ever. I have worked for them before and roughly know their work ethics. The last I wanted to buy an Asus T100 for a friend, they had to keep lying about transferring stocks to the store when actually the stock never existed. Sidetrack oops. I think next time for those who doesn't have student incentives, should just forget about pre-orders and just wait for retail day. Lol.

Do you know why they need to open so many stores with different names?

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you know why they need to open so many stores with different names?

I have no idea. Yes notebook.com is under them. Nubox also. And they have lots of stores at Funan. Lol I don't mind having first failed attempt tomorrow. Called and ask they said west sider's stocks are at the west facility at Boon Lay industrial area for self-collect if fail lol.

Ray1976

Reaction score
I called Microsoft Singapore whether a walk-in customer at Comex tmr can just get a SP3 (no pre-order)...the CSO also dunno whether there is any stock at Comex?! Harvey Norman sales chap told me that all the units for tmr are meant for pre-orders and there will not be any "ready stock" for walk-in customer. If that's the case, why the heck Microsoft so a launch tmr when it is more of a "collection date" for pre-order customers? I dun get it...I thought I can get a unit at Comex tmr...I guess this ain't gonna happen.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
I called Microsoft Singapore whether a walk-in customer at Comex tmr can just get a SP3 (no pre-order)...the CSO also dunno whether there is any stock at Comex?! Harvey Norman sales chap told me that all the units for tmr are meant for pre-orders and there will not be any "ready stock" for walk-in customer. If that's the case, why the heck Microsoft so a launch tmr when it is more of a "collection date" for pre-order customers? I dun get it...I thought I can get a unit at Comex tmr...I guess this ain't gonna happen.

You can get from challenger.

echoblue

Reaction score

There should be stocks at COMEX but very limited qty.

echoblue

Reaction score
Which store and what model you purchase ah ?

Newsteads just inform me 6.45pm , saying all model arrived except my i7 512gb..... and asked whether i want a refund.

Newstead (Digital lifestyle) Suntec, i5/256gb. They better not lie about the stock availability ��

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fr which store u ordered from?

Microsoft online with 10% student discount..

Was worried they will reject my order cause i used my daughter primary school library card..

they sent me 2 mail... first one said my student discount was accepted and another email came next day said it was rejected as student discount was only meant for tertiary education..

i fast hand fast leg log in to order and it got through with the discount!!

initally the date shown was 1st sept cause i ordered so late... but am pleasantly surprise now that it is in singaporea waiting for delivery tomorrow

aural

Reaction score

Was worried they will reject my order cause i used my daughter primary school library card..

they sent me 2 mail... first one said my student discount was accepted and another email came next day said it was rejected as student discount was only meant for tertiary education..

initally the date shown was 1st sept cause i ordered so late... but am pleasantly surprise now that it is in singaporea waiting for delivery tomorrow

I ordered same stuff 2 days earlier but no news. Looks like u are lucky.

minute_me

Reaction score

Mine also in sg now..but din say going to deliver tomorrow.

zidane47us

Reaction score
i7 models

I heard from other blogs that Surface Pro 3 got heating issues for i7 model. I ordered i7. :(
I hope its not one of those with overheat problems. Anyone here ordered same model?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

I heard from other blogs that Surface Pro 3 got heating issues for i7 model. I ordered i7. :(
I hope its not one of those with overheat problems. Anyone here ordered same model?

I ordered an i7 too. MS already announced a fix will be release soon for the heat issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.